Author Topic: Lupin References/homages  (Read 160429 times)

lilluther

• [Member]
  • Hunger makes a thief of any man
Re: Lupin References/homages
« Reply #180 on: July 30, 2011, 10:21:43 am »
There was a lupin reference in yakitate Japan
whne they were making bread they called it the lupin bread lol

There has also been a ton of refrences in reccent samurai anime alot fo characters have repeated Goemon's famous phrase

SSJ3_Goku345

• Part of the Gang
« Reply #181 on: July 30, 2011, 10:58:52 am »
There was a lupin reference in yakitate Japan
whne they were making bread they called it the lupin bread lol
The lupin bread is a kind of bread, nothing to do with our Lupin  ;)

veggie 11

• Part of the Gang
    • My blogs
« Reply #182 on: July 30, 2011, 01:46:24 pm »
In ''Panda Kopanda'', this is a cameo with Lupin and Jigen who is deguised as Tv journalist at the end of the second (I think) movie.

In ''Sasuga no Sarutobi'', known in french as ''L'Académie des Ninjas'' (The Ninja Academy), two pictures in the town show Lupin, Jigen and the Fiat 500.

In the first volume of ''Soul Eater'' in french, Death the Kid is trying to catch the thief ''Edmond de la Cambriole'' (Kaitô Lupin in japanese). It's a reference to ''Edgar de la Cambriole'', the french name of Lupin since 1985.

I have others, but I will post them later.

« Last Edit: July 30, 2011, 01:47:32 pm by veggie 11 »
But why Miyazaki was so obsessed to draw this horrible fringle to Jigen in EVERY Lupin anime he did?
-----------------------------------------
I decided to strike for the recognition of Jigen, Goemon and Fujiko's sacrifice in The Castle of Cagliostro

lilluther

• [Member]
« Reply #183 on: July 30, 2011, 05:26:53 pm »
Now that looks cool I'll have to check that out :) I heard there was a lupin reference in one of the shin chan eps but I have no idea which one

Lunatic!

• [Member]
  • Screwy Ain't It?!
« Reply #184 on: July 30, 2011, 06:11:47 pm »
Now that looks cool I'll have to check that out :) I heard there was a lupin reference in one of the shin chan eps but I have no idea which one
Pupin (Poopin) The Turd.
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xijl94_shin-chan-stop-referencing-the-show_shortfilms
« Last Edit: July 30, 2011, 06:16:51 pm by Lunatic! »

lilluther

• [Member]
« Reply #185 on: July 30, 2011, 07:00:18 pm »
haha thanks
another one would probably be the thief in this shoujo anime called St tail
There is also One Piece Sanji and Nami are definatly based on Lupin and Fujiko
« Last Edit: July 31, 2011, 02:33:23 am by lilluther »

Inspector Zenigata

• Part of the Gang
  • Lupin Doujinshi Collector
« Reply #186 on: August 01, 2011, 02:44:20 am »
Another Green Jacket Lupin reference in the video game "Catherine" it's only in the beginning when you start a new game, when they introduce Golden Playhouse. I'm currently trying to beat the game once i do i'll capture a screenshot of it

lilluther

• [Member]
« Reply #187 on: August 01, 2011, 06:27:55 am »
Another Green Jacket Lupin reference in the video game "Catherine" it's only in the beginning when you start a new game, when they introduce Golden Playhouse. I'm currently trying to beat the game once i do i'll capture a screenshot of it

Really I have that game and completed so I'll have to check that out

veggie 11

• Part of the Gang
    • My blogs
« Reply #188 on: August 07, 2011, 08:10:55 am »
In City Hunter, there is a bad guy in the 18th episode (anime) who looks like Jigen

And in Genshinken, a reference (as well in French) to the mythic quote of ''The Castle of Cagliostro'' : ''He stole something quite precious : your heart''.

In Dr Slump, a Goemon cameo in the volume 7 !

(Thanks to a friend from Lupin french forum for the last two references)
But why Miyazaki was so obsessed to draw this horrible fringle to Jigen in EVERY Lupin anime he did?
I decided to strike for the recognition of Jigen, Goemon and Fujiko's sacrifice in The Castle of Cagliostro

Dots Salchow

• Actually Dots Salchow
  • Part of the Gang
  • That's Dots to you!
    • Tumblr blog
« Reply #189 on: August 29, 2011, 05:51:57 am »
Just noticed in Seto no Hanayome that there's a girl called Mawari Zenigata who shares some of the personality traits (and last name) of Inspector Zenigata. In the manga and anime, Mawari is the daughter of the chief of police and has a crush on Nagasumi (the main character). She's also the leader of the Public Morals Committee, the police group of the high school she goes to.

« Last Edit: August 29, 2011, 05:56:34 am by geckogirl191 »
Often caught but never held for long, Lupin III brought the gentleman-thief into this century with his hi-tech antics and old-world charm.
~Helen McCarthy, 500 Manga Heroes & Villains

FilmmakerJ

« Reply #190 on: August 29, 2011, 03:38:52 pm »
In City Hunter, there is a bad guy in the 18th episode (anime) who looks like Jigen

And in Genshinken, a reference (as well in French) to the mythic quote of ''The Castle of Cagliostro'' : ''He stole something quite precious : your heart''.

In Dr Slump, a Goemon cameo in the volume 7 !

(Thanks to a friend from Lupin french forum for the last two references)

Are you referring to the Genshiken manga? Cause in the anime, they had a whole 7 minutes devoted to talking about Lupin the 3rd. Including the dumped original third movie that someone was planning, until Gold of Babylon was made instead. And they talk about Cagliostro because the two of the group are building Cagliostro castle in the sand.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_gkiIm9nKfU&feature=related  (SKIP OVER TO time index 3:05 ) It's amazing.

Someday I gotta make that castle in the sand.

veggie 11

• Part of the Gang
    • My blogs
« Reply #191 on: August 29, 2011, 03:50:54 pm »

Are you referring to the Genshiken manga?

Yes, it's in the manga, volume 9. I haven't the volume, but a friend of mine checked a picture from the volume and the quote was exactly the same as in ''Cagliostro''. Sorry, but the quote is in French...

Inspector Zenigata

• Part of the Gang
  • Lupin Doujinshi Collector
« Reply #192 on: September 01, 2011, 02:16:52 am »
from the game Catherine

GATSU

• Part of the Gang
« Reply #193 on: September 14, 2011, 05:31:01 am »
I definitely know Kunihiko Ikuhara probably marathoned a ton of 70s TMS shows, 'cus he was at least a Dezaki fan. So when I see Tokiko from Utena with long hair, long hair, and a hat, I notice she resembles Fujiko a bit.

Update: I've never read Sailor Moon 'til now, but apparently, the first volume of the manga name-drops "the famous thief Lupin".
« Last Edit: September 14, 2011, 05:31:22 am by GATSU »

Timefox7

• [Member]
  • Is as sly as a fox
« Reply #194 on: October 06, 2011, 09:43:27 pm »
When viewing the opening cinematic in 'Catherine', there's a montage of famous characters/movies/games/etc.. and one of them is Lupin who's wearing a green jacket, a yellow tie, and firing a gun while the first few notes of the main Lupin theme play. ^-^
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0rIk1zQUWyM
My DeviantART account: http://timefox7.deviantart.com/
My Tumblr account:
http://timefox7.tumblr.com