Author Topic: A Lupin III Fanvideo poking fun at/reenacting a part of Voyage to Danger.  (Read 7703 times)

Ishikawa Goemon

• Part of the Gang
  • Derpin' along.
...Attempted by my good friend and I, out of boredom, on December 31st, 2008. If you haven't seen Voyage to Danger, OR don't remember the scene between Keith and Goemon, this video probably won't make much sense. I advise you to watch that scene again for things to make just a little more sense. Or, just remember that Goemon's big toe can inexplicably make things fly, with enough pressure.

There's a little bit of that Youtube Poopery quality in this video, you'll find... if you aren't familiar with a Youtube Poop, it's essentially a bunch of random footage and/or sound effects slapped together, and sometimes, with sentence mixing. Nothing that complex here. Just some ill-placed music. The quick, jarring moment you'll see towards the end was inspired by KaiserNeko, who most here would identify as the Lupin Abridged dude.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jmbs8ecBKcY

And yeah, don't worry, I'm painfully aware of my funny-sounding voice. : x It's really not the 'good' sort of funny, either. Made in Windows Mooooooovie Maker.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2009, 04:42:00 pm by Ishikawa Goemon »
Lupin will look up and shout, "Save us, plot-device!", and I'll look down and whisper, "No".

Sad cactus

Wow, that's hardcore! ^^ Sounds painful, though. I guess because Goemon is Goemon, he can do anything, right? Or at least his big toe has the strength of ten men..or something. Anyway, great video, and bang-up cosplay! ^^

Ishikawa Goemon

• Part of the Gang
  • Derpin' along.
Lol, thank you. Of course, he probably would only be able to flip it up and hit his own shin at best, but... that's not ambitious enough. XD

Glad you enjoyed it. Was a bit nervous as to what sort of reaction my friend and I would get for being goofballs.
Lupin will look up and shout, "Save us, plot-device!", and I'll look down and whisper, "No".

Sad cactus

Glad you enjoyed it. Was a bit nervous as to what sort of reaction my friend and I would get for being goofballs.

Humor brings smiles and joy, right? ^^ Do you have other Goemon-related videos? ^^

Ishikawa Goemon

• Part of the Gang
  • Derpin' along.
Well, not other partly "live-action" ones. Not yet, at least.

Sad cactus

Aw...: ( If you make any more, will be glad to see them! ^__^

Ishikawa Goemon

• Part of the Gang
  • Derpin' along.
like it!
You are a great Goemon cosplayer!

Thank you kindly. However, I think it's best that I don't say anything at all in the future, in terms of a script. :D For better and for worse, I don't sound remotely like him.

Sad cactus

oO Wouldn't that be a little disturbing if you sounded like him, considering the gender difference? ^^;;;

Ishikawa Goemon

• Part of the Gang
  • Derpin' along.
oO Wouldn't that be a little disturbing if you sounded like him, considering the gender difference? ^^;;;

Yeah, hence I said it's 'for the better' that I don't. :) It's in a cosplay situation where I mostly feel embarrassed by my high-pitched voice that's horribly ill-fitting. At the same time, I've been mistaken as 'samurai chick' one year, so... XD

Sad cactus

Aw...: ( Don't feel embarassed! In the video, you convey the aura of Goemon, so doesn't that compensate? ^^ Cosplayers should cosplay whoever they feel like, whether their voice fits it or not. ^^ "Samurai chick"? But considering how unpopular Goemon is, that just wouldn't be a gender issue, right? oO

Ishikawa Goemon

• Part of the Gang
  • Derpin' along.
Re: A Lupin III Fanvideo poking fun at/reenacting a part of Voyage to Danger.
« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2009, 06:03:45 pm »
Aw...: ( Don't feel embarassed! In the video, you convey the aura of Goemon, so doesn't that compensate? ^^ Cosplayers should cosplay whoever they feel like, whether their voice fits it or not. ^^
Pretty true... let's keep doors open, folks. :) I did see a female Lupin last year, so that was great, bumping into her.

"Samurai chick"? But considering how unpopular Goemon is, that just wouldn't be a gender issue, right? oO
It was mostly due to Lupin III being an unpopular series, I'm sure. :) But, it's just that sort of thing that makes me long for rounding up a group of cosplayers around here for May.

Sad cactus

« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2009, 06:14:54 pm »
Pretty true... let's keep doors open, folks.  I did see a female Lupin last year, so that was great, bumping into her.

Indeed! ^__^ Lupin cross-players unite! Or something. ^^;

It was mostly due to Lupin III being an unpopular series, I'm sure.  But, it's just that sort of thing that makes me long for rounding up a group of cosplayers around here for May.

Have fun! ^^ Keep the Lupin gang alive! ^^

Sad cactus

« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2009, 09:15:49 pm »
I could says the same if I try to talk like Yasuo...
But I'll have his horrible non-English speaker accent if I try ^^;

Aw, don't be so self-conscious! : ( Have you heard of the Hellsing cosplay group Murder Club? I think they're Belgian, and they make their videos in English all the time. Naturally they have an accent, but oO everyone has an accent. The main thing is to get your point across and be understood. ^^

Gozar

• Part of the Gang
    • Otaku in a Bottle
« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2009, 01:10:43 am »
I thought it was great. I've actually wanted to do a goofy little Lupin video of my own. Maybe one day.

Ishikawa Goemon

• Part of the Gang
  • Derpin' along.
« Reply #14 on: January 26, 2009, 02:15:14 am »
I thought it was great. I've actually wanted to do a goofy little Lupin video of my own. Maybe one day.

Thanks. All it really takes, in the end, is having time on one's hands. :P