Author Topic: Lupin the Cosplay!  (Read 95933 times)

mizducky

• [Member]
  • "Go on punk, make my day."
    • Personal website
Lupin the Cosplay!
« on: November 03, 2008, 04:30:37 pm »
Geist: Stickied! Rock on!

I didn't spot any ongoing topic dedicated to Lupin-themed cosplay, so I decided to start one.

I'll be brave and go first: here's my look for Halloween the other night:

Before anyone else says it: yeah yeah yeah, it's Fat Lupin, like Fat Elvis. I'm workin' it anyway.  :P
« Last Edit: July 22, 2009, 11:17:06 pm by Geist_MD »
Lupin fanfic work-in-progress: "Fun and Thieving in Las Vegas"
http://www.mizducky.com/churchofwhoopie/2008/08/fun-and-thievin.html

Ishikawa Goemon

• Part of the Gang
  • Derpin' along.
Re: Lupin-themed cosplay
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2008, 04:41:56 pm »
And I keep telling you, you're being too hard on yourself. From what you were telling me, you clearly went great lengths for the sake of detail... hell, those sideburns look amazing, for one. I would have liked to have seen the crystal in the shot, too, but all well. I can't wait until you have more shots to share.

Heck, no cosplay can be perfect...

My Ishikawa Bed-Head proves this statement. XD

So if people give you trouble for your cosplay just because you and Lupin don't share the same body-type... boot to the face! I admire your bravery, and I'm sure I'm not alone.  :)
« Last Edit: November 03, 2008, 04:43:44 pm by Ishikawa Goemon »
Lupin will look up and shout, "Save us, plot-device!", and I'll look down and whisper, "No".

hentaifreak

• [Member]
  • One of my secret underground hideouts.
    • Master Thief Club
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2008, 07:09:07 pm »
I'm fairly certain these are already up somewhere, but nevertheless!

and a really crappy pic I found of my green jacket cosplay. (I really gotta find a better one)
Groovy!

hentaifreak

• [Member]
    • Master Thief Club
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2008, 08:02:19 pm »
Oh wait! I've found some more! My gf as Fujiko while I was cosplaying Jigen.

Groovy!

mizducky

• [Member]
    • Personal website
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2008, 02:56:14 pm »
Aha! Another and better photo of my Halloween cosplay:

hentaifreak

• [Member]
    • Master Thief Club
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2008, 08:47:00 pm »
Nice! we could go all GVR! Or between the pictures here, we've got everyone covered but Zenigata!  ;D
Groovy!

mizducky

• [Member]
    • Personal website
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2008, 09:50:23 pm »
Nice! we could go all GVR!
So you wanna be Yasuo? :P

P.S. If I didn't say it before, let me say it now: that Jigen cosplay of yours is awesome.

hentaifreak

• [Member]
    • Master Thief Club
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2008, 11:57:29 pm »
Nice! we could go all GVR!
So you wanna be Yasuo? :P

P.S. If I didn't say it before, let me say it now: that Jigen cosplay of yours is awesome.

Well, even though I did that cosplay years before GVR, I did have longer hair that I was gellin' back a la Yasuo, so, why not?! :D
^ this is also why I have Ranma from Cinderella Boy as my avatar, same sideburns, more hair, lol.

Thanks, I love my Jigen cosplay, it's been my favorite to date! I like my Lupin one, but there's still alotta stuff I would like to do to it, but now adays my hair is waaay too long to pull that off... maybe I'll grow out the beard again and try to pull off Lupin in Prison...... lol.

Love the new avvie btw.
Groovy!

Sad cactus

« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2009, 01:35:29 am »
Oh, wow, that's awesome! That's not pathetic at all! ^^

hentaifreak

• [Member]
    • Master Thief Club
« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2009, 03:38:53 am »
My pathetic attempt at cosplaying Yasuo... I had fun with my webcam, my wig and my fake cigarette LOL

Well, looks like we already have a Green for the GVR, guess that means I' can stick to my Jigen. Lol.! Seriously, looks great to me! ;D I really like the hair.
Groovy!

Sad cactus

« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2009, 08:40:53 am »
I still stick to the idea that cosplay is mostly about the attitude rather than the appearance. And you, mademoiselle (?) madame (?), have Yasuo's attitude down pat. ^^ And you have the appearance, so that makes your cosplay like stars *__* Ahhhh..^^
« Last Edit: January 08, 2009, 08:50:08 am by Sad cactus »

Sad cactus

« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2009, 05:28:02 pm »
banished prince: Not to worry! ^^ There's the wonderful world of cross-playing! You can cosplay guys if you want to, and it's done all the time! ^^ Most of the Ls from DeathNote are usually girls, few guys would be caught dead cosplaying the Sanzo party from Saiyuki, but that's okay because there's a whole bunch of girls who cosplay the Sanzo party...what else..? I saw a girl Jigen and Lupin over the summer, and there's the infamous Sailor Bubba (guy Sailor Moon) and Man Faye. (guy Faye Valentine) So indulge in full-body cosplays to your heart's content, because being of the opposite gender of your character isn't a handicap. ^__^ Besides, if you don't do it, who else would? ^_^

Sad cactus

« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2009, 01:00:23 pm »
True... Nobody will. Yasuo is just a minor character. No luck for him, he is my obsession.
I ordered something close to his jacket/blazer. And I'll try a second attempt soon.

Indeed! I mean, if there's hardly any cosplay love for Lupin nowadays---the largest convention on  the east coast boasted a *whopping* six Lupin cosplayers last summer--maybe there were seven. That's nothing compared to hundreds of the more popular characters. ::Cough.:: Naruto. ::Cough.:: So if there's no love for Lupin at conventions, like you said, there won't be any for Yasuo. From what I've read of your story, he is the most sophisticated and effective Lupin impersonator as of yet. : ) Will be looking forward to your second attempt! ^^

Sad cactus

« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2009, 11:12:45 pm »
OO Girl-ish? Not at all, that's unbelievably manly! Really, I would never be able to tell! OO

You're very thorough in your cosplay, that's really admirable! ^_^

That was at Otakon 2008. Compared to the number of Naruto and Sasuke cosplayers, it's a pretty small number...X__X;;; There were two Jigens that I saw, and no Goemon or Fujiko. : (

hentaifreak

• [Member]
    • Master Thief Club
« Reply #14 on: January 28, 2009, 11:50:38 am »
My second attempt at Yasuo (girl-ish version  ;D)
The color of the jacket is not accurate at all, but that's all I could find. :'( I'll try to dye it.
My wig goes all messy after several minutes, I guess the hair spray is not very good.

six Lupin cosplayers last summer--maybe there were seven
And that's alot! Which event was it? I don't remember any Lupin cosplayers during the last San Diego Comic Con...
Nice work. I really think we can completely do GVR now! LOL ;D
Groovy!