Author Topic: Monkey Punch pulls a Miyazaki, to direct new Lupin anime.  (Read 361 times)

GATSU

• Part of the Gang
Monkey Punch pulls a Miyazaki, to direct new Lupin anime.
« on: December 19, 2017, 09:31:23 pm »
Details here.

Lupus Zeniga

• Part of the Gang
Re: Monkey Punch pulls a Miyazaki, to direct new Lupin anime.
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2017, 02:10:48 pm »
I'm glad Lupin gets an 50th anniversary piece.

It's nice that Monkey Punch is still active at his age, but I recall he was so unhappily exhausted the last time he directed that he swore never to do it again. Still, I thought Dead or Alive had some cool action scenes, so hopefully this will be good in his hands.

I also need to see more of what this special has planned. I hope it's exemplary and above average, Lupin deserves no less.   ;)

Shin Lupin Sansei

• Part of the Gang
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2017, 12:19:21 am »
Hell yes! I stopped by here tonight on a lark thinking that it has been sooo long since any good Lupin news came along and hoping for anything newsworthy. Personally I think DOA is one of the best Lupin films so I am excited to see his next go at animation.

Only concern is the connection with the first series episode; personally I thought it was a terrible episode that wouldn't appeal to anyone over 12 (even 40 years ago when aired, much less today)...though honestly how the franchise ever made it beyond the first series is curious given how awful that entire series is (even the Miyazaki/Takahata episodes).

Still, super pumped that the franchise has come back from the dead like this and that MP is directing again!

mikezilla2

• Part of the Gang
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2018, 03:37:34 am »
I adored the First series !