Author Topic: Show us your Lupin III goods stash!  (Read 30948 times)

banishedprince

Show us your Lupin III goods stash!
« on: February 03, 2009, 12:59:06 pm »
(banishedprince, being a sourpuss at the time, deleted all her old posts, including this one.)
« Last Edit: December 20, 2009, 03:36:38 pm by Lupin the Third »

Ishikawa Goemon

• Part of the Gang
  • Derpin' along.
Re: Lupin's collection
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2009, 02:39:11 pm »
Holy smokes, that's a pretty dang impressive collection - must have been expensive, too.

Inspired by this thread, I took a few shots of my own stash with the webcam, though the quality isn't the best. Not shown is the small collection of World's Most Wanted manga I have.
(click to show/hide)

Yup - lots of 'Mon stuff. Surprising. I won't rest until I have one of those PansonWorks figures, though.
Lupin will look up and shout, "Save us, plot-device!", and I'll look down and whisper, "No".

Sad cactus

« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2009, 02:59:14 pm »
banished prince: OO Holy crap, that's MASSIVE. OO Congratulations on having obtained that much Lupin goodness. ^__^

Goemon: Now we all know where all the Goemon plushies went! ^__^ XD

I still don't know how to take pictures and put them on the computer, so I'll just list my collection. ^^;;;

Strange Psychokinetic Strategy

Voyage to Danger
Voyage to Danger (German)
Secret of Twilight Gemini
Farewell to Nostradamus
Farewell to Nostradamus (German)
Dead or Alive
Crisis in Tokyo
Dragon of Doom
Pursuit of Harimao's Treasure
Pursuit of Harimao's Treasure (German)
Lupin the 3rd Final Haul

Castle of Cagliostro (Manga Entertainment)
Fuma Conspiracy
Legend of Gold of Babylon (VHS)
Greatest Capers (ep. 144 (?) and 155)

Lupin the 3rd Part II vol. 1-15 (79 episodes)
Lupin the 3rd Part II (French) (52 episodes)

Lupin III Part III vol. 1-5 (50 episodes)

Episode 0
Alcatraz Connection

Lupin III OST
Sideburn Club Mix
Lupin the Jazz

Lupin III World's Most Wanted vol. 8, 9, 11

Arsene Lupin (1974) (3 discs and a lot of episodes)
Arsene Lupin (2004)

1st series Fujiko with yellow can
set of 2nd series Lupin (posing as a work of art), Jigen (shooting while hat flies off), Fujiko, (sitting on a bench) Goemon (slicing a haystack with Zantetsuken)
figure of Lupin in chair
figure of Zenigata in chair
large Zenigata figure (2nd series)
large Zenigata figure (40th anniversary)

Zenigata cell phone strap

Banpresto Zenigata plushie (1992)
Banpresto Lupin plushie (1999)
Banpresto Jigen plushie (1999)
Banpresto Zenigata plushie (1999)

« Last Edit: February 03, 2009, 03:01:50 pm by Sad cactus »

Sad cactus

« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2009, 10:35:24 am »
the Lupin figure with his motorbike figure was around 35 dollars if I remember well.

That's pretty intennse! ^^ I am a DVD junkie but probably would draw the line at a 40 dollar figure. ^^ So it all balances out. ^^

DP (French DVD editor) was selling of most of their releases so I paid the TV specials around 6 USD each,

Now there's a sweet deal. ^__^ Domestic releases here are 29 to 32 USD, but they can get marked down all the way down to 5, and therre are sales. New volumes of the TV series were priced about 20, but sometimes they went as low as 15. On the other hand, CDs (in general, not Lupin) can be bought for 10. Sadly, there was no box set of the 2nd series here, so I had to hunt for each of them. ^^;;

106 USD (with shipping from Japan) for  "Green vs Red" collector version
O_O WOW. That's 40 dollars more than the regular TV specials. You are definitely the GvR girl. ^^

ow, your collection sounds impressive too. You beat me very easily with all the DVD's! Since you have both the  French and USA version of the second serie, which one do you like the most?

