Author Topic: Lupin the Cosplay!  (Read 98664 times)

mizducky

• [Member]
  • "Go on punk, make my day."
    • Personal website
Re: Lupin The Cosplay!
« Reply #90 on: July 29, 2009, 01:33:23 pm »
After the extended longevity of this thread, I hearby dub it THE cosplay thread. Big thanks to Miz for starting it way back, it's really balooned outward since.

Carry on, programs.
Heh. You're welcome. Though now I feel like a wimp for totally abandoning the idea of cosplaying at the one con I've attended so far this year, all the more so with all these fabulous cosplay pics people have been posting recently (though given my generally lousy experience at Comic-con, as well as the heat wave, I'm convinced it was the right decision).
« Last Edit: July 29, 2009, 01:34:25 pm by mizducky »
Lupin fanfic work-in-progress: "Fun and Thieving in Las Vegas"
http://www.mizducky.com/churchofwhoopie/2008/08/fun-and-thievin.html

Sad cactus

Re: Lupin the Cosplay!
« Reply #91 on: July 29, 2009, 01:37:06 pm »
Aw...don't give up! Keep the fire burning! ^__^ That's all any of us can do, right? : )

DrFurball

• Just Stupidly Unfunny Enough
  • Part of the Gang
  • The hero of today, yeah!
« Reply #92 on: August 02, 2009, 01:33:39 pm »
Back in 2004, I went as Zenigata for Halloween, partially because it gave me an opportunity to wear my fedora inside the school building. 
However, there was a small problem:  I had no trenchcoat.  My aunt did, but...it was green:

(click to show/hide)
Ceci n'est pas une signature.
Weird in a Can! (Updates weekdays)

Sad cactus

« Reply #93 on: August 02, 2009, 01:56:57 pm »
He wears a green coat in series 3, so it's like a combination! Anyway, great cosplay! I like the pants and your fedora. ^^

Prop that I made for an upcoming convention. This is my rendition of the pink puppet that was mentioned in "The Target is 555 Meters Away".

(click to show/hide)
 I'm going to cosplay Jigen again and bring the doll with me. It's not supposed to look like Kirby..X_X Those are her arms.. Sorry for the shoddy sewing job. ^^;
« Last Edit: August 06, 2009, 07:28:04 pm by Sad cactus »

angelidollinda

• Part of the Gang
  • I believe in the power of the thief!
« Reply #94 on: August 06, 2009, 07:55:49 pm »
I know I mentioned I went as Clarisse in her wedding dress last year, but I put up more pictures of myself in that costume here on my Cosplay.com account: http://www.cosplay.com/costume/221384/

Man, that dress looks baggy on me... :-[
Les temps sont durs pour les r

Sad cactus

« Reply #95 on: August 06, 2009, 07:58:31 pm »
Wow, that's crazy good! That's amazing that you made the dress from scratch! ^^

PsychoShinji

• [Member]
« Reply #96 on: August 09, 2009, 07:45:24 pm »
Yeah! I think it looks great! And you did a really good job sewing that thing from scratch; it looks very professional~ :3

Aww, and Sad Cactus, I love the puppet you made! That episode amused me so much, especially Jigen and Goemon getting sore from the job at the very end, lol. X3

Sad cactus

« Reply #97 on: August 09, 2009, 09:46:47 pm »
Aww, and Sad Cactus, I love the puppet you made! That episode amused me so much, especially Jigen and Goemon getting sore from the job at the very end, lol. X3

Thanks, PsychoShinji! ^^ I know, that was hilarious when they just walked off, claiming that they had been working too hard. ^^

Wanted to cosplay Zenigata, but I made one of the sleeves of the jacket too narrow, so I screwed up the entire jacket. So it ended up being a modified version of amnesiac! Zenigata in Sweet Lost Night.

« Last Edit: August 14, 2009, 08:28:03 pm by Sad cactus »

Sad cactus

« Reply #98 on: August 19, 2009, 01:54:26 pm »
Bump? Is it alright? OO

I finally got ahold of spirit gum and theatrical make-up and so this is what I have so far. ^^ Hairy hands didn't work out at all but hopefully the next time won't be a train wreck. ^^;

« Last Edit: August 19, 2009, 01:55:57 pm by Sad cactus »

Ishikawa Goemon

• Part of the Gang
  • Derpin' along.
« Reply #99 on: August 30, 2009, 10:30:00 pm »
Just received a small batch of pictures from the convention I attended, and made a quick collage of them. I eagerly await more, since I'm nothing close to photogenic. :/

Spoiler-tagged for size:
(click to show/hide)

My best friend is the Jigen in the lighter-coloured shirt. She was such a pleasure to be with, though I very much enjoyed my other Jigen-buddy's company. About that blue thing in my keikogi - an anime character passing by handed that tissue-paper flower to me and my friend stuck it there; I unfortunately forgot to remove it when the photographs were taken.
Lupin will look up and shout, "Save us, plot-device!", and I'll look down and whisper, "No".

