Author Topic: Legend of the Gold of Babylon re-announced by Discotek for BD & DVD, 2018.  (Read 6505 times)

GATSU

• Part of the Gang
Link. Thanks to Vintage Anime Fans for the tip.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2017, 04:28:13 PM by Reed »

VampireNaomi

• Part of the Gang
It's going to be great to get Babylon in good quality. I've got an old Finnish DVD that looks so bad it might just as well be a worn out VHS. It seems to be a popular opinion that this movie is bad, but if I had to make a list of my top-5 least favourite Lupin movies, this wouldn't even be on it. I love how silly and bizarre it is while also including action and adventure. The only problem I really have with it is that some parts are really cringy to watch, especially the Miss ICPO beauty contest.

SolHerald

• Part of the Gang
I was really hoping that they got the Goemon movie, but until they do, I'll be happy with this. I'm gonna love showing this one to family.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2017, 07:03:54 PM by SolHerald »

Akai Shuichi

• Shottogun
  • Part of the Gang
The original VAP release has a BGM-only track and I hope that carries over onto this. I've not seen any other Lupin release ever include an extra like that before.

GATSU

• Part of the Gang
Akai: Music rights might be a bitch on that, but I'll try to ask, if they post it on FB.

Lupus Zeniga

• Part of the Gang
Cool news.

Aelia

• Part of the Gang
I thought I'd never see this get released after it was put on hold so many years ago. Looking forward to picking it up.

SolHerald

• Part of the Gang
The original VAP release has a BGM-only track and I hope that carries over onto this. I've not seen any other Lupin release ever include an extra like that before.
Discotek's Fuma release has a BGM-only track, so it is possible.

Aelia

• Part of the Gang
Wait a minute, is this seriously the first time this movie will be on Blu-Ray?

GATSU

• Part of the Gang
Aelia: In America. [Not quoting YuGiOh Abridged guy.  :P]

Aelia

• Part of the Gang
Aelia: In America. [Not quoting YuGiOh Abridged guy.  :P]

You absolutely certain? The only reason I asked is because of a shot apparently taken from their presentation claimed that it was the first time it's going to be released on blu-ray worldwide.

Reed

• Lazy Site Admin
  • Cliff Hanger
  • Site Admin
    • http://www.lupinthethird.com
-R. Nelson

Aelia

• Part of the Gang
Aelia:
http://www.blu-ray.com/Lupin-III-Legend-of-the-Gold-of-Babylon/369079/#Releases

Thanks Reed. I probably should have checked there first before rambling here.   :-[

JAG2045

• Part of the Gang
Despite it being a VERY weird movie I'm still happy this will finally get a release (after over a decade since Discotek originally announced it would be coming out!) and we will finally have all the theatrical movies on DVD  ;D

*UPDATE* Here's the announcement from Discotek to http://www.animenewsnetwork.cc/news/2017-08-13/discotek-licenses-cyborg-009-the-cyborg-soldier-tomorrow-joe-project-arms-niea_7-lupin-iii-the-legend-of-the-gold-of-babylon/.120065

Also glad to see the next Part 2 collection is planned for a December release  :)
« Last Edit: August 15, 2017, 12:26:30 PM by JAG2045 »

DragonmasterDan

• Part of the Gang
I'm pleased.

But.. at the same time I'd rather have a GOOD transfer of Farewell to Nostradamus. My lasedisc of Rupan: The Legend of Gold Babylon is fine considering how infrequently I want to watch that movie.