Author Topic: Lupin III: Mine Fujiko's Lie film review(spoilers)  (Read 572 times)

blackjacket

• Part of the Gang
Lupin III: Mine Fujiko's Lie film review(spoilers)
« on: August 18, 2019, 10:11:49 am »
I finally watched this year's Lupin III film, Mine Fujiko's Lie yesterday(with subtitles in another language), and I liked it.
This is obviously a Fujiko-centric special, and I liked seeing Fujiko's story in it. BTW, no Goemon and Zenigata in this story.
Some may find the kid annoying, but he is not the typical kid shown in previous specials.
Oh, and Fujiko gets to show off more action with a lot of fan service for the first time in awhile.

Anyways, although it's not really part of this film's main plot,
I really liked the twist that the previous 2 films(Jigen's Tombstone, Goemon's Blood Spray) were actually somewhat connected to the current story.
Hawk, the nearly unstoppable villain from Goemon's Blood Spray made a surprise brief cameo, and so did Yael Okuzaki, the main villain from Jigen's Gravetone, who made a surprise return. So it turns out someone is behind all those crazy assassins who attacked Lupin's gang so far.
I am guessing that the next one will be Lupin-centric will the be final film in the series, with the gang most likely fighting against the mystery person who owns the "assassin factory". I am sure all 5 main characters will appear in the next one.
Maybe, it's Mamo, who made a small cameo in Jigen's Gravestone?

« Last Edit: August 18, 2019, 10:00:18 pm by blackjacket »

GATSU

• Part of the Gang
Re: Lupin III: Mine Fujiko's Lie film review(spoilers)
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2019, 10:19:36 am »
Sounds a little similar to Part V. Hope Koike got to show off more, though.

blackjacket

• Part of the Gang
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2019, 10:03:13 pm »
Sounds a little similar to Part V. Hope Koike got to show off more, though.

I didn't see similarities to part 5 in this film, but maybe you can tell what they are.
And I liked what Koike did in this film, although I don't know how much you're expecting from him for this film.

GATSU

• Part of the Gang
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2019, 10:14:13 am »
The assassins teaming up angle is similar. But maybe he did something interesting, so I’ll give him the benefit of the doubt on that one.

blackjacket

• Part of the Gang
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2019, 06:42:40 am »
The assassins teaming up angle is similar. But maybe he did something interesting, so I’ll give him the benefit of the doubt on that one.

Actually, the assassins did not even meet with each other. It's just that, during a side quest, Lupin and Jigen discovered the assassins from all 3 films so far are from the same so-called "assassin factory", which was not the focus of Fujiko's story, but which will likely be the main focus of the next film. Lupin gang have yet to discover who runs this assassin factory. And I thought maybe Mamo was behind this.

« Last Edit: August 22, 2019, 06:44:51 am by blackjacket »

GATSU

• Part of the Gang
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2019, 10:18:50 am »
I see. Thanks.

MGFanJay

• Part of the Gang
  • Oh yeah...
    • Hardocre Gamer Magzine - free download
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2019, 11:43:23 pm »
The English version is out on Amazon and this is the first time I've ever actually bought anything on Prime, but with the Blu-Rays usually not having a lot of extras that I care about, it's probably a better value for right now anyway. The dub is outstanding - it's a different cast than normal, but unlike any other dub switch, it took no time at all to get used to the new actors. The video quality, as expected, is outstanding.