Author Topic: Lupin the Cosplay!  (Read 98992 times)

PsychoShinji

• [Member]
Re: Lupin the Cosplay!
« Reply #120 on: July 16, 2010, 12:14:53 am »
 ;D Awesome pics, guys! Well, with Otakon 2010 just around the corner I'd like to see who's going to be there in their Lupin III cosplay! And I hope to see you this year, SadCactus! I've been checking periodically to see if there will be any Lupin III based programming this year (ah, I nearly exploded with joy when they played "Fuma Conspiracy" in 2008). I doubt we'll know for sure until very close to the con, as they usually never reveal finalized programming until a few days before. My Lupin will be wearing red jacket periodically, and I will be wearing Fujiko (with a new wig this time), Goemon, and Jigen (new hat and wig). I hope to see some fellow Lupin III fans there!

PS- For the rest of the time, I'll be wearing Toon Link (Zelda: Windwaker Game), Ash Ketchum/Satoshi (likely for the Pre-reg line on Thursday), Astro Boy, and Shinji Ikari (Evangelion). If you see me please say hi! I'd love to talk Lupin with you guys!

Sad cactus

« Reply #121 on: July 16, 2010, 09:11:12 am »
Have a blast! ^__^ And go Lupinize Otakon! Can't wait to see pictures! ^^

Unfortunately, I'm kind of tied down at home with other things. I don't think I'll be able to go an upcoming convention in my area, either. It saddens me, but there's always a trade-off. ^^;

But have a great time! ^_^

PsychoShinji

• [Member]
« Reply #122 on: July 16, 2010, 11:21:05 pm »
Aw, I'm sorry to hear that, Cactus.:-[ I really wish we could've seen each other last year. I gotta say, when my Lupin and I saw you in the pre-reg line back in 2008 it was a really great moment especially because that was my first time cosplaying as Jigen and I was a bit nervous- Imagine how happy we both were to run into you in your Zenigata costume! Well, I hope that all is well and that we can run into each other at a con again next year! I'll make sure to take as many Lupin-related pics as I can and post 'em here for you.  :) Take care and thanks for the well-wishes!

Sad cactus

« Reply #123 on: July 17, 2010, 08:26:42 am »
Yeah. : ( Oh, wow, that was your first time cosplaying as Jigen? You seemed very much a natural. ^^

I'm glad that running into me cosplaying Zenigata brightened your day. ^^ Yay, looking forward to the pictures! ^^ Have another great Otakon! ^^

PsychoShinji

• [Member]
« Reply #124 on: August 06, 2010, 12:40:49 am »
 8) Wheww... I'm STILL recovering from Otakon. There weren't too many other Lupin III cosplayers there this year, which I was a bit disappointed to see. A couple of Nabeshins (the "Afro" Lupin character from Excel Saga), maybe two or three Lupins, a friend of ours who is an excellent Green Jacket Lupin cosplayer (he's actually the Lupin in the group shot I posted from Katsucon 2009) showed up while wearing one of his other costumes and we chatted for a bit... There was one Zenigata cosplayer that I saw, and he appeared to be busy at the moment so I didn't ask him for a photo.

My Lupin and I dressed as Lupin and Fujiko briefly on Friday evening and then we were Lupin and Jigen all day on Sunday for the screening of the American DVD release of "Lupin III: First Contact." That was GREAT. I own it on DVD and caught it back when it was fansub-only, but there really is nothing like seeing a favorite anime on the big screen with other fans. I especially loved how people were cheering for each character as they were introduced. Some catcalls for Fujiko's scenes, lots of laughs for Lupin, a few "Oh YEAH"s for Zenigata's handling of street thugs, some quiet cheers for Jigen (and an explosion of laughter during the moment where he laughs while behind bars in the mob boss' hideout), and some good-natured laughing and giggling for Goemon's moments. Overall, we really felt the LOVE in that little screening room. :) It was quite packed, too, for a Sunday midday screening. My Lupin and I hung around my house for days before and after the con, so we got a few good shots of our costumes in nicer settings than a con might allow. I'll post a few of those pics here soon! Let me know if anyone has any more Otakon-Lupin-cosplay-related questions and I'll do my best to answer 'em. I hope to see forum members at next year's con or any of 'em in between, especially Sadcactus!  ;D

Gozar

• Part of the Gang
    • Otaku in a Bottle
« Reply #125 on: August 23, 2010, 04:18:56 am »
Hey guys. Take a look at me and my girlfriend's Lupin and Fujiko cosplay. Most were taken in a field at AnimeNEXT 2010.

CLICK HERE

What do you think?

girlxdynamite

• Part of the Gang
« Reply #126 on: August 24, 2010, 05:34:58 pm »
Hey guys. Take a look at me and my girlfriend's Lupin and Fujiko cosplay. Most were taken in a field at AnimeNEXT 2010.

CLICK HERE

What do you think?

Bravo Gozar & Gozar's girlfriend  ;D
Super cute! Is your girlfriend wearing a wig, or that's her real hair?

Gozar

• Part of the Gang
    • Otaku in a Bottle
« Reply #127 on: August 25, 2010, 03:10:39 am »
Yeah, it's a wig. THIS is her real hair.

girlxdynamite

• Part of the Gang
« Reply #128 on: August 25, 2010, 12:44:19 pm »
Nice couple  :) Oh and from browsing deviantart I see you 2 met Tony Oliver... how cool! Sorry if that's old news, I'm a new member after all. What did he say about your cosplay?

Gozar

• Part of the Gang
    • Otaku in a Bottle
« Reply #129 on: August 27, 2010, 06:23:58 pm »
He seemed to like it and like seeing some Lupin fans.

LadyLupin

• Part of the Gang
  • Lady Lupin Sansei
« Reply #130 on: November 01, 2010, 01:36:58 pm »
I'm planning my cosplay for Ohayocon. I've done Lupin and Fujiko, but this time I'm planning to go as a Lupin character I've always wanted to do. I'm not disclosing who it is just yet. I want to make sure I can get the supplies I need first.  ;)

LadyLupin

• Part of the Gang
  • Lady Lupin Sansei
« Reply #131 on: November 13, 2010, 08:47:38 am »
Got my costume nearly complete. I just have one more item to get and fix up my prop.

BTW is anyone planning to attend Ohayocon at the end of January? I'd love to participate in a Lupin photoshoot. =D
« Last Edit: November 14, 2010, 11:35:49 pm by LadyLupin »

LadyLupin

• Part of the Gang
  • Lady Lupin Sansei
« Reply #132 on: January 19, 2011, 02:15:20 pm »
Next weekend  is Ohayocon. I will be participating in the cosplay masquerade. I've done Lupin and Fujiko in years past, but this year I am cosplaying as a Goemon. I'm also rooting for my friend, Carol. She is cosplaying as Diana (human form) from Sailor Moon, as a sailor scout. The costume was designed by my bff, Jackie, whom will be cosplaying as a Little Sister from Bioshock. I plan on getting pics.

LadyLupin

• Part of the Gang
  • Lady Lupin Sansei
Ohayocon 2011 - Goemon ishikawa XIII
« Reply #133 on: January 31, 2011, 01:03:40 pm »

Here's a photo someone took of me at Ohayocon this past weekend. I apologize about the fuzziness. It was taken shortly after the masquerade. One of the judges told me I almost won the novice division, but I lost by a fraction of a point.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2011, 01:04:17 pm by LadyLupin »

KoichiZenigata

• Part of the Gang
  • Stealing Japan for a Year
    • Lupin has a podcast
« Reply #134 on: January 31, 2011, 01:07:58 pm »
Seriously.. who could have beat your awesome costume?