Author Topic: Lupin the Cosplay!  (Read 98738 times)

Sad cactus

Re: Lupin-themed cosplay
« Reply #75 on: June 21, 2009, 10:21:11 pm »
::Whistles.:: Beautiful...Are you going to paint it like the silver Walther? XD

Sad cactus

« Reply #76 on: July 07, 2009, 12:07:57 pm »
Aw, too bad. : (

Awesome picture! ^^ You look exactly like him. ^^ That's too bad that you couldn't wear it on the last day. But it's better to avoid heatstroke. ^^;;

I hope that you'll still be a fan of Lupn in 2010. And if not, at least don't forget our lovable larcenist and his pals. ^^

PsychoShinji

• [Member]
« Reply #77 on: July 08, 2009, 02:12:28 am »
Just popping in to say:

Sad Cactus: Ooh, I'll be looking for you! That's such a cute idea~ I loved that episode, and felt so bad for poor Jigen. :) I'm tickled by his shyness in matters of romance. <3

Banished Prince: WOW, that is an awesome cast of the Walther!!! I also love your Yasuo cosplay... the hair is just perfect, and you look a lot like him!

Have a great summer con-season, everyone. :D

Sad cactus

« Reply #78 on: July 08, 2009, 09:25:32 am »
PsychoShinji:  Yeah, I figured I would cosplay sensitive Jigen because there's no way I could pull off the gun thing. oO;;; And the pink puppet reference would be too obscure. ^^; So "Rose And the Pistol/Shot Through the Heart" Jigen is a happy medium.

I'll be looking for you, too! ^^ Who are you going as this year so I'll know who to look for? ^^

Monday 7/20/09, 5:15 PM:

Otakon came and went and I didn't get to run into you, PsychoShinji. : ( There was at least one Lupin cosplayer who did see you, I think. oO

The totals I ran into: 6 Lupins: 2 red, 3 green, 1 Cagliostro
                             2 Jigens: 1 blue shirt, 1 white shirt (The one with the white shirt was IC for the entire convention: it was awessome. *__* And she/he had a perfect replica of the Magnum. ^^)

Here's my silly attempt at Lupin cosplay. ^^ My fourth attempt, this time as Jigen.   I forgot why I had ten million things in my left pocket, which is why it's bulging. oO; The jacket was actually blue and the pants black, and the hat wasn't a fedora but a flat hat, and my beard kept on falling off. : ( I didn't make a gun or a cigarette but I had the rose, trying to imitate classy Jigen in "Shot Through the Heart". The shirt is the wrong color,  but ah, well. ^^ The shirt was also short-sleeved, so I couldn't pull the sleeves out like I did with the blue and green shrits. : ( I also wasn't wearing any make-up, which will probably change next year. I got lots of pictures with other Lupin cosplayers, but I still have to find a USB cable for my camera. : I Until then, here's the picture. Otakon Photosuite is awesome. ^_^ 

« Last Edit: July 20, 2009, 06:28:11 pm by Sad cactus »

Sad cactus

« Reply #79 on: July 21, 2009, 11:19:50 pm »
If I shouldn't bump the thread, I'll delete this post and edit my last one. ^^

Here's a few: I'll finish posting the rest tomorrow. ^^

Double the Jigen, double the fun. : ) I ran into this Jigen at the Dealer's Room at Otakon. An enthusiastic Lupin fan on the hunt for merchandise. ^^ This year it was rather scarce.  : ( Don't ask about my unflattering pose there: I'm not sure what I was trying to do. oO; I even forgot to take off my bag. X__X

Another Dealer's Room run-in of happiness. ^^

I mistook this Cagliostro Lupin in the Artist's Alley for Lupin from Green vs. Red. ^^; I loved her cosplay, especially the bandages. ^^

The second green Lupin in the Artist's Alley. ^^ Yes, I know that I'm short. ^^

I mistook this woman for cosplaying Zenigata, but I'd say that it worked out pretty well. : ) It was nice to see  con-goers enjoying themselves in the dead of night, since Saturday was a slow night for the con. : (

Last Lupin that I saw during the convention. This one was also at Artist's Alley. ^^

Kickass Jigen cosplayer. He/she was in character for the entire convention. It was pretty eerie. ^^ As you can see, he/she has the cigarette down and carried a perfect copy of the Magnum. In classic Jigen fashion, pulled it right out of his/her jacket from the back of the jacket. ^^ He/she walked very smoothly and Jigen-esque, never in a hurry. Needless to say, I still have a lot to work on. ^^

« Last Edit: July 21, 2009, 11:28:17 pm by Sad cactus »

Sad cactus

« Reply #80 on: July 22, 2009, 11:48:34 am »
You're very welcome! ^^ I wish you were there, too. : ( There's so many Lupin fans but we're all scattered around. : ( ACK! Not a one? That's really awful to hear. At least you saw one Lupin I. ^^ That's better than nothing, but true, that's still a letdown. ;_;

