Author Topic: Episode 4 discussion: "Zenigata's Pride and the Desert Dust"  (Read 20379 times)

blackjacket

• Part of the Gang
Episode 4 discussion: "Zenigata's Pride and the Desert Dust"
« on: April 24, 2018, 09:43:55 pm »
Another enjoyable episode. Yes, I have enjoyed every episode of this series so far. :)

Fujiko really seemed serious about killing Lupin but Zenigata saves the day in nick of time. He also points out how Lupin doesn't act like he used around Fujiko.

Anyhow, we finally get an episode where Zenigata plays a bigger role, while there is also a lot of focus on Amy who's learning more about the real world through personal experience, rather than through computer screens in a dark closed room.
I have to say it's quite pleasant to see her slowly show more humane side of her, like how a person should be.

Anyhow, the episode ends with a cliffhanger(which was shown in the series trailer) and the next episode also seems good.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2018, 09:44:24 pm by blackjacket »

VampireNaomi

• Part of the Gang
Re: Episode 4 discussion: "Zenigata's Pride and the Desert Dust"
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2018, 08:47:59 am »
I greatly enjoyed the episode. Lupin and Zenigata have such a fun dynamic and it's always great to see them work together. There were also some real nice expressions on their faces all through the episode. But I wish they'd drop the shipping jokes. This was the third time they did the exact same joke, and it's wearing thin.

I wonder if Lupin and Fujiko have been working together the whole time and were planning to stage Lupin's death, but Zenigata ruined it by saving Lupin. The snipers in the end were most likely Jigen and Goemon since there was a close-up of the one with the gun spitting out a cigarette, so it would make sense that Fujiko filled them in on what was going on and they improvised the rest due to Zenigata's involvement.

At least, that's what I'd love to happen because I don't enjoy seeing Fujiko as an enemy to the others.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2018, 08:48:25 am by VampireNaomi »

MGFanJay

• Part of the Gang
  • Oh yeah...
    • Hardocre Gamer Magzine - free download
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2018, 09:52:12 pm »
Outstanding episode - they've really played with the franchise's long-running conventions and put new spins on them in a modern age. I liked the dynamic of Fujiko as a rival - but I do prefer her existing dynamic with the gang, and having Zenigata's allegiance actually be questioned is fun to see.

Rhys2753

• Part of the Gang
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2018, 12:21:10 am »
That sniper's cigarette seems oddly familiar... Be interesting if they make Jigen and Fujiko out to be the ones behind the drone camera guy.

Lupus Zeniga

• Part of the Gang
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2018, 09:02:16 am »
Zenigata is here! I always enjoy seeing the rivalry/friendship between the ultimate anime cop/robber.

Fujiko's encounter didn't last too long. And something serious must have happened if Jigen and Goemon are angry with her too.

Ami gets some decent development time. She handled the desert better than I expected, and was able to emote better. And LOL at her now including Zenigata as Lupin's lover.

Even though Lupin took a bullet, I really doubt it killed him. We're only 4 episodes in after all. And the preview of course gives away the ploy.

But it looks like the coming end of a mini-arc, where Lupin finishes dealing with Marco Polo, and may now head to France.