Author Topic: Lupin the Cosplay!  (Read 95940 times)

Ishikawa Goemon

• Part of the Gang
  • Derpin' along.
Re: Lupin-themed cosplay
« Reply #45 on: April 07, 2009, 12:03:50 pm »
I have no recent images... this would be a small webcam picture from New Year's Eve. I'm hoping to do a silly Lupin-short in the summer with a couple of other people, though, so maybe something will become of that.

One time I walked into a store and looked at the jackets: black, black, black, black black, black, black, black, BROWN!!! ---black black, black, gray, black, etc.
I did see purple... 8< ... But yes, in general, this would be true. Have been trying to look for a Lupin-esque jacket at thrift stores, but haven't had any luck yet.
Lupin will look up and shout, "Save us, plot-device!", and I'll look down and whisper, "No".

angelidollinda

• Part of the Gang
  • I believe in the power of the thief!
« Reply #46 on: April 07, 2009, 12:12:29 pm »
Are there any specialty stores where you guys live that sells vintage fashion or thrift stores? You might be able to find some retro 70's jackets in some crazy colors.
Les temps sont durs pour les r

Alc

• [Member]
  • Oh yeah, have another cigarrette Mr. Fitness!
« Reply #47 on: April 09, 2009, 12:36:13 am »
I don't know if this is technically cosplay or not, but my boyfriend was wanting me to dress up as a gender bended Jigen for a party and he'd dress as Lupin.

Seeing as I don't have a suit at the moment, these pictures were just taken impromptu with two of my fedoras, a blue short sleeve dress shirt (which I hate but it's the only blue one I have), and a cigarrette stolen from the parents since I don't smoke.  (Remember kids, smoking is bad!)  XD  The things I do for my boyfriend cosplay Lupin III.

(click to show/hide)

My BF took these pictures so they're not the best... XD

Also...is it bad when your boyfriend's new pet names for you are "Jigen" and "Jiggy?"  XD

Oh well...I guess he'd be my "Luppy" then wouldn't he?   ;D

(Sorry the pictures are so big.   :-\  We couldn't get them any smaller without distorting them horrendously.)

Sad cactus

« Reply #48 on: April 09, 2009, 12:27:23 pm »
Whoo! So much badass. ^__^ Love the fedora! I could see Jigen in a short-sleeve shirt. XD

Alc

• [Member]
« Reply #49 on: April 09, 2009, 10:13:23 pm »
Whoo! So much badass. ^__^ Love the fedora! I could see Jigen in a short-sleeve shirt. XD

I could too actually.  XD

He'd probably wear one in the summer when it's really hot.   ;D

mizducky

• [Member]
  • "Go on punk, make my day."
    • Personal website
« Reply #50 on: April 10, 2009, 02:42:59 pm »
Interestingly, in Twilight Gemini Lupin conceded to the desert heat of Morocco and donned a blue short-sleeved shirt with no tie, and a white suit ... but Jigen was still in his usual rig.  ;)
Lupin fanfic work-in-progress: "Fun and Thieving in Las Vegas"
http://www.mizducky.com/churchofwhoopie/2008/08/fun-and-thievin.html

Alc

• [Member]
« Reply #51 on: April 10, 2009, 07:41:35 pm »
Interestingly, in Twilight Gemini Lupin conceded to the desert heat of Morocco and donned a blue short-sleeved shirt with no tie, and a white suit ... but Jigen was still in his usual rig.  ;)

...I noticed that the other day when I watched Twilight Gemini.

I also now call Twilight Gemini the White Jacket special...because he wears that white jacket throughout almost the ENTIRE movie. XD

Sad cactus

« Reply #52 on: April 10, 2009, 10:41:42 pm »
I also now call Twilight Gemini the White Jacket special...because he wears that white jacket throughout almost the ENTIRE movie. XD

And no tie! XD

__SUPERMAN__

• [Member]
  • i love lupin
    • Lupin the 3rd Italian
« Reply #53 on: April 16, 2009, 09:05:49 am »
Lupin v.2

__SUPERMAN__

• [Member]
  • i love lupin
    • Lupin the 3rd Italian
« Reply #54 on: April 16, 2009, 12:53:15 pm »
Beautiful jacket! So you have found one finally!
NO iI color it, infast is became small, :-X

Now you just need to let your hairs grow a little more and you'll be perfect!
nono, saturday I'll go to Torino comics and after i cut

Sad cactus

« Reply #55 on: April 16, 2009, 09:00:41 pm »
but there is even no trains between Nice-Torino...

That sucks.  >< Is there an area of France where the trains are concentrated, or are they scattered around?

Sad cactus

« Reply #56 on: April 17, 2009, 11:32:48 am »
here is a natural barrier between Nice and Torino: the alps. Because of it, the trains goes first to Genova then there is one doing Genova-Torino. But if I do that it will take me a whole day only to reach Torino

::Hits head.:: Right, the Alps. That's embarassing. oO If there's something that I suck at worse than math it's geography. ^^;;; A whole day? oO; Oof, that would stretch your gas. oO Sorry you're stuck. ;_;

LadyLupin

• Part of the Gang
  • Lady Lupin Sansei
« Reply #57 on: May 07, 2009, 08:38:40 am »

This is me at Ohayocon '05. I can't wear that costume anymore because I've lost too much weight. I was a bit over 200 when this was taken, and now I'm 150.

I'd have to get a new costume. Curse you boxing, but I love you anyway. XD

I remember that Ohayocon though. Scott McNeil was shocked at how I was able to fit my long curly hair under that wig. Took many pins and a homemade skullcap.

Sad cactus

« Reply #58 on: May 08, 2009, 12:21:22 am »
Aw, that's too bad that you have to put another one together--hopefully it doesn't take too long to find all the clothes you need. ^^

angelidollinda

• Part of the Gang
  • I believe in the power of the thief!
« Reply #59 on: May 12, 2009, 03:42:00 pm »
For Fanime next week I've been working on my Clarisse cosplay. Today I'm painting the ring I sculpted from fimo clay to wear. I've been taking pictures of the making-of process which I'll be putting up here once it's finished.
Les temps sont durs pour les r