Author Topic: First look at Lupin III: Part 5  (Read 49968 times)

mikezilla2

• Part of the Gang
Re: First look at Lupin III: Part 5
« Reply #30 on: March 16, 2018, 11:48:30 am »
Most Spring shows are not announced for simulcast either as far as I can tell. Not to mention we still will have some news coming out for the stage event at the end of the month.

what i Mean is we were lucky last time that somone wanted to translate   other wise we would of waited over 6 months for subs ( took a long time to get to japan)

Lupus Zeniga

• Part of the Gang
« Reply #31 on: March 29, 2018, 04:37:59 pm »
Next week it starts.  :)

Lupus Zeniga

• Part of the Gang
« Reply #32 on: April 02, 2018, 07:26:20 am »
« Last Edit: April 02, 2018, 08:47:30 am by Lupus Zeniga »

Akai Shuichi

• Shottogun
  • Part of the Gang
« Reply #33 on: April 02, 2018, 11:38:50 am »
According to ANN, Crunchyroll has picked it up for simulcast. TMS USA is on the ball lately.

GATSU

• Part of the Gang
« Reply #34 on: April 02, 2018, 12:25:41 pm »
Intro is slightly NSFW-and evidently conceived by Sierra progammers for Leisure Suit Larry 2.  ;D

SolHerald

• Part of the Gang
« Reply #35 on: April 02, 2018, 06:38:30 pm »
https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2018-04-02/lupin-iii-part-5-anime-posts-opening-sequence-episode-1-intro/.129841

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GK9aXTnzOt8

My God, that OP. It's awesome! The artwork could be a little less stylized, but it was pretty awesome.

Honestly, the style is what does it for me. The animation budget (for the OP) seems a little less than Part IV, but the style and the charm more than makes up for it. I couldn't wipe the stupid grin off my face.

Also:
Intro is slightly NSFW-and evidently conceived by Sierra progammers for Leisure Suit Larry 2.  ;D

Nah, don't be ridicuolous...
*Watches opening*
*Looks through screenshots*
... Okay yeah, I guess every opening from now on is gonna try and slip in a little more Fujiko.  :P
« Last Edit: April 02, 2018, 07:11:07 pm by SolHerald »

Red Dear

• Lupin The Third analyst and crazy penciller
  • Part of the Gang
    • DeviantArt gallery
« Reply #36 on: April 03, 2018, 09:20:39 am »
Really, that's considered NSFW? Ah puritanism when you hold our lives... XD

The ending animation is almost more suggestive in that regard. ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1ZYvXnVUyw&feature=youtu.be
Time to play the game, time to get a chance !

Shin Lupin Sansei

• Part of the Gang
« Reply #37 on: April 03, 2018, 10:15:42 am »
Actually kind of disinterested in the OP style. Looks like a really good fan made flash video. But not what I expect from Lupin. Not bad perse just....meh. however the series as a whole does look like a step down budget and animation wise from part IV. I wish they had stuck with the pencil work of series IV, this looks too digitally produced to me on the whole. However I am still excited to see it. Wondering if.....

And I can't believe I am going to say this but I am hoping Funimation will license this so we can have it in less than 4 years unlike DT's handling of Part IV.

Also what is with the Japan tv timeslot? Is anyone even awake at 2 am to watch this? Doesn't that seem like an absurdly late time to even consider airing this show to be financially viable?

Shin Lupin Sansei

• Part of the Gang
« Reply #38 on: April 03, 2018, 12:09:20 pm »

Nothing in OP that I would have considered NSFW...Ending...uhh, yeah just a little lol. Mostly because a coworker, or other on looker, would have no context for the series and thus think you were watching some pervert cartoon. However the ending is excellent, I love the Fujiko vignette they have made with it. Especially the scene where she wraps hands with her unseen lover...is it Lupin? Or is that a look of sorrow on her face as she seduces another mark instead of her true love? Also does this mean she will have a larger role on this series? I wonder.

GATSU

• Part of the Gang
« Reply #39 on: April 03, 2018, 12:34:44 pm »
If you don’t mind importing, Japanese BD in July. Also, Fujiko clip is *still* NSFW. But, unlike the OP, at least it doesn’t look like a fan video. Also, nice nods to Dezaki’s Golgo and Cobra ocean scenes and Kawajiri’s Wicked City love scene.  8) Oh, and more new character sketches.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2018, 01:09:50 pm by GATSU »

Red Dear

• Lupin The Third analyst and crazy penciller
  • Part of the Gang
    • DeviantArt gallery
« Reply #40 on: April 03, 2018, 01:38:42 pm »
I would not say the opening looks like a fan video. The style is very reminiscent of the french school of animation,
like the one at Les Gobelins. I actually would not be surprised to see some french names in the animation staff, Telecom
has hired some in the past.

I agree with the subtle hint at Golgo 13 and Dezaki's aesthetic in the ending. I didn't noticed it before you mentioned it. Kudos!

Also, I guess nsfw really differs from countries. XD
Time to play the game, time to get a chance !

SolHerald

• Part of the Gang
« Reply #41 on: April 03, 2018, 03:56:26 pm »

I was just making a joke because, in Part IV Fujiko was obstructed by bars of light, and now in Part V they got in a barely noticeable nip slip at the end.  Of course, this is all child's play compared to the Fujiko series.  ;D

They sure are knocking these ending credits out of the park! That bar scene is beautiful.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2018, 04:01:49 pm by SolHerald »

blackjacket

• Part of the Gang
« Reply #42 on: April 04, 2018, 07:45:32 am »
I actually enjoyed the opening of the new 5th series. I do wish the art wasn't too stylized, but that doesn't I don't like it.
And parts of the opening song is obviously going for more "French", like how the 4th series op theme went partially "Italian", which I appreciate.
The new opening theme will surely be called "Theme from Lupin III 2018", which seems to be a "French" stylized remix of the 1980 theme.

I agree with most people saying the ending sequence was indeed risque.

Anyways, I watched the 1st episode and I enjoyed more than I expected to. Looking forward to the rest of the series.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2018, 07:50:38 am by blackjacket »

Shin Lupin Sansei

• Part of the Gang
« Reply #43 on: April 04, 2018, 08:40:42 am »
If you don’t mind importing, Japanese BD in July. Also, Fujiko clip is *still* NSFW. But, unlike the OP, at least it doesn’t look like a fan video. Also, nice nods to Dezaki’s Golgo and Cobra ocean scenes and Kawajiri’s Wicked City love scene.  8) Oh, and more new character sketches.

I will absolutely import if they include the subs. I also thought there was a flash of wicked city in that ending but thought that was perhaps unintentional and too obscure of a reference to be worth pointing out. But with the others you mention I think you may be right.

GATSU

• Part of the Gang
« Reply #44 on: April 04, 2018, 12:53:24 pm »
If you’re in Japan, and have no time to keep up with the show, you can purchase the episodes digitale here.