Author Topic: Google Insight and Lupin  (Read 1901 times)

Jo

• Part of the Gang
  • natto mmm.
    • I am a vegan. Except on half price wing night.
Google Insight and Lupin
« on: August 17, 2008, 04:18:22 am »
Per usual, I have stumbled upon some rather useless Lupin information while poking around the internet. Actually it's not THAT useless if you plan to do a sort of Lupin popularity chart or what not, but anyways it's relatively informative. Basically Google Insight uses it's magical monkeys to scour it's vast resources to compile a chart showing how frequently your chosen topic has been Googled on a relatively stupid scale, which honestly doesn't help when trying to compare said Google search against other Google searches. Aside from the fact that we can't even get an approximate number, I think it's positively amazing that we can see which regions are most interested. Fun stuff my friends!

The scaling process needs a bit of explaining though. I'm going to use percentages and popularity as it makes the scaling process much easier to understand. Every search has a popularity of 100%, and the points on the scale represent how much of that capacity it has reached. For example - if the highest number of searches for Lupin is 10 000 and the lowest is 1, then those two points become the 100% and >0% popularity points respectively. So if a point on the scale is at '50' that means: That there were 5 000 searches (but since we don't actually have numbers) or That the search has only garnered half as many searches it's peak had.

And a horrid screencap for those who can't be arsed to do the search themselves.
Note: It only goes as far back as 2004.

Apparently I don't search Lupin enough to even barely highlight British Columbia on the map haha. Italy's doing a darn good job though. So, I really do think this could make for an interesting discussion.......................... Anyone?

Lupin as a 13 year old girl?!?!

Lupin III Manga Database[Scanlations and such are here]

Zoo Station

• [Member]
    • The Fedora Chronicles
Re: Google Insight and Lupin
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2008, 02:00:58 pm »
Math isn't my strong-suit, so I'll take your word for it. ;)

Obviously Lupin's popularity has gone done over the years but I think there are still plenty of people out there who know of it or have a faint interest in the series. Other sources like YouTube have brought in some new fans, even with parodies (The Abridged Series, despite being a fan parody, is not only extremely funny but I've also seen many comments by viewers saying that it got them interested in watching the anime after seeing it). It's signs like these that make me think Lupin could make a serious comeback if only the general public were more aware of the series. I do think it tends to do better overseas than in America, which is a shame because Lupin stuff is nearly impossible to find here in the U.S..

Nice find there JoYi! ;D
« Last Edit: August 17, 2008, 02:02:48 pm by Zoo Station »