Southern_Belle

• [Member]
« Reply #100 on: August 30, 2009, 10:54:54 pm »
It looks like you and your friends had a great time!  I like the little beard war and the photo with you dancing with Jigen, so funny!

Ishikawa Goemon

• Part of the Gang
  • Derpin' along.
« Reply #101 on: August 30, 2009, 11:11:47 pm »
There was enough that made the convention itself unpleasant and unexciting, but interacting with people is where the fun happened.

Though I already mentioned this to you, the rest of you should get a pained laugh out of this: My best buddy, as Jigen, was mistaken for an Amish fellow, as Abe Lincoln (three times, I'd say), and at the very worst and most surprising, George Washington. I sure HOPE that fellow meant Lincoln, and that is saying a lot.
Lupin will look up and shout, "Save us, plot-device!", and I'll look down and whisper, "No".

Sad cactus

« Reply #102 on: August 30, 2009, 11:17:21 pm »
Go-Go: Awesome pictures!!! You, elegant, dignified, perfectly stoic amidst the antics of Jigen and Jigen-- and then you've got your light-hearted Jigen buddies strolling along, having a swell time---I love all three of your cosplays, and I love the beards--double the beard, double the fun!  I like how the Jigen in the lighter-colored shirt has her shirt hanging out and your other Jigen friend has her shirt tucked in. ^^ Shows differences in characterizations.^^  Thanks for sharing! ^^

blackcoated

• [Member]
  • the world is mine
« Reply #103 on: August 31, 2009, 03:56:19 am »
There was enough that made the convention itself unpleasant and unexciting, but interacting with people is where the fun happened.

Though I already mentioned this to you, the rest of you should get a pained laugh out of this: My best buddy, as Jigen, was mistaken for an Amish fellow, as Abe Lincoln (three times, I'd say), and at the very worst and most surprising, George Washington. I sure HOPE that fellow meant Lincoln, and that is saying a lot.

As far as i know,conventions end up being about first meeting people,and  second buying stuff,just a thought

http://www.myspace.com/weberwound
my 1st uploaded and made by me video on youtube maybe ill do areview
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dVIu3Jssf7A&feature=channel_page

Hokori

• [Member]
  • Itchy fingers makes for great ideas.
    • My Deviantart
« Reply #104 on: January 11, 2010, 12:26:21 am »
Just got back from a con with mah Jigen, Fujiko, and Zeni. ^_^

Me and Jigen's cosplayer have been Lupin fans for a while, but Brandon and Jessica had no idea what the show was! They did an amazing job, though--watched a few episodes and a movie and managed to get the characters down! Zeni even had a bent-knee walk. XD

If you wanna know what we did, here's a summary from a pm:

It was pretty great. For a while, me and Jigen walked around asking about how to get to New York from the ALA hotel--Jigen had gotten shitfaced drunk earlier and made Goemon mad, so he cut the Fiat up and Jigen's magnum dropped into a lake... XD

And of course, we had a diamond and a bag full of fake money, and if people helped us, we gave them a gold coin.

THEN once we got our Fujiko and Zenigata, we went around making human walls and hid from Zeni until he left. Everybody always pointed him in the wrong direction. Granted, we planned some fun things, like a few times where we were waiting for the elevator and it opened up with Zenigata inside. Then of course we had times where Zeni cuffed me but asks for directions and I slip the cuffs off and leave. People got a kick outta' that! ^_^

Though, I did a solo sweep of the place and had some pretty ladies uncuff me (I had my hands cuffed behind my back). It was a really fun time, and one girl was even really hesitant to reach into my pocket, like a punching fist would fly out or something.

The best thing was that they were about to play 2 eps of Lupin in the little theater... Jigen, Fujiko, and I walk in and ask what they're playing, and then after a while Zeni bursts in and we try to hide ourselves with newspapers. But just as he almost arrests us, the movie started and we all enjoyed it.