Author Topic: Episode 11 discussion: "Get Pablo Collection"  (Read 410 times)

blackjacket

• Part of the Gang
Episode 11 discussion: "Get Pablo Collection"
« on: June 13, 2018, 07:36:47 pm »
As this week's episode is a standalone episode with Lupin in red jacket.
Interestingly, this episode is a flashback story, suggesting that red jacket days was in the past of the current blue jacket era,
instead of making it look like a different universe story like that previous standalone ep with pink jacket.

The episode itself isn't serious, and we get to see Lupin in his old former self, the one who's lusting for Fujiko, while the whole story and action somewhat give
the red jacket series vibe. In the end, we see that Lupin, Jigen and Goemon get along with together, rather than with Fujiko.
Which somehow reflects on Lupin's current dry relation with Fujiko.

Anyways, next week's episode also seems to be another standalone episode with Lupin in red jacket,
but this one will be Goemon-centric, a story from past set in France.

Lupus Zeniga

• Part of the Gang
Re: Episode 11 discussion: "Get Pablo Collection"
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2018, 06:25:32 am »
Another fun retro episode, this time on the Red Jacket capers/adventures.

I enjoyed seeing Jigen in his classic blue colors, though he did tell Fujiko it was tailored for the jungle. :P Fujiko was hot as usual and fanservice, but the jungle is no place for that.

The caper itself wasn't much though, I had hoped Pablo would still be alive. Then again, Red Jacket was all about adventures and not necessarily getting away with the loot. And a corrupt establishment is more trouble than a criminal kingpin, as often seen in stories.

Anyway, it provided a great scenario for Lupin, Jigen and Goemon to show off their loyalty and battle skills (Fujiko ran off, but that's what she'd do).

The jokes about Jigen's age seem to be pointing at Kobayashi.

It's a shame Fujiko couldn't appear at the party. And I miss Zenigata.