Author Topic: Lupin family  (Read 11651 times)

djcj

• Part of the Gang
Lupin family
« on: August 21, 2013, 06:40:36 pm »
In the anime series Aria the Scarlet Ammo there's a character who is a descendant of Arsene Lupin and whose full name is Riko Mine Lupin IV. I wonder about the "Mine" in her name. Sounds a bit like she might be the daughter of Lupin III and Mine Fujiko. What do you think?

Also, I found an interresting family tree of the Lupin family here: http://www.coolfrenchcomics.com/wnu0c.htm
The son of Arsene Lupin and Clarisse d'Etigues is Jean Lupin. That could be Lupin's father, Lupin II. It's also interresting to see that Lupin III is a distant relative to Bob Morane and Napoleon Bonaparte.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2013, 06:41:41 pm by djcj »

FilmmakerJ

Re: Lupin family
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2013, 06:57:56 pm »
It's also interresting to see that Lupin III is a distant relative to Bob Morane and Napoleon Bonaparte.

Then that means he met his own descendant in "The Mystery of Mamo" when he saw Napoleon in Mamo's island fortress.

SolHerald

• Part of the Gang
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2013, 07:26:33 pm »
In the anime series Aria the Scarlet Ammo there's a character who is a descendant of Arsene Lupin and whose full name is Riko Mine Lupin IV. I wonder about the "Mine" in her name. Sounds a bit like she might be the daughter of Lupin III and Mine Fujiko. What do you think?

Also, I found an interresting family tree of the Lupin family here: http://www.coolfrenchcomics.com/wnu0c.htm
The son of Arsene Lupin and Clarisse d'Etigues is Jean Lupin. That could be Lupin's father, Lupin II. It's also interresting to see that Lupin III is a distant relative to Bob Morane and Napoleon Bonaparte.

Well, for Riko Mine Lupin IV according to the Hidan no Aria Wiki, her name is simply a tribute, but Fujiko's wiki and Aria the Scarlet Ammo's tvtropes pages suggests that Lupin and Fujiko had a child.
http://hidannoaria.wikia.com/wiki/Riko_Mine
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fujiko_Mine
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/LightNovel/AriaTheScarletAmmo?from=Main.HidanNoAria (under Shout Out if you want to read it for yourself)

JayAukie

• Part of the Gang
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2013, 07:56:49 pm »
It's also interesting that Sherlock Holmes  brother Mycroft  Married a cousin of the original Lupin

djcj

• Part of the Gang
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2013, 04:31:21 am »
Well, for Riko Mine Lupin IV according to the Hidan no Aria Wiki, her name is simply a tribute, but Fujiko's wiki and Aria the Scarlet Ammo's tvtropes pages suggests that Lupin and Fujiko had a child.
So Riko might be the sister of Lupin Jr.

Arsene Lupin Sansei

• Part of the Gang
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2013, 11:07:10 am »
So Riko might be the sister of Lupin Jr.
Not quite.

Because Riko is a Lupin, she must be a descendant of the original Arsene.  Because her mother's name was Mine (chosen in Homage to the Lupin III character),  it becomes a reasonable inference that her parents are Lupin III and Fujiko Mine. 

'Child' is a gender-neutral term for offspring.  Based on her behavior, I am convinced she's my and Fuji's lovechild.  (And the torture made her a little like Radical Edward of Bebop)

Kid Lupin Jr.

• Part of the Gang
  • I'm Back~!!!
    • [Lupin Maniac]
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2013, 06:11:07 pm »

When u think about it, maybe that's y the Lupin family always treasures Napoleon's Dictionary so much until Lupin II stupidly tried to hand over the dictionary of his family's history to his landlord as collateral. :P I feel that Lupin II could have been a big disappointment to the Lupin family, but in the end, he become a big influence on Lupin III's life as a thief and a hero. Maybe Jean Lupin could be Arsene Lupin II's brother. In the Lupin III franchise and Arsene Lupin novels, it has been mentioned that Arsene made it with different women from different corners of the world and had many different children including a Japanese woman to get Lupin II and also the same woman who had hidden the dictionary from Arsene out of a fit of jealousy during his "party days" of fine wine, money, and women. 
LUPIN~!!!
LUPIN~!!!
LUPIN~!!!

Red Dear

• Lupin The Third analyst and crazy penciller
  • Part of the Gang
    • DeviantArt gallery
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2013, 04:41:55 pm »
Just throwing a piece of information to add more to the Napoleon connection:

One of Arsene Lupin's ancestors was a general in the napoleonian army.
He even met the Emperor in person.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2013, 03:29:50 am by Red Dear »
Time to play the game, time to get a chance !

djcj

• Part of the Gang
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2013, 07:57:05 pm »
Just realized that D'Artagnan is the father-in-law of Louise Lupin, who is Arsene Lupin's great-great-aunt (if I'm not mistaken).

One of Ars
This forum has problems with the french e accent aigue.

edit:

Last year I made a small family tree (I don't have it any more) about Lupin III with the few informations I knew from the Lupin franchise, including Lupin III Jr. and descendants like Lupin the 13th.
It also included two family tree twigs of possible relatives from two TV specials.
(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 01, 2013, 08:19:29 pm by djcj »

Mr.Lupin

• Old-school Superfan
« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2013, 06:10:53 pm »
Just realized that D'Artagnan is the father-in-law of Louise Lupin, who is Arsene Lupin's great-great-aunt (if I'm not mistaken).

One of Ars
This forum has problems with the french e accent aigue.

edit:

Last year I made a small family tree (I don't have it any more) about Lupin III with the few informations I knew from the Lupin franchise, including Lupin III Jr. and descendants like Lupin the 13th.
It also included two family tree twigs of possible relatives from two TV specials.
(click to show/hide)

Yes,  I recall posting that info , It was strongly implicated in the dialogue that the Italian Don (name escapes me ) was Arsene Lupin , this explains his calling Lupin III , "baby", it explains Lupin's reverence for him , and their resemblances to each other , and why Lupin would feel obligated to take on his deathbed wish.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2013, 06:11:56 pm by Mr.Lupin »

Lupin34

• Part of the Gang
« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2013, 06:31:32 pm »
I was reading the first collection of Arsene Lupin stories, and there was this story where Lupin was disguised at a party and he told a story. It was an entertaining story about his childhood, except I don't believe his name was Lupin and it's implied that Arsene Lupin is an alias. Of course that story would be retconned or altered if anyone took it into account for Lupin III, just thought it would make some nice trivia

DrFurball

• Just Stupidly Unfunny Enough
  • Part of the Gang
  • The hero of today, yeah!
« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2013, 02:55:10 am »
Interesting that you should mention that, since there's at least one manga chapter that suggests that Lupin III might not be Arsene Lupin's descendant.
Ceci n'est pas une signature.
Weird in a Can! (Updates weekdays)

KiraM2345

• Part of the Gang
  • I am your Sapphire Angel- my Lupin OC Kira <3
« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2014, 01:49:59 pm »
Hey there,

Just a bit shocked in this case that Fujiko and Lupin have a daughter...Riko reminds me more of Sailor Moon lol. But either way, I thought these 2 had been careful most of the times they slept together. Oh well...thats just a surprise.

Ciao for now,
Rachael