Author Topic: Lupin References/homages  (Read 131102 times)

mc_carter

• [Member]
Re: Lupin References/homages
« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2009, 09:51:28 PM »
I think during the scene in Otaku no Video where the Gun Otaku is explaining the different ranges of weaponry, it shows the cast dressed as Lupin and company for a split second. I don't have a screen of it, but I remember it.

Its on my netflix queue If i notice it ill screen cap it.

DrFurball

• Just Stupidly Unfunny Enough
  • Part of the Gang
  • The hero of today, yeah!
« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2009, 01:59:43 PM »
As I've mentioned in other topics, Tomo in Azumanga Daioh is apparently a big Lupin fan, judging by her Fujiko-like yell of "Lupin!" in a dream sequence, as well as her stated desire to grow her hair out for a Fujiko-like look, and expressing an interest in joining the ICPO after graduating.

Also, Teen Titans homages the famous hillside car chase of Cagliostro in the episode "Car Trouble".
Ceci n'est pas une signature.
Weird in a Can! (Updates weekdays)

bunnialchemistmeep

• [Member]
« Reply #17 on: February 11, 2009, 01:29:51 PM »
I can't believe I'm the first one to say it...
samurai jack, anyone???
Did we not see that whole "Jack and the Labyrinth" episode?
That was so cool, and I don't mean to be a rabid fangirl, but I LOVE samurai Jack, and then one day I see a white-suited Jigen on screen, and I think I literally screamed. I did.

Inspector Zenigata

• Part of the Gang
  • Lupin Doujinshi Collector
« Reply #18 on: February 11, 2009, 02:26:32 PM »
samurai jack, anyone???
That was so cool, and I don't mean to be a rabid fangirl, but I LOVE samurai Jack, and then one day I see a white-suited Jigen on screen, and I think I literally screamed. I did.

and here is pic from a Lupin fan site i found
(click to show/hide)

Sad cactus

« Reply #19 on: February 11, 2009, 05:17:58 PM »
Psiren from Fullmetal Alchemist is a dead ringer for Fujiko. Broken record detective with long eyelashes seems to be a reference to Zenigata.

Final Fantasy IX: Steiner has long eyelashes, is dutiful to a fault, but exhibits desires of something more than that, is clownish, and has wicked stamina considering he's wearing all that armor. XD

rpguidry

• [Member]
« Reply #20 on: February 11, 2009, 06:46:16 PM »
I have a weird sighting of Jigen. 

About 4~5 years ago I would sometimes see an ad on one of my old forums saying "Shoot the terrorist and win a prize".  Th terrorist was Jigen and he was super imposed in front of some sort of jungle village.  I wish had taken a screen capture of that back in the day.

Probably not really considered an hoage or reference, but I still found it amusing.

bunnialchemistmeep

• [Member]
« Reply #21 on: February 11, 2009, 07:36:21 PM »
samurai jack, anyone???

(click to show/hide)

GASP

can you link me to the site?? I had that on my bookmarks but then my dumb mom deleted it because she knows less about computers than Goemon.

Inspector Zenigata

• Part of the Gang
  • Lupin Doujinshi Collector
« Reply #22 on: February 12, 2009, 01:51:59 AM »
samurai jack, anyone???

(click to show/hide)

GASP

can you link me to the site?? I had that on my bookmarks but then my dumb mom deleted it because she knows less about computers than Goemon.

here you go
http://gozukatze.sakura.ne.jp/lupin/index.htm

Jo

• Part of the Gang
  • natto mmm.
    • I am a vegan. Except on half price wing night.
« Reply #23 on: February 15, 2009, 03:21:06 AM »
I thought this was cute. Random Lupin reference in Bakuman, although he's probably referring to the original Lupin...

Lupin III Manga Database[Scanlations and such are here]

Sad cactus

« Reply #24 on: February 15, 2009, 03:47:30 AM »
 Is it a chronology thing or the lack of "sansei"? OO

Jo

• Part of the Gang
  • natto mmm.
    • I am a vegan. Except on half price wing night.
« Reply #25 on: February 16, 2009, 03:01:20 AM »
Is it a chronology thing or the lack of "sansei"? OO
Ah well it's the lack of the sansei and the doodle of the guy hardly looks a thing like Lupin III, nor does the detective the guy doodled look a thing like Zenigata haha.

And I'm just spotting these random Lupin references left and right. Episode five of Love Shuffle (Yes the same show in my signature) has three of the main characters trying to cheer up the other main character and they start going on about how bread (pan) is good for breakfast and they somehow end up firing off words that have 'pan' in them trying to make him laugh. Peter Pan, Rupan and it goes on. xD

Lupin III Manga Database[Scanlations and such are here]

Sad cactus

« Reply #26 on: February 16, 2009, 03:07:25 AM »
Ah well it's the lack of the sansei and the doodle of the guy hardly looks a thing like Lupin III, nor does the detective the guy doodled look a thing like Zenigata haha.

I guess that would do it. ^^;

And I'm just spotting these random Lupin references left and right. Episode five of Love Shuffle (Yes the same show in my signature) has three of the main characters trying to cheer up the other main character and they start going on about how bread (pan) is good for breakfast and they somehow end up firing off words that have 'pan' in them trying to make him laugh. Peter Pan, Rupan and it goes on. xD

That's pretty funny. ^__^ XD Lupin is a necessary part of a balanced diet. XD

Alc

• [Member]
  • Oh yeah, have another cigarrette Mr. Fitness!
« Reply #27 on: February 20, 2009, 08:47:54 PM »
I've never watched it since I don't get any of the Nickelodian channels but Kappa Mikey parodies most anime (they have references to Case Closed/Detective Conan almost every episode) so Lupin III references could be found in there.

Most of the references are background characters or things people say but if anyone's a fan of KM you might want to pay closer attention to see if you can spot one of the gang.  ^-^

Sad cactus

« Reply #28 on: February 26, 2009, 06:36:36 PM »
Not sure if this is a stretch, but in Chrono Trigger for the SNES, PS, and now DS, apparently-- Lucca frees Crono by blasting everything away with her new gun, the Zonker-38. If there was a P in there, then it would be a sure thing. XD But..any thoughts?

midoco123

• [Member]
  • YA-HA!!!!
« Reply #29 on: February 28, 2009, 06:04:31 PM »
I have one that mey be a bit more of a stretch. A characher in Eyeshield 21 named Shien or "The Kid" who always reminded me of Jigen.  He does not have the hair of beard, but he has a bit of the same face shape and body type (he also dresses like a cowboy instead of a mafia boss). The main thing is his shooting ability and passing ability. He has a .1 second pass giving him the name "quick-draw kid, he is also an insanely good marksman. Best I could find in terms of a picture: http://read.mangashare.com/Eyeshield-21/chapter-034/page023.html
« Last Edit: February 28, 2009, 06:20:02 PM by midoco123 »
When life gives you lemons, you have a few options:
1. Have you're engineers create a combustible lemon.
2. Clone them and make super Lemons.
3. Just squeeze the dang lemons for their juice.