Author Topic: Lupin III Shick Razor Commercial  (Read 4897 times)

angelidollinda

• Part of the Gang
  • I believe in the power of the thief!
Lupin III Shick Razor Commercial
« on: October 23, 2008, 12:30:36 am »
Now here's an interesting find: http://www.veoh.com/videos/v6992383wgy3E38g

A Lupin III commercial for Shick razors for men! It's short but still pretty cool.
Les temps sont durs pour les r

Ishikawa Goemon

• Part of the Gang
  • Derpin' along.
Re: Lupin III Shick Razor Commercial
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2008, 12:37:45 am »
Hilarious find!

If only Jigen and Goemon were in alternate commercials for the same product. I don't think Jiji would agree with getting rid of the bristly brush on his face, though.
Lupin will look up and shout, "Save us, plot-device!", and I'll look down and whisper, "No".

mizducky

• [Member]
  • "Go on punk, make my day."
    • Personal website
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2008, 02:47:50 am »
Oh. My. God. That is freakin' hysterical.

(Still laboring to get my brain wrapped around the concept of Lupin being such an icon in Japan that he's used for marketing products the way US cartoon characters are used here in the States.)
Lupin fanfic work-in-progress: "Fun and Thieving in Las Vegas"
http://www.mizducky.com/churchofwhoopie/2008/08/fun-and-thievin.html

Gozar

• Part of the Gang
    • Otaku in a Bottle
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2008, 03:20:39 am »
That is simply put, EPIC. My god I'm with mizducky on this one. It's amazing how HUGE Lupin is in Japan to bring it to that point.

hentaifreak

• [Member]
  • One of my secret underground hideouts.
    • Master Thief Club
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2008, 05:37:45 am »
I think that Lupin is sort of Schick's official mascot or somethin' I seem to remember a few other commercials I saw on youtube a few years ago, one of which showed some special Lupin collectible would come with razors... or was it with the shaving cream?  for the life of me what it was exactly... All I can remember is that I wanted it!

As for  the alternate commercials, Jigen wouldn't need to shave for obvious reasons, and wouldn't Goemon  just use the Zantetsuken or would that just be cutting another worthless object?

Now, if they had a Fujiko commercial for Schick's effeminate razors.... well, that's a different story!  :o

Hey, I had to go there, my username demands it! ;D
Groovy!

Ishikawa Goemon

• Part of the Gang
  • Derpin' along.
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2008, 07:10:16 am »
As for the alternate commercials, Jigen wouldn't need to shave for obvious reasons

I know, I know... :P Just a silly thought. He has gotten a shave in 'To Whom does Orion's Crown belong', if I remember correctly, though that was more the upper part of his face.
and wouldn't Goemon  just use the Zantetsuken or would that just be cutting another worthless object?

Lol. I'd think the Zantetsuken might be a bit too unwieldy for something like his face. Moreover, I know I'd be ashamed to use a prized heirloom like that when it's deserving of much more. XD I'm sure he can appreciate the fact that the Shick razor does the job smoothly and efficiently, handling what little face-fuzz he has in a few effortless strokes. *not a shameless plug* Sounds a lot like swordplay right there. XD

Sure, Goemon's soft-spoken approval probably doesn't have much advertising punch, but if he's written to see value in the product, all the better for Shick. :)

Hey, I had to go there, my username demands it!

I'm sure she'd sell. :P

EDIT: Adding something.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2008, 10:57:26 pm by Ishikawa Goemon »
Lupin will look up and shout, "Save us, plot-device!", and I'll look down and whisper, "No".

Zoo Station

• [Member]
    • The Fedora Chronicles
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2008, 10:42:21 pm »
Haha, that's great! Awesome find. ;D

angelidollinda

• Part of the Gang
  • I believe in the power of the thief!
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2008, 12:18:47 pm »
I think that Lupin is sort of Schick's official mascot or somethin' I seem to remember a few other commercials I saw on youtube a few years ago, one of which showed some special Lupin collectible would come with razors... or was it with the shaving cream?  for the life of me what it was exactly... All I can remember is that I wanted it!

Hey I've actually seen those on Yahoo Auctions Japan! Razors that come with a Lupin figure. They also had cell phone straps of the characters.
Les temps sont durs pour les r

Jo

• Part of the Gang
  • natto mmm.
    • I am a vegan. Except on half price wing night.
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2008, 05:02:45 pm »
lol I remember seeing these before xD They're pretty dorky.

I'm sure he can appreciate the fact that the Shick razor does the job smoothly and efficiently, handling what little face-fuzz he has in a few effortless strokes. *not a shameless plug*
There is no such thing as too many shameless plugs when it comes to Schick razors. =D I shave less and my legs stay smoother longer.

Lupin III Manga Database[Scanlations and such are here]

Fujiko Lover

• Part of the Gang
    • Not A Hoax! Not A Dream! (my blog)
« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2008, 09:15:20 pm »
Wow, he's wearing his pink tie!  Usually in modern day stuff, even when they use the second series designs, the pink tie becomes yellow for some reason...

Hey, I had to go there, my username demands it! ;D

And my username approves!!   :D