Author Topic: Lupin the Cosplay!  (Read 98767 times)

Ishikawa Goemon

• Part of the Gang
  • Derpin' along.
Re: Lupin-themed cosplay
« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2009, 01:31:25 pm »
Lupin, I'm waiting for you. Anytime, anywhere. But be fast or your girl will be mine, mwahaha!

OMG, we so need a topic for a roleplay. We describe our actions and post the related picture of our cosplay. The only problem is when there is a confrontation, but photoshop will help us. What do you think about?

Did somebody say roleplay? ;) Having a relevant picture might be kind of tough, though... I, for one, don't get in costume very often. I'm still for an all-text roleplay... but that's just me. Not to say that I would mind seeing images of other cosplays. :)

By the way, your Yasuo is very convincing!

Edit: Blargh, a double-negative.
Lupin will look up and shout, "Save us, plot-device!", and I'll look down and whisper, "No".

angelidollinda

• Part of the Gang
  • I believe in the power of the thief!
« Reply #16 on: January 28, 2009, 04:49:42 pm »
Your Yasuo looks great, banishedprince! I like the sideburns, especially. ^^
Les temps sont durs pour les r

bunnialchemistmeep

• [Member]
« Reply #17 on: February 11, 2009, 07:54:53 pm »
I just put together my Green jacket Lupin outfit, all that's missing is the damn yellow tie!!!! GRRRR!!!

Quilly

• [Member]
    • myspace
« Reply #18 on: February 12, 2009, 09:46:40 am »
I just put together my Green jacket Lupin outfit, all that's missing is the damn yellow tie!!!! GRRRR!!![/quote

you could always just try to find a white one and purchase some yellow dye ((thats what i had to do for my costume, got the dye at walmart for 2$)
its a good last resort ^_^

Sad cactus

« Reply #19 on: February 12, 2009, 01:29:55 pm »
Ingenuity is amazing. ^__^

bunnialchemistmeep

• [Member]
« Reply #20 on: February 12, 2009, 02:48:32 pm »
bunnialchemistmeep > Maybe this can help!   http://cgi.ebay.com/Yellow-Silk-Tie-Solid-Thai-Silk-neck-tie_W0QQitemZ270336194293QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUS_CSA_MWA_Ties?hash=item270336194293&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1205
I'm eager to see a new cosplayer!  :D

Thanks everyone for your comments on my Yasuo's one. One I'll have more time to kill, I'll retry a more accurate one.

Thanks heaps!! you're a lifesaver!

LadyLupin

• Part of the Gang
  • Lady Lupin Sansei
« Reply #21 on: February 13, 2009, 11:42:07 pm »
My second attempt at Yasuo (girl-ish version  ;D)
The color of the jacket is not accurate at all, but that's all I could find. :'( I'll try to dye it.
My wig goes all messy after several minutes, I guess the hair spray is not very good.

six Lupin cosplayers last summer--maybe there were seven
And that's alot! Which event was it? I don't remember any Lupin cosplayers during the last San Diego Comic Con...

You know, you'd make a great Joe Yabuki with that hair. Joe is the main character ofa classic boxing anime called Ashita no Joe.

Quilly

• [Member]
    • myspace
« Reply #22 on: February 14, 2009, 09:25:58 pm »
well...i guess i'll post my sad lupin cosplay pics...((sad because they're not full body, but i guess you get the idea...?))

at anime south. unfortunately my hair isnt straight black because i had to do a last minute temp-black hair dye treatment ((i had to dress as Yuta from Zombie Loan the next day, so i couldnt actually dye it black, so it came out brown...bleh))
next up is my Green Vs. Red Lupin costume: work in progress, but the photo is pretty neat looking ^_^

see what i mean about dying a tie? it came out pretty well i think ^_^

and soon (once i get my jigen costume done) i'm going to be doing a lupin/jigen photo shoot, thanks to my friend Angie ^_^
i'll post those pics too once its all said and done.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2009, 09:33:47 pm by Quilly »

Sad cactus

« Reply #23 on: February 15, 2009, 12:06:07 am »
Holy crap, I thought that was a yellow tie initially! It turned out great! ^__^ You've got the really intense look of Lupin. The bulging, scheming eyes, I mean.  Great cosplay! ^__^

hentaifreak

• [Member]
  • One of my secret underground hideouts.
    • Master Thief Club
« Reply #24 on: February 18, 2009, 09:04:21 pm »
well...i guess i'll post my sad lupin cosplay pics...((sad because they're not full body, but i guess you get the idea...?))

at anime south. unfortunately my hair isnt straight black because i had to do a last minute temp-black hair dye treatment ((i had to dress as Yuta from Zombie Loan the next day, so i couldnt actually dye it black, so it came out brown...bleh))
next up is my Green Vs. Red Lupin costume: work in progress, but the photo is pretty neat looking ^_^

see what i mean about dying a tie? it came out pretty well i think ^_^

and soon (once i get my jigen costume done) i'm going to be doing a lupin/jigen photo shoot, thanks to my friend Angie ^_^
i'll post those pics too once its all said and done.
I really love the gvr costume, could be because while I love the blue shirt on lupin, black makes him look soo badass in my opinion. Every time I see Lupin with a black undershirt I know he's really gonna be ready for some action. ^^
Groovy!

Sad cactus

« Reply #25 on: February 18, 2009, 09:35:44 pm »

Every time I see Lupin with a black undershirt I know he's really gonna be ready for some action. ^^

Yeah, it's funny how in the specials, that you can tell how dark it will be by the color of Lupin's shirt. : )

Quilly

• [Member]
    • myspace
« Reply #26 on: February 18, 2009, 10:33:47 pm »
Every time I see Lupin with a black undershirt I know he's really gonna be ready for some action. ^^

Yeah, it's funny how in the specials, that you can tell how dark it will be by the color of Lupin's shirt. : )
Oh i know!! I kinda wish they'd switch his whole outfit to black (like the GvR figurine), like for a second series...make it darker and a bit more serious. or at least for the next special...

Sad cactus

« Reply #27 on: February 19, 2009, 03:30:59 pm »
I'm pretty sure you're the second person to advocate that. ^^ Some of the recent specials have been dark enough as it is. : )

Alc

• [Member]
  • Oh yeah, have another cigarrette Mr. Fitness!
« Reply #28 on: February 20, 2009, 09:05:15 pm »
My BF had the idea of if we ever get to a con of me doing a gender bended/crossplaing Jigen... ^___^;

I mean, just because I have the fedora, suit, and pants (I need a new shirt and I'd have to borrow one of dad's ties or buy one, lol) doesn't mean I can be Jigen.  XD  Though he IS my favorite character along with Zenigata and Lupin!

If I can get some stuff together I'll post pics sometime for the randomness of gender bended Jigen.   :D

I'm fairly certain these are already up somewhere, but nevertheless!

and a really crappy pic I found of my green jacket cosplay. (I really gotta find a better one)

HEY!  I remember seeing these pictures on Deviantart and favoriting them!  :  D  I've said it there before but that's one of the best Jigen's I've seen.  Though...will the cons let you keep real cigs or do you have to get candy cigs or fake ones inside?  I've always wondered that!  XD
« Last Edit: February 20, 2009, 09:07:55 pm by Alc »

Quilly

• [Member]
    • myspace
« Reply #29 on: February 20, 2009, 09:19:15 pm »

HEY!  I remember seeing these pictures on Deviantart and favoriting them!  :  D  I've said it there before but that's one of the best Jigen's I've seen.  Though...will the cons let you keep real cigs or do you have to get candy cigs or fake ones inside?  I've always wondered that!  XD
[/quote]

well, when i crossplayed as lupin at AnimeSouth, i had a real one hanging out of my mouth half the time, and they didnt seem to care nor mind. I'm pretty sure so long as its not lit, they wont mind.