Yep. XD Though when Jigen does show his eyes, it's a scary/hilarious sight. XD
oO Actually, the rose was from "The Rose And the Pistol/Shot Through the Heart", where
(click to show/hide)
Come to think of it, it's hard to ignore the dangerous implications of the rose, but I wore it to accentuate Jigen's gentlemanly, romantic side, and also to make up for the absence of the Magnum and smokes. ^^;

XD I wanted to get my picture taken with IC Jigen, but he/she was so IC that I was too intimidated. : ) It would have been fun to poke him/her! ^^ XD Again, sorry you weren't there. : (

PsychoShinji

• [Member]
« Reply #81 on: July 22, 2009, 09:56:43 pm »
Ack! Hey Sad Cactus, I'm sorry I didn't reply before Otakon. I was actually dressed as Fujiko in the catsuit during the pre-reg line, and my friend Zelda was dressed as Red Jacket Lupin from the 2nd TV series. (LOL, we had a fun back and forth while I was dying of heat-stroke that went something like this):

Me: Ghh... ghhnnn... ghhh... I'm gonna... die.
Lupin: Oh god, Sarah... I am SO sorry. I'm the one who nagged you to cosplay as Fujiko to the line!
Me: Yeah... I wanted to do Goemon... it would be more breezy... *fans self* But NOOOOOO, you hate Goemon! Sheesh. No, no, it's still my fault. For listening to you. *jokingly glares at Lupin*
Lupin: 8< I'll make it up to you! I promise!!! *patpat*
Me: It's okay. <:)

Of course, when we made it into the BCC, it was a victory dance. XD I was a fool for dressing as Fujiko. I very literally almost passed out from the heat. But hey, I learned a lesson. I kept thinking, "No...no! Don't pass out... you can do it! Don't pass out... don't be the first one to be taken away from the con...no!" lol! Oh, and I realized I ain't as young as I used to be. I used to be able to wear my old Shinji Plugsuit for hours in the hot sun.

Man, I wish I coulda seen you, SCactus! But I know the masked Cagliostro Lupin in one of your pics~ :D Your pictures are really awesome!
Here is my Lupin with me as Goemon, and a very funny, very in-character Zenigata! He even gave us a speech:

"Lupin the Third. Ishikawa Goemon. You are both hereby... UNDER ARREST! *CLINK*"
Me: "Lupin... this is all your fault."
Lupin: "Chill out, Goemon. We'll be outta these in just a second!"

*Goemon Fangirl Moment*
So, I ran into a Captain Harlock while dressed as Goemon, which caused me to fangirl all over the place. As you may know, Makio Inoue did the voices of both Goemon and Harlock, so this was a fun opportunity! And Lex Lang voiced Harlock for the 2003 Endless Odyssey OAV, so that's another Goemon-Harlock parallel in the dub world as well!

/Goemon Fangirl Moment.

Oh, and I wore Jigen (Cagliostro version, wearing Clarisse's Crown!) for a bit; I had wanted to pose with my friend the Masked Lupin, but didn't get a chance. We met at a bar, but not during that time. >;3 I didn't get a pic of it at Otakon, but here's a photo of it from AZ in May. XD

Anyway, I'm sorry if the pics are too much for the post. Please let me know and I'll take 'em down or size 'em down, etc.

Thanks for the awesome picture post, Sad Cactus! I am sure I will see you next year, for sure!! :D I love the idea you had of doing the "Rose and a Pistol" version of Jigen. That's adorable and clever~

Geist_MD

• Boogie Woogie Loog Shugie!
  • [Member]
  • The Coiled Shuffler
Re: Lupin The Cosplay!
« Reply #82 on: July 22, 2009, 11:16:09 pm »
After the extended longevity of this thread, I hearby dub it THE cosplay thread. Big thanks to Miz for starting it way back, it's really balooned outward since.

Carry on, programs.
1-888-SPY-HARD

Sad cactus

Re: Lupin the Cosplay!
« Reply #83 on: July 23, 2009, 07:52:42 pm »
Yes, I heard from another Lupin cosplayer that you were dressed as Fujiko. ^^ Awesome, your friend was dressed as red jacket? Awesome! ^__^ She always does the sideburns really well. ^^ Man, you must have been BOILING in that catsuit. oO; And I thought I had it tough in a hat, jacket, shirt, tie, pants, and beard. XD

I don't blame you for almost passing out---it was scorching this year. The line moved slower than last year, and there were no clouds. : ( Kudos to you for biting the bullet and sticking through the heat. ^^ Aw...Zelda hates Goemon? That's too bad. : ( It'd be even breezier if you did Goemon swimming---but then again that might not be allowed. OO;;;;

You know the masked Cagliostro Lupin? Awesome! ^__^ It's great to see people that you know--or meet them next year! ^^ Thanks, hooray for USB cables. ^_^

