Author Topic: End of feedback section forthcoming.  (Read 1406 times)

Reed

• Lazy Site Admin
  • Cliff Hanger
  • Site Admin
    • http://www.lupinthethird.com
End of feedback section forthcoming.
« on: November 25, 2018, 04:40:34 pm »
Since my personal involvement as a Discotek producer and special-features producer is sunsetting, it would be weird for you all to give me feedback on their new releases. Please be sure to give them direct feedback if you enjoy or dislike aspects of their titles going forward. I will make threads for the remaining titles I was involved in before I close this section to new threads, though.
-R. Nelson

GATSU

• Part of the Gang
Re: End of feedback section forthcoming.
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2018, 10:28:02 pm »
Will you have anything to do with the rest of the Lupin ‘77 show, by any chance? And like this poster noted, any updates on release dates for the rest of that show, please?

Reed

• Lazy Site Admin
  • Cliff Hanger
  • Site Admin
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2018, 11:43:23 pm »
If anything at all, my involvement will be pretty darn minimal.

As for a Set 3 release date, I expect an announcement on Discotek's Facebook page sometime in the coming days. Knowing that there can always be last-minute hitches, I won't make that announcement for them.
-R. Nelson

SolHerald

• Part of the Gang
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2018, 02:11:50 am »
That's a shame, I appreciated the fact that we could directly communicate with you, someone who worked on the projects, and get a response. Which is something we can't really get by sending them a tweet or whatever.

So does that mean no more commentaries from you?

SurrealBrain

• Part of the Gang
  • Hello there!
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2018, 02:23:18 am »
Something happen, Reed? This is the first I heard of this. I do hope wherever you go from here, you'll do well and be healthy, but this is kinda out of the blue for me...

Reed

• Lazy Site Admin
  • Cliff Hanger
  • Site Admin
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2018, 07:11:16 pm »
 Basically I'm a consultant for the time being. My life has gotten really busy with my main job and my family, and keeping up with the home video projects was getting to be too difficult. I may yet return if the situation is right, so a future commentary is not out of the question, but I'm afraid that's just not right now.
-R. Nelson

SolHerald

• Part of the Gang
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2018, 08:56:10 pm »
Understandable, I hope things go well for you. And, hopefully we still see you around here on the forums as often.

SurrealBrain

• Part of the Gang
  • Hello there!
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2018, 09:30:33 pm »
You know what I always say; work and family comes first. Do what you gotta do, and get it all sorted out. No worries, Reed, most of us understand perfectly.

It's a shame to see you go, however long it may be, but I support your decision 100%. I only ask you stay safe, and have fun.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2018, 09:31:26 pm by SurrealBrain »

mikezilla2

• Part of the Gang
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2018, 02:53:54 am »
What Brain said

will miss your Work and can only Say that i

wish you the best and a safe Retern when ever that May be :)

LoneCynic

• Part of the Gang
« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2019, 08:22:10 pm »
Reed,

I have thoroughly enjoyed your contributions to the Lupin III releases these past years.  Much appreciation for all the time and effort invested in making each new Lupin release something to be "extra" (pun intended) excited about.  I too have additional family commitments now, and can understand having to prioritize your time.  Your contributions have greatly enhanced my enjoyment of Lupin III media, and made the Discotek releases must have purchases, even if it was a new release of a title I already owned previously by a different company.  Best wishes and success in wherever life takes you.  Thank you for all the linear notes and commentaries that gave each new release something special to look forward after the initial viewing.