It's hard to beat the Epcar and Tony Oliver. XD Actually, let me list each version according to preference, from most favorite to least. ^^;
If I only list the part II versions, my answer will be very biased, so I'll stack them all up, including ones that I've only seen online. ^^

Lupin III Part II (English) <---and that is in no way because my native language is English. It's just because of the voices. ^__^
Lupin III all (Italian, old)
Lupin the 3rd TV special (German)
Lupin sansei all (Japanese, old)
Lupin III Cagliostro (French)
Lupin sansei TV special (Japanese, new)
Lupin III Cagliostro (English, Manga Entertainment)
Lupin III Strange Psychokinetic Strategy
Lupin III TV special (Italian, new)
Lupin III TV special (English)
Lupin III Greatest Capers (English, Streamline?)
Lupin III Part II (French)]
Lupan sansei pilot (Japanese)
Lupan sansei Fuma Conspiracy (Japanese)
Lupin III Part II (Spanish)
Lupin sansei Part I (Japanese)
Lupin III TV special (Russian, unlicensed)
Rupan III Fuma Consiracy (English)

Okay, now as to explain why I don't like the French version of part II as much. I liked Lupin, Goemon, Fujiko, and Zenigata. It was an edgy Zenigata, too, not a  clean-cut-and-righteous one. ^__^ French Lupin made me scratch my head at first because his voice was so low, but he grew on me. Goemon was Goemon, i.e good. ^^   It's hard to make Fujiko sound "right", so kudos to the French version for that.The one who put part II so low on my list was..Jigen....

X___X

Every time he opened his mouth I felt my ears were bleeding. I don't care if he LOOKS like he's a nasal tenor and a crusty ex-mobster. To give him such a voice ignores the other aspects of his character. And all romanticisms aside, my ears hurt listening to his voice. But anyway, if not for Jigen, I would have rated part II a lot higher. : (

Cagliostro in French on the other hand, is gorgeous!!!! ^__^ : ( I wish they used that cast more often.

But Part II in French isn't alone in my least favorites. And as far as voices go, Part II Jigen is one of the BETTER ones, terrifyingly enough. OO
And now, starting with most tolerable:

1. Cagliostro Jigen (English, Manga Entertainment)
2. Part II Jigen (French)
3,,Part II Nina? Mina? ("Games of Chance") (English)
4. Part II "Inspector, the transport has arrived" guy ("But your brother was such a nice guy") (English)
5.Part I Fujiko (Japanese) (BEWARE FIVE-YEAR OLD FUJIKO!!!)
6. TV special the orgone-energy-obsessed mad scientist (Columbus Files) (Engilsh)
7.The_entire_English_cast_of_Fuma_Conspiracy (What is up with Zenigata sounding like a meathead? ><)

« Last Edit: February 04, 2009, 10:46:12 am by Sad cactus »

Ishikawa Goemon

• Part of the Gang
  • Derpin' along.
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2009, 11:02:15 am »
Goemon> your big Goemon figure is beautiful, from which collection is it?

Bigmon is part of Banpresto's more recent Stylish figures. They released another 'Mon not too long ago, with a similar pose, except with his first season design, and with one arm inside his keikogi.
Lupin will look up and shout, "Save us, plot-device!", and I'll look down and whisper, "No".

hentaifreak

• [Member]
  • One of my secret underground hideouts.
    • Master Thief Club
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2009, 01:01:07 pm »
Don't ask about the second season TV stuff - you can already guess.  ::) My lips are sealed.[/spoiler]
*cough cough* yeah I totally don't own all three series that way...
Groovy!

Sad cactus

« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2009, 12:53:47 am »
I'll reply with my teeth clenched that it is still nothing compared to the bills that I need to pay each month.

