Author Topic: Discotek gets Last Job  (Read 4592 times)

GATSU

• Part of the Gang
Discotek gets Last Job
« on: May 26, 2019, 10:36:40 am »
Details here. https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2019-05-26/discotek-licenses-kemono-friends-honey-and-clover-ayakashi-sorcerer-hunters-anime/.147127 Don’t worry, I’m sure they’ll drag DT back into more Lupin soon enough. Please give them a break on Part V, though, because these sets take a lot of work.

VampireNaomi

• Part of the Gang
Re: Discotek gets Last Job
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2019, 01:15:30 pm »
I like this special and am glad to be able to buy it. I thought we'd get something else next, though, such as Stolen Lupin or Dragon of Doom (which is the one I'd like the most since it's one of my favourites and the Funimation disc I have isn't in the best condition).

I wonder what's going on with Goemon's Bloodspray. It's the one that a lot of fans want the most, and yet nothing.

JAG2045

• Part of the Gang
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2019, 03:13:12 pm »
Glad to see another Lupin release from Discotek! Keep them coming!

Also nice that this one is a blu ray/DVD combo (although its odd that Blood Seal Of The Eternal Mermaid is not!)

GATSU

• Part of the Gang
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2019, 06:47:22 pm »
They say keep supporting the show for more specials. That can't be right though. Only nine left? Fujiko's Lie is included, right? Anyway, specs.

Lupin46

• Part of the Gang
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2019, 06:40:46 pm »
They say keep supporting the show for more specials. That can't be right though. Only nine left? Fujiko's Lie is included, right? Anyway, specs.

I think Fujiko's Lie would fall under the "Feature Films" category rather than TV Specials. It does look like their statement of only 9 specials left is correct, though that is counting the Funimation collections from the early 2000's that are long out of print. The specials that remain unlicensed in the U.S. are:

1. "Stolen Lupin ~ The Copy Cat is a Midsummer's Butterfly~" released in 2004
2. "An Angel's Tactics – Fragments of a Dream Are the Scent of Murder" released in 2005
3. "Seven Days Rhapsody" released in 2006
4. "Elusiveness of the Fog" released in 2007
5. "Sweet Lost Night ~Magic Lamp's Nightmare Premonition~" released in 2008
6. "Record of Observations of the East - Another Page" released in 2012
7. "Princess of the Breeze - Hidden City in the Sky" released in 2013
8. "Italian Game" released in 2016 - though this one did get limited showings at some cons back in 2017, I believe Anime Expo and Otakon both had showings sponsored by TMS
9. "Goodbye Partner" released in 2019

Hopefully the specials will continue to sell well enough that Discotek is able to license the ones that have never seen a U.S. release, and ideally get the licenses for some of the old Funimation specials that were released from poor quality masters. It amazes me the quality of work that Discotek is able to do, they truly want to put out the best possible release for their catalogue.

GATSU

• Part of the Gang
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2019, 10:37:25 am »
I see. Thanks.

GATSU

• Part of the Gang
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2019, 04:18:26 pm »
Previous link in the part II thread said what we all pretty much know, which is if you want more Lupin, support Last Job-and I guess Goemon's Bloodspray, too. So Fujiko's Lie will be a while.