Author Topic: Lupin the Cosplay!  (Read 98679 times)

Alc

• [Member]
  • Oh yeah, have another cigarrette Mr. Fitness!
Re: Lupin-themed cosplay
« Reply #30 on: February 20, 2009, 09:24:17 pm »

HEY!  I remember seeing these pictures on Deviantart and favoriting them!  :  D  I've said it there before but that's one of the best Jigen's I've seen.  Though...will the cons let you keep real cigs or do you have to get candy cigs or fake ones inside?  I've always wondered that!  XD

well, when i crossplayed as lupin at AnimeSouth, i had a real one hanging out of my mouth half the time, and they didnt seem to care nor mind. I'm pretty sure so long as its not lit, they wont mind.
[/quote]

Oh okay thanks...see I had always wondered that because a couple of my online friends who cosplayed as smokers would either have a real cig or they'd have some of those candy cigarrettes!  XD  (It's always funny to see a Sanji chomping on a candy cigarrette and trying not to eat his whole pack!  ;D)

Quilly

• [Member]
    • myspace
« Reply #31 on: February 26, 2009, 10:46:38 pm »
Yasuo's belt. right: official design / left: my version

I've finally found a white blazer that I can dye. I've already dyed the jeans and the T-shirt. It didn't worked with the scarf (it is not working with polyester material and be very carefull with wool ).
I can't find the right shoes for the moment.

bunnialchemistmeep > I received the tie that I ordered via the link last week and it's a very good quality for a low price. I would have been the same cost to dye one...
Quilly >  A beautiful cosplay! (Yay for gender bended!^^)
oh wow, amazing job on the buckle! kudos x a million there!
Thankyou for the compliment as well ^_^ as soon as i get my jigen costume put together i'll post some pics of that as well ((i just need to find a proper fedora...))

angelidollinda

• Part of the Gang
  • I believe in the power of the thief!
« Reply #32 on: February 26, 2009, 10:55:10 pm »
Nice job on the belt buckle! What did you make it out of, modeling clay?
Les temps sont durs pour les r

Sad cactus

« Reply #33 on: March 18, 2009, 01:50:09 am »
I said it before and I'll say it again: you are one dedicated cosplayer. Agh! OO Don't suffocate!!!

Jo

• Part of the Gang
  • natto mmm.
    • I am a vegan. Except on half price wing night.
« Reply #34 on: March 18, 2009, 03:07:44 am »
Thanks photoshop...

That is some hardcore awesome Lupin cosplay right there. *high five*

Lupin III Manga Database[Scanlations and such are here]

Quilly

• [Member]
    • myspace
« Reply #35 on: March 18, 2009, 04:37:50 am »
eee! Yasuo! *tackle* oops, hehe...for a second there, i thought it was the real one XP ((yeah, i know, i'm lame))
beautiful costume! you never cease to amaze me, banished ^_^

Sad cactus

« Reply #36 on: March 18, 2009, 08:53:54 pm »
was nearly killed by shame and went back to remove the two last pictures when I saw all your comments. XD
Yep, this one is really hardcore, I'm becoming such a geek O_o

As you can see I don't know well how to tie a tie (hu? is it said like this in English? )
And I don't have Yasuo's headshape at all (I tried to cheat for the touched up one)

No, don't be so humble! ^^ Those pictures are awesome. ^__^ Yay for geekiness! XD Yep, you tie a tie. oO I didn't notice that you didn't know, it looks great. ^^ As for headshape, does it really matter? oO You have so much enthusiasm and pride in your cosplay. ^__^

Quilly

• [Member]
    • myspace
« Reply #37 on: March 18, 2009, 09:08:51 pm »
I was nearly killed by shame and went back to remove the two last pictures when I saw all your comments. XD
Yep, this one is really hardcore, I'm becoming such a geek O_o

As you can see I don't know well how to tie a tie (hu? is it said like this in English? ::))
And I don't have Yasuo's headshape at all (I tried to cheat for the touched up one)

Quilly> don't bother Yasuo, he is armed and dangerous  ;D
phhhtt, headshape? that never stopped me dressing like Lupin! ((even though i look more like Fujiko in lupin's clothes o_0 )). Its the soul of the character that counts ((wow, cheesy line, i know..))

heh heh, armed and dangerous? Just like i like'm XD

Sad cactus

« Reply #38 on: March 19, 2009, 04:42:19 am »
Its the soul of the character that counts ((wow, cheesy line, i know..)