Awesome!! Is the Lupin/Zeni/Goemon picture also from Otakon? The floor looks familiar, anyways. XD Yay, a Zeni cosplayer! I love his look of triumph there, and the two finger victory pose. XD Yay for IC cosplayers. XD It's good you found him! I saw no Zenis this year, just a detective cosplayer that happened to be with red Lupin. ;_;

I like Zelda's cocky look and your "damn you, Lupin" look. Your Goemon outfit is perfect, great job! ^^ XD I like how you did a mini-skit when the Zeni cosplayer cuffed you. Did anyone get to watch? : )

You with the Captain Harlock is awesome! There's double the Goemon! XD Awesome Zantetsuken, by the way. ^^

Whoo! Nice beard! And the crown..*_* You are my hero, PsychoShinji. ^^ I love that scene in Cagliostro---Jigen has impeccable fashion tastes. : ) You made the Princess!Jigen's crown beautifully. ^^

Thanks for sharing all of the pictures! ^__^ Awesome cosplay this year, you and Zelda, like always! ^_^ Next year I'm going to find you guys and take a billion pictures. XD

Ishikawa Goemon

• Part of the Gang
  • Derpin' along.
« Reply #84 on: July 24, 2009, 03:19:42 am »
Nice photographs, from the two of you; definitely looks like a lot of fun. I have to envy you fellows for representing the Lupin folk well - not enough L III cosplayers up here, unfortunately.
Lupin will look up and shout, "Save us, plot-device!", and I'll look down and whisper, "No".

HyperInSugar

• [Member]
  • Dance like there
« Reply #85 on: July 26, 2009, 07:38:20 am »
Why I think all the cosplayers tend to forget about the Pink Jacket Lupin and Jigen? I never saw them and it would be just awesome to have the chance of someone cosplaying them

« Last Edit: July 29, 2009, 11:17:17 am by HyperInSugar »
Why I am here:

-To be a dAmn addict
-To herd llamas
-To view pretty, pretty Jigen and Goemon pics

PsychoShinji

• [Member]
« Reply #86 on: July 26, 2009, 09:19:01 pm »
Thanks so much, guys! :) I'm really glad to be able to talk with other Lupin fans and cosplayers. :3

Ooh! Ooh! And HyperInSugar- I'm really excited that you mentioned that, because my Lupin (in the photograph wearing a red jacket at the time ;3) and I are going to cosplay as Pink Jacket Lupin and Jigen very soon! We wanted to do it for Otakon, but I didn't have enough time to make a new suit. I also would've had to get a brown wig and brown fur for the beard and didn't have enough time to look for it. XD But it's coming soon, hopefully in the next few cons! :D We're both really excited to do it, and love that series. If you've seen Pink Jacket episode 10: "Lay a Plot with the Treasure", you may remember the amusing scene where Jigen works out in a VERY 80's blue and yellow aerobic outfit and then gobbles down hamburgers. My Lupin DARED me to cosplay as Aerobic-Workout Jigen. I-I think I want to do it. XD

Here's a sshot for reference:

How very, very amusing.

And:

...A very cute scene in which Lupin says something to the effect of: "You know, if you are always (SFX: "Pakupaku"="munchMunch") Munching like that, you're going to get a paunch."
Jigen replies something along the lines of (translated literally): "Don't be stupid. It's okay because of the exercise." *headpalm* Oh, Jigen. We love you.

So, yes! We will cosplay Lupin III Part III in the near future! :D It should be a lot of goofy fun~
« Last Edit: July 26, 2009, 09:19:55 pm by PsychoShinji »

wakomu

• [Member]
  • For the art of it all!
« Reply #87 on: July 26, 2009, 09:23:06 pm »
I so want to see the outcome of that!  :D

Sad cactus

« Reply #88 on: July 26, 2009, 10:02:25 pm »
Yesssss! That would be awesome! ^__^ I've considered cosplaying pink jacket, but I don't make my own costumes (I throw together whatever's in the closet XD) and it's hard enough to find a red jacket---finding a pink jacket and a cotton-candy blue shirt is almost impossible. X_X Then there's Jigen's famous orange shirt. XD Another rarity. : ( I guess making your costume has its advantages, especially with those hard-to-find colors--you can just pick your fabric and then go.

Workingout!Jigen? OO XD That'll be the Lupin cosplay of the decade!! ^__^ It makes sense that he works out so much, considering that whenever it's him vs. Lupin when it comes to food, Jigen always wins---and hence overeats. XD Thanks for translating that dialogue, PsychoShinji. I've always wanted to know what they were saying during those many eating scenes. ^^ Anyway, I second wakomu! ^^ Looking forward to seeing you in Jigen's exercise outfit! ^__^

HyperInSugar

• [Member]
  • Dance like there
« Reply #89 on: July 29, 2009, 11:23:30 am »
I saw the pink series in Spanish (thanks Emule, I love you!!) and yeah you can clearly feel it has that 80s vibe.
Why I am here:

-To be a dAmn addict
-To herd llamas
-To view pretty, pretty Jigen and Goemon pics