Author Topic: New Movie: Fujiko Mine's Lie  (Read 17177 times)

Akai Shuichi

• Shottogun
  • Part of the Gang
New Movie: Fujiko Mine's Lie
« on: March 07, 2019, 10:25:42 am »
« Last Edit: March 07, 2019, 10:26:35 am by Akai Shuichi »

Thief in a Red Jacket

• Part of the Gang
Re: New Movie: Fujiko Mine's Lie
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2019, 04:09:46 pm »
Oh, I am all in for this! I definitely wasn’t expecting the next Koike film to come out so soon. We’ve been getting so much great Lupin content recently. It’s a great time to be a fan!

SolHerald

• Part of the Gang
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2019, 07:50:58 pm »
I guess that means the likelihood of us getting a Zenigata film next is almost certain. Color me very excited for both!

Lupus Zeniga

• Part of the Gang
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2019, 04:22:29 am »
I was hoping this would be a Zenigata film. But I enjoy Koike's Lupin so that's a minor matter for me.

VampireNaomi

• Part of the Gang
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2019, 06:46:36 am »
I'm positively surprised that we're getting Fujiko after all. I hope Zenigata is next, and maybe one more for Lupin in which all the hints of a bigger backstory come together and connect every entry in the series. The trailer looks promising.

Shin Lupin Sansei

• Part of the Gang
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2019, 10:31:04 pm »
Heck yes! Can't wait....

Whoops suddenly realized I am a filthy, sub-human gaijin and I am still not allowed to buy the Goemon film. Maybe by 2027 these will get released here? Man I despise the way TMS and DT treat us now....

GATSU

• Part of the Gang
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2019, 10:13:47 am »
That reminds me. Make this available for digital purchase here, too.

JAG2045

• Part of the Gang
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2019, 06:28:36 pm »
Excited for this, hope we get it and the Goemon movie dubbed by Discotek to go with Jigen's Gravestone  ;D

Lupus Zeniga

• Part of the Gang
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2019, 01:43:17 pm »
https://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2019/04/11/fujikos-lie-film-full-trailer-introduces-villain-character-voiced-by-mamoru-miyano

Its story centers on Fujiko who is running away with Gene (CV: Hanba Tomoe) who has a serious heart disease. His father Randy usurped 500 million dollars from a company named Kodfrey Mining for the expense of his surgery. After Randy was forced to kill himself by Bincom (CV: Mamoru Miyano), a professional killer hired by the company, Gene has become the only person who holds the key to the missing money. 

The film will get a limited theatrical run at selected theaters in Japan from May 31, 2019. As with the

Sounds okay. The trailer shows Bincam doing some super-cool stuff.

VampireNaomi

• Part of the Gang
« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2019, 10:21:45 am »
Does anyone know what the reactions by the Japanese audiences are like? Was the movie good or not?

GATSU

• Part of the Gang

GATSU

• Part of the Gang
« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2019, 02:48:23 pm »
ANN review which implies the final film in a 'trilogy'. https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/review/lupin-the-iiird/mine-fujiko-no-uso/.148376 I wonder if that mean that Koike chose not to do it without Monkey Punch, if that's true, or that the demand for it in theaters wasn't high enough to opt for that style. I know I said TMS can do the 'Bond thing without the Bond author', too, but perhaps I'm mistaken? Hope not.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2019, 05:44:58 pm by GATSU »

Lupin46

• Part of the Gang
« Reply #13 on: July 03, 2019, 01:06:06 pm »
ANN review which implies the final film in a 'trilogy'. https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/review/lupin-the-iiird/mine-fujiko-no-uso/.148376 I wonder if that mean that Koike chose not to do it without Monkey Punch, if that's true, or that the demand for it in theaters wasn't high enough to opt for that style. I know I said TMS can do the 'Bond thing without the Bond author', too, but perhaps I'm mistaken? Hope not.

It looks like they updated the tagline description for their review article, now it says, "This third installment in the trilogy of new Lupin films from Takeshi Koike..." as opposed to the previous phrasing of, "This final installment in the trilogy of new Lupin films from Takeshi Koike...". So it may just have been a case of poor phrasing on the author/editor's part. Hopefully this newest movie will sell well on blu-ray and Koike will continue with movies dedicated to Zenigata and Lupin respectively.

GATSU

• Part of the Gang
« Reply #14 on: July 04, 2019, 10:30:56 am »
Well, it’d be nice if DT drummed up support for that Zenigata one by pulling an Osomatsu-Kon and streaming that live-action show on CR.  8)