Author Topic: Legend of the Gold of Babylon re-announced by Discotek for BD & DVD, 2018.  (Read 69481 times)

Reed

• Lazy Site Admin
  • Cliff Hanger
  • Site Admin
    • http://www.lupinthethird.com
Re: Legend of the Gold of Babylon re-announced by Discotek for BD & DVD, 2018.
« Reply #30 on: October 23, 2018, 02:46:45 am »
Yeah, the DVD is coming a bit later than BD so if you're a DVD person, its not far behind.

To be clear, it's really the Part IV cast which is 80% the same as the Part II one...the "original" Zenigata is not back for this one.
-R. Nelson

JAG2045

• Part of the Gang
« Reply #31 on: October 23, 2018, 01:28:59 pm »
Yeah, the DVD is coming a bit later than BD so if you're a DVD person, its not far behind.

To be clear, it's really the Part IV cast which is 80% the same as the Part II one...the "original" Zenigata is not back for this one.

Great to hear that, thanks for confirming Reed!

Is there any word on any other extras (aside from the new dub) for either the BD or DVD? Neither rightstuf nor discotek mention anything

LoneCynic

• Part of the Gang
« Reply #32 on: November 11, 2018, 08:57:04 pm »
As long as it has some linear notes and the usual background stuff I will be pleased.  I really enjoy learning about the history behind some of these specials and movies.  You can tell that the people involved really care about delivering a quality product.  I try to buy every Lupin release that they put out to show that I want them to continue licensing and releasing Lupin material.  It is really a shame that Lupin has never really caught on in a big way in North America.  It is my second favorite anime franchise ever, and I really enjoy collecting stuff from it.  This franchise has been around since before I was born, and is still going strong in Japan.  It is amazing how many specials there are that I have never seen yet.  There is still a chunk of Red Jacket that I have never seen, as well as Pink Jacket.  I started watching Part III on Hulu when it was on there, but they dropped it before I could get through all of it.  If Discotek continues to release Lupin stuff, I will continue to purchase it.   

Reed

• Lazy Site Admin
  • Cliff Hanger
  • Site Admin
    • http://www.lupinthethird.com
« Reply #33 on: November 12, 2018, 06:50:04 pm »

Great to hear that, thanks for confirming Reed!

Is there any word on any other extras (aside from the new dub) for either the BD or DVD? Neither rightstuf nor discotek mention anything

Sorry, I didn't think to reply to this.

The LupintheThird.com staff has written up some liner notes, and there are trailers, and I think an art gallery is on the BD.
-R. Nelson

LoneCynic

• Part of the Gang
« Reply #34 on: November 30, 2018, 08:55:59 pm »
That's good to hear, I love the linear notes.  That's always what I go to immediately after watching a new Lupin release.  Thank you for adding those to so many of these releases. 

MGFanJay

• Part of the Gang
  • Oh yeah...
    • Hardocre Gamer Magzine - free download
« Reply #35 on: December 09, 2018, 10:14:30 pm »
Got my Blu-Ray copy via a BBY.com order a couple weeks ago and loved it. I didn't like this film in the slightest when I first saw it eons ago, but the English voice cast definitely makes it more palettable and the transfer looks fantastic.

GATSU

• Part of the Gang
« Reply #36 on: December 09, 2018, 10:16:05 pm »
MG: I’m glad you loved it and I know the cast and staff worked extra hard on it. And sorry I thought of an inappropriate comment right now, but I’m under pressure. (Mental health issues.) I’m stupid right now. Enjoy.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2018, 10:17:41 pm by GATSU »