Author Topic: Episode 9 discussion: The Man Who Abandoned "Lupin"  (Read 1969 times)

blackjacket

• Part of the Gang
Episode 9 discussion: The Man Who Abandoned "Lupin"
« on: May 29, 2018, 09:27:29 pm »
This episode was also pretty good.
It briefly shows the past between Lupin and Albert, who are shown to be most likely related, probably cousins IMO.
The meaning of the title refers to Albert who has abandoned the family name of Lupin, as he no longer desired to remain a thief.

Our Lupin and Albert apparently competed for the title of the 3rd in the past, but since Albert quit for his dream of 'obtaining' France,
Lupin apparently became Lupin the 3rd like that.

Anyways, I appreciate that the villains the Lupin gang has to face are not just Albert, but also several factions who want to use the Black Notebook,
for political means, with betrayal and violent terrorist attacks, making the overall story more interesting.

Despite what happened at the end of last episode, because of what's happening in France,
I totally understand why Lupin and Albert form an alliance(albeit temporary) by the end of this episode.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2018, 09:31:42 pm by blackjacket »

penguintruth

• Part of the Gang
Re: Episode 9 discussion: The Man Who Abandoned "Lupin"
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2018, 09:23:25 pm »
So, wait, when Lupin (in the flashback) says he'll be the one to inherit "Lupin the Third", does that mean it's just a title, as Green vs Red postulates?

Anyway, great episode. Loved the chase scene and the new, political wrinkle could prove interesting.

blackjacket

• Part of the Gang
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2018, 08:52:03 pm »
So, wait, when Lupin (in the flashback) says he'll be the one to inherit "Lupin the Third", does that mean it's just a title, as Green vs Red postulates?

I have to say it's different from what they said in Green vs Red, because both Lupin and Albert actually blood related to the family of Arsene Lupin, unlike those Lupin wannabes in Green vs Red. I assume they are both grandsons of the first Lupin, while they are not immediate family members but relatives.

Lupus Zeniga

• Part of the Gang
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2018, 05:31:20 pm »
Things start to heat up in France's political climate. Very Mamo-esque.

This episode makes Lupin and Albert like family rivals sparring, which feels more natural. And it's nice to see that Lupin can irk Albert easily too.

Let's see how this "temporary alliance" holds out.