Author Topic: Lupin the Cosplay!  (Read 95998 times)

Sad cactus

Re: Lupin the Cosplay!
« Reply #105 on: January 11, 2010, 09:07:08 am »
Zeni even had a bent-knee walk. XD

Awesome! *__* Kudos to him!! ^^ Interesting that he has the green jacket look there, most Zeni cosplayers do red jacket. ^^

i like Jigen's bow, it seems like something he would wear. XD I like your rendition of the TV special red jacket Lupin. : ) And kudos to your group for having a Fujiko. ^^

t was pretty great. For a while, me and Jigen walked around asking about how to get to New York from the ALA hotel--Jigen had gotten shitfaced drunk earlier and made Goemon mad, so he cut the Fiat up and Jigen's magnum dropped into a lake... XD

That's hilarious! ^___^ I wish someone had video'ed it, that 's one for YouTube. ^^ Congratulations for doing hall skits--that's when Lupin really comes alive. Poor Jigen is so self-destructive..^^;;

THEN once we got our Fujiko and Zenigata, we went around making human walls and hid from Zeni until he left. Everybody always pointed him in the wrong direction

That is so awesome! ^___^ How were you able to get people not in on it to point him in the wrong direction, though?

Though, I did a solo sweep of the place and had some pretty ladies uncuff me (I had my hands cuffed behind my back). It was a really fun time, and one girl was even really hesitant to reach into my pocket, like a punching fist would fly out or something.

You are officially my heroes. ^^ I bow down to you and your mad improv/audience participation skills! ^^

The best thing was that they were about to play 2 eps of Lupin in the little theater... Jigen, Fujiko, and I walk in and ask what they're playing, and then after a while Zeni bursts in and we try to hide ourselves with newspapers. But just as he almost arrests us, the movie started and we all enjoyed it.And of course, we had a diamond and a bag full of fake money, and if people helped us, we gave them a gold coin.

More joy fills my soul. : ) XD Zeni got distracted-- XD Thanks for sharing your hall skits. ^^ I'm blown away by the awesomeness! ^^

Hokori

• [Member]
  • Itchy fingers makes for great ideas.
    • My Deviantart
« Reply #106 on: January 11, 2010, 02:26:53 pm »

Awesome! *__* Kudos to him!! ^^ Interesting that he has the green jacket look there, most Zeni cosplayers do red jacket. ^^

i like Jigen's bow, it seems like something he would wear. XD I like your rendition of the TV special red jacket Lupin. : ) And kudos to your group for having a Fujiko. ^^

Well, I always liked green jacket Zenigata, though we saw a green trenchcoat and I was totally tempted to through together a pink jacket Zenigata! :O

But we couldn't find the proper colors for the rest of it. :I

I just feel terrible we only had 4 and couldn't get a Goemon. It's hard to make a Goemon outfit, much less use a stranger to play him. I think one of the reasons we did so well was our chemistry as friends already.

That's hilarious! ^___^ I wish someone had video'ed it, that 's one for YouTube. ^^ Congratulations for doing hall skits--that's when Lupin really comes alive. Poor Jigen is so self-destructive..^^;;

Oh yeah, I totally knew Lupin was a good choice for live performance. With all the Hetalia and KH costumes, it was a breath of fresh air to at least bring in the old school kings of anime. And god knows they can't perform for the people like the Lupin gang. 8)

That is so awesome! ^___^ How were you able to get people not in on it to point him in the wrong direction, though?

lol, I think a good 75 percent knew who we were and wanted to help. The other 25 probably noticed Zeni as law enforcement, and we DID have diamonds and money bags. ^_^,

You are officially my heroes. ^^ I bow down to you and your mad improv/audience participation skills! ^^

It was fun. Some guy at the elevator was really worried about me--he thought I was literally handcuffed and needed help. :P

More joy fills my soul. : ) XD Zeni got distracted-- XD Thanks for sharing your hall skits. ^^ I'm blown away by the awesomeness! ^^

Thank you! It was my second time cosplaying, and I had a lot of fun. First time hall-skitting, and I'm a normally quiet person, but I was totally prepared to play up Lupin's personality.

Dots Salchow

• Actually Dots Salchow
  • Part of the Gang
  • That's Dots to you!
    • Tumblr blog
« Reply #107 on: January 11, 2010, 03:40:33 pm »
Wow, Hokori! Your cosplay stroll must've been very fun for both you, your partners and the bystanders.

It's too bad i don't get the chance to cosplay. The main reasons are 1. I mostly lack the sources and material to make a costume; 2. I hardly go to any conventions, as i'm not the type that can survive in overpopulated spaces; 3. None of my real-life friends are true anime fans.
With the way things are now, i feel a little lonely in this manga/anime world.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2010, 03:52:03 pm by geckogirl191 »
Often caught but never held for long, Lupin III brought the gentleman-thief into this century with his hi-tech antics and old-world charm.
~Helen McCarthy, 500 Manga Heroes & Villains

LadyLupin

• Part of the Gang
  • Lady Lupin Sansei
« Reply #108 on: January 28, 2010, 07:58:47 am »
This weekend I will be reprising my role as Lupin Sansei at Ohayocon-a much thinner version than before.

This is me back in 2005. This year I am a 145 lb Lupin. The red jacket in the photo above still fits, even if it makes me look a little broad. Good thing though since I'll need to look masculine.

I had to purchased a new wig. I found an Elvis one with a slight pompadour at a local costume shop. It looks somewhat like this:

It should work out nicely.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2010, 08:31:19 am by LadyLupin »

PsychoShinji

• [Member]
« Reply #109 on: February 11, 2010, 04:17:05 pm »
Hey, I'm a little late in replying to this, but I hope you had fun at Ohayocon, LadyLupin! And congratulations on the weight loss (if it was intentional)! :)

This weekend (well, tomorrow to be exact) my Lupin and I will be reprising our costumes again for Katsucon. It's been a little crazy with the snow, but I've been able to dig my way out just in time. I'll be cosplaying as Jigen (gonna try a slightly different approach for makeup), Goemon, and Fujiko again. For Fujiko this may be the last time I cosplay as her, since I was just a substitute for a girl we'd been trying to get to cosplay as her for a while and it's looking like all systems are go for her in the next few cons. :3 I hope everyone has a safe winter convention season. I'll try to post some pics when I get back.

Gozar

• Part of the Gang
    • Otaku in a Bottle
« Reply #110 on: March 30, 2010, 06:56:25 pm »
I just got my Red Jacket in the mail today. This is my first picture in the cosplay.

http://twitpic.com/1c1qvd
« Last Edit: March 30, 2010, 06:56:57 pm by Gozar »

Gozar

• Part of the Gang
    • Otaku in a Bottle
« Reply #111 on: April 03, 2010, 09:10:40 pm »
A cosplay picture of me that Michelle turned into a Desktop Wallpaper =D

http://majinbulgeta.deviantart.com/art/Lupin-III-cosplay-desktop-159407324

Ishikawa Goemon

• Part of the Gang
  • Derpin' along.
« Reply #112 on: April 03, 2010, 11:20:19 pm »
As a wallpaper, simple but nice! The whole outfit's snazzy and the red jacket looks perfect, too. ...Why aren't more of you folk attending conventions up North?
Lupin will look up and shout, "Save us, plot-device!", and I'll look down and whisper, "No".

Gozar

• Part of the Gang
    • Otaku in a Bottle
« Reply #113 on: April 04, 2010, 12:14:26 am »
We'll be at Anime Next in New Jersey this coming June. Me as Lupin and Michelle as Fujiko. Where do you live Ishi-san?

Ishikawa Goemon

• Part of the Gang
  • Derpin' along.
« Reply #114 on: April 04, 2010, 10:57:42 am »
Ah. Up, across the border, in ol' Ontario.
Lupin will look up and shout, "Save us, plot-device!", and I'll look down and whisper, "No".

Gozar

• Part of the Gang
    • Otaku in a Bottle
« Reply #115 on: April 04, 2010, 12:59:37 pm »
Aw man. Way too far for you to commute to Anime Next, lol.

KoichiZenigata

• Part of the Gang
  • Stealing Japan for a Year
    • Lupin has a podcast
« Reply #116 on: April 14, 2010, 07:30:32 pm »
me as Zenigata!
if u go to Anime North find me!!!

KoichiZenigata

• Part of the Gang
    • Lupin has a podcast
« Reply #117 on: April 14, 2010, 07:31:51 pm »
here is a pict

Dan_the_Rebirth

• [Member]
« Reply #118 on: April 14, 2010, 07:35:49 pm »
http://animexx.onlinewelten.com/fotos/foto.php?mitglied=226998&kostuem=159060&id=3794798

original it was a green vs red cosplay(bandaged head, but it seems noone made a good picture xD)

the only picture i can find in full the outfit:
http://animexx.onlinewelten.com/fotos/foto.php?id=3792999
iam the one far in the back
« Last Edit: April 19, 2010, 09:42:03 am by Dan_the_Rebirth »

KoichiZenigata

• Part of the Gang
    • Lupin has a podcast
« Reply #119 on: April 14, 2010, 07:44:43 pm »
hey!! i see Ryoma!! and lupin's back :P