Author Topic: Episode 5 discussion: "A Crook's Resolve"  (Read 32214 times)

blackjacket

• Part of the Gang
Episode 5 discussion: "A Crook's Resolve"
« on: May 01, 2018, 09:41:53 pm »
Well, as Zenigata expected, the whole thing was staged, and Fujiko was also actually working on it together with the Lupin gang.
Heck, even the drone with cameras that have been chasing the Lupin gang the whole time was actually theirs too!!!
No wonder Lupin never shot it down, even though he and others had plenty of opportunities to do that.
Fujiko pretending to want to kill Lupin was just a ruse to get all the reward for "killing" on the assassin betting website.
However, the whole connection(I didn't want to say relationship) between Lupin and Fujiko being over is still true, which made it interesting.
We'll see if anything happens afterwards between the 2 characters.

Anyways, the whole Marco Polo arc is over with this episode, and Ami is now going to school to finally stay in the outside world,
instead of spending her life as a shut-in, which I'm happy to see.
So I suppose this Part 5 series will consist of several multi-episode arcs,
or perhaps also include standalone episodes, which is what the next episode seems to be.

This episode briefly introduces Andresy, the character believed to be connected to Lupin's past, as an important figure in French justice department.
We have yet to see a proper introduction and start of the story involving Andresy, but I'm looking forward to see it.

BTW, next episode 6 preview shows Lupin and others now dressed up in Pink Jacket era style!!!
The character design thankfully remains the same as the previous episodes of this series, but it sure is a surprise to see them in part 3 outfits again.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2018, 09:45:25 pm by blackjacket »

Rhys2753

• Part of the Gang
Re: Episode 5 discussion: "A Crook's Resolve"
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2018, 12:09:01 am »
Ha, totally called it on the drone. The phone call and Ami's realization that it's just "exciting" made this episode feel like one of the franchise best episodes to me. Really had some emotional punch if you've been with the gang for a decent amount. Not sure how I feel about what entails for next episode. If we keep the 4-5 episode arcs that will be really neat for the series as a whole.

MGFanJay

• Part of the Gang
  • Oh yeah...
    • Hardocre Gamer Magzine - free download
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2018, 12:54:53 am »
Lots of great twists and turns here - can't wait for next week's throwback to wacky '70s hijinks complete with the '80s pink jacket! This episode's ending definitely gave me vibes of Cagliostro - with Ami looking very Clarisse-esque and Lupin himself being the same kind of kindler, gentler version of himself to some degree.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2018, 01:07:01 am by MGFanJay »

Lupus Zeniga

• Part of the Gang
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2018, 04:41:53 pm »
That was a great conclusion to Ami's debut arc and this show's debut arc.

Lupin took full advantage of people using their screens too much. There's a lesson in that.

And even Zenigata knew Lupin couldn't be dead. So that's fine.

I knew that Glass dude was scum, but to break completely and beg Zenigata for mercy, he must really have no balls. Which is the point of the title "A crook's resolve."

Anyway Ami is safe, and in school. And we can see more of her in the future.

GATSU

• Part of the Gang
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2018, 09:37:00 pm »
Some stills from that retro Pink jacket ep.

blackjacket

• Part of the Gang
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2018, 10:35:45 pm »
Lots of great twists and turns here - can't wait for next week's throwback to wacky '70s hijinks complete with the '80s pink jacket! This episode's ending definitely gave me vibes of Cagliostro - with Ami looking very Clarisse-esque and Lupin himself being the same kind of kindler, gentler version of himself to some degree.

Heck, I was half-expecting Clarisse to be one of students of the school that Ami started attending, because the school uniforms strongly reminded me of her clothes in the Cagliostro movie. It would be really fun if Clarisse turns up and becomes friends with Ami.

GATSU

• Part of the Gang
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2019, 06:52:13 pm »
Just noticing and mentioning that the assassins from the Nezumi Clan are drawn in the typical Monkey Punch-style, and not TMS-style, which means that this *could* be based on one of his stories published in the WMW stuff we didn't get over here. That, or a spin-off manga inspired by MP's art. Definitely done in his style, along with episode 6, which makes me wonder if the latter volumes of the manga ever had Lupin with a pink jacket first.