Cheesy or not, it's so true. XD In my opinion, you could have a very accurate cosplay and then still lack the soul of the character. Not that that applies to your cosplay, BP. You've got the accuracy AND the soul! XD

Sad cactus

« Reply #39 on: April 06, 2009, 11:02:44 pm »
Whoa!! Just keeps getting better and better! ^__^ It's like you stepped out of G v R! ^_^

__SUPERMAN__

• [Member]
  • i love lupin
    • Lupin the 3rd Italian
« Reply #40 on: April 07, 2009, 02:36:17 am »
good.. so i'm sad... i don't find a red jacket... i thik that i buy it white and i colour it...

i do this with a red short  :-X

yes... i'm the real lupin

hentaifreak

• [Member]
  • One of my secret underground hideouts.
    • Master Thief Club
« Reply #41 on: April 07, 2009, 03:06:44 am »

HEY!  I remember seeing these pictures on Deviantart and favoriting them!  :  D  I've said it there before but that's one of the best Jigen's I've seen.  Though...will the cons let you keep real cigs or do you have to get candy cigs or fake ones inside?  I've always wondered that!  XD
Ah, thanks for all the kind words and favorites. I've always beens surprised at how many people have faved that on on my DA. To answer the questions, I was able to  keep the real cig, but it wasn't lit while inside ever (which is fine since I don't really smoke unless it's for a picture )
Groovy!

__SUPERMAN__

• [Member]
  • i love lupin
    • Lupin the 3rd Italian
« Reply #42 on: April 07, 2009, 03:23:53 am »
To dye a blazer/jacket, here are some tips:
_material: coton only -> beware at the thread, if it's polyester it won't work
_tincture: I used the one from Dylon, they sell bright colors, probably also in Italy
_washing machine at 40 degree
And...good luck!
I'm eager to see your cosplay finished!
...Green Lupin is waiting you with his gun ready to shoot.  8)

so i don't find red jacket and white jacket uff... i must buy it for the 19/04... because there is Torino Comics... uff :'( :'(

mizducky

• [Member]
  • "Go on punk, make my day."
    • Personal website
« Reply #43 on: April 07, 2009, 07:34:58 am »
I scoured second-hand clothing stores to find my red jacket. It's actually a man-tailored woman's jacket. In the real world, men's jackets in bright primary colors are relatively scarce. ;D

(The jacket was a real find in more ways than one. It's a damn nice jacket. Pure wool, fully lined, really well tailored. And ... damn easy to get overheated in. If I'm going to cosplay in that jacket at San Diego Comic-con, I'm going to have to find a friendly hotel room I can borrow long enough to costume up in, because I am NOT wearing that rig outdoors in the SoCal July heat.  :D )
« Last Edit: April 07, 2009, 07:46:19 am by mizducky »
Lupin fanfic work-in-progress: "Fun and Thieving in Las Vegas"
http://www.mizducky.com/churchofwhoopie/2008/08/fun-and-thievin.html

Sad cactus

« Reply #44 on: April 07, 2009, 11:45:18 am »
In the real world, men's jackets in bright primary colors are relatively scarce. 

I know, right?! >< One time I walked into a store and looked at the jackets: black, black, black, black black, black, black, black, BROWN!!! ---black black, black, gray, black, etc. I agree with you, large women's jackets are the way to go. XD Thankfully, dark blue and black men's shirts are abundant--but not solid-color ties. What's with guys and striped/polka-dot, etc. ties? X_X