Right, of course. OO;;;;;  : (

the French version is the one from my childhood, so when I heard first Lupin in the Japanese version I though he was too high pitched! Now I'm ok with his Japanese voice, except when he sounds like an annoying kid (Angel's tactic/seven days rapsody). Lupin voice in French match with the "lover" side of the character for us. Then for Jigen, he has an all broken voice that match with the "drink and smoke too much" type of dude. In my opinion, it is not so bad. But... I admit that I couldn't watch most of the TV special in French because of the voices. The worst for me was Operation: diamond. They did a great job with the translation...but...rargh...the result sounds like any of the other cheap kid's cartoons. I am ok if it's the case for the old series...but this special has more in it than just a normal kid's cartoon...It kills all the depth of i

Unfotunately, Yasuo Yamada passed away and he was replaced by someone who needs to fill very big shoes. Of what I've listened to of other characters who are associated with monkeys he's kept a very monkey-ish voice in Japan, and it seems like with Kurita Kanichi (?), his voice has gotten ever higher. ^^; Yeah, that was the impression that I got, that French Lupin is more of the lover side. French Jigen's voice is realistic, in that his voice would most likely be broken. But then you've got two characters with broken voices, and Jigen is a lot classier than Zenigata. But you're right, if Jigen were a real person, he would sound pretty unpleasant. I concede: French Jigen is realistic.

I keep forgetting what Operation: Diamond is. Are they using a different cast for the French version for the TV specials?

angelidollinda

• Part of the Gang
  • I believe in the power of the thief!
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2009, 01:23:13 am »
Wow, you guys have a lot of merch! I still have a ways to go, collection-wise... (I just bid on this not too long ago: http://www.rinkya.com/twview.pl?URL=http://page6.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/f71067748 here's hoping I win it!)

By the way banished, is that Monkey Punch's real autograph?
Les temps sont durs pour les r

Sad cactus

« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2009, 01:30:48 am »
EEEEEEEEE!!!!! O___O

Best of luck to you that you win it!!!! OMG it's ZENI!!!!

Inspector Zenigata

• Part of the Gang
  • Lupin Doujinshi Collector
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2009, 11:55:29 pm »
everyone's got a nice Lupin Collection i got post mine  :-X

Gozar

• Part of the Gang
    • Otaku in a Bottle
« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2009, 01:26:02 am »
On the subject of the Seiyuu...It's true that Kurita brought Lupin's voice a bit higher than Yamada's, but he still gives a damn good impression. I think the heightened pitch in the voice comes from the fact that most of the Specials are fairly light hearted so he decided to up to pitch a bit. I've never heard French Lupin so I cannot comment on his more "Lover" feel.

As for Jigen...I see what you're saying about a gruffer voice. But actually my Dad's 49 years old and has been smoking heavily since he was a teenager. His voice isn't broken, so an unbroken voice isn't unrealistic.

I'll post pics of my Lupin collection tomorrow.

Jo

• Part of the Gang
  • natto mmm.
    • I am a vegan. Except on half price wing night.
« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2009, 02:39:15 am »
On an unrelated note, I just realized the forum went back to normal.... For the last week I was wondering why the fonts all seemed so much smaller, then BAM right in the top right corner is the tiny news box is my explanation.

I don't keep a lot of my childhood things with me at my apartment, so as of current my collection remains split. What I have with me consists of just the manga, Cagliostro DVD and the Haul sets that I suckered my parents into buying because they were in slim cases and therefore easier to hide then a bunch of chunky VHS' and DVDs xD (Yes, I keep my fandom hidden from my friends.)

Unpictured (off the top of my head & DVD unless otherwise stated - Starred are my dad's not mine ._.)
First TV Series (VHS)*
Hemingway Papers
From Russia with Love
Mystery of Mamo
Fuma Conspiracy (VHS)*
Episode Zero
Cagliostro (VHS)*
Alcatraz Connection
4 misc manga volumes in English

And uh pictured stuff that I stow away. Taken with my phone so the quality is pretty meh.

Lupin III Manga Database[Scanlations and such are