Author Topic: Goemon’s Blood and Fujiko’s Lie at AX (dubbed)  (Read 3889 times)

GATSU

• Part of the Gang
Goemon’s Blood and Fujiko’s Lie at AX (dubbed)
« on: June 25, 2019, 10:39:06 am »
Details here. https://mobile.twitter.com/WTK/status/1143346908066394122 Does this mean they got picked up?
« Last Edit: June 25, 2019, 12:35:11 pm by GATSU »

Akai Shuichi

• Shottogun
  • Part of the Gang
Re: Goemon’s Blood and Fujiko’s Lie at AX (dubbed)
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2019, 03:12:51 pm »
Not exactly, these dubs were commissioned by TMS directly. I believe Italian Game also had an AX English Dub (could be sub, but im pretty sure it was dubbed), and that's not yet released overseas.

SolHerald

• Part of the Gang
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2019, 03:28:28 pm »
Not exactly, these dubs were commissioned by TMS directly. I believe Italian Game also had an AX English Dub (could be sub, but im pretty sure it was dubbed), and that's not yet released overseas.

If someone was able to attend and can confirm, that would be nice. But, I can't find anything that says Italian Game was dubbed. Anyways, I think it would be weird if they put all this effort into getting TWO movies dubbed just for AX and not release them on home video. Yeah, they are probably going to upload them to Amazon/Google video like Goemon Bloodspray subbed, but might as well let Discotek release blurays for them, or release the movies themselves.

GATSU

• Part of the Gang
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2019, 04:51:45 pm »
Well, this was meant to be a tribute screening to Monkey Punch, so TMS did put up the money this time. But I'm sure DT is there to at least gauge audience reactions to those films.

SolHerald

• Part of the Gang
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2019, 05:31:08 am »
Nothing official, but according to this tweet: https://twitter.com/LumRanmaYasha/status/1147597339357396992, a bluray release is expected for both the Goemon and Fujiko movies. Presumably by Discotek?
« Last Edit: July 07, 2019, 05:32:41 am by SolHerald »

GATSU

• Part of the Gang
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2019, 10:48:04 am »
Glad to see it took off. Can anyone write about the panel itself, though, please, like what was said about MP, if anything?

Lupin46

• Part of the Gang
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2019, 08:03:54 pm »

If someone was able to attend and can confirm, that would be nice. But, I can't find anything that says Italian Game was dubbed. Anyways, I think it would be weird if they put all this effort into getting TWO movies dubbed just for AX and not release them on home video. Yeah, they are probably going to upload them to Amazon/Google video like Goemon Bloodspray subbed, but might as well let Discotek release blurays for them, or release the movies themselves.

I wasn't at the AX showing of Italian Game in 2017, but I did attend the showing at Otakon later that summer. It was definitely sub-only, with at least 4-5 typos that I remember picking out during the screening. There has been no word since then of Discotek or anyone else licensing the Italian Game special, but I just wanted to confirm that the previous TMS showing was not dubbed at Otakon 2017.

It is encouraging to hear that both movies were well received at AX this year. Hopefully Discotek will have an announcement at Otakon confirming their plans to release both movies on Blu-ray, if the info from that twitter post is accurate.

GATSU

• Part of the Gang
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2019, 10:39:10 am »
If you can’t wait, here’s the import set for Fujiko’s Lie. https://mobile.twitter.com/lupin3_series/status/1148823550637137920

GATSU

• Part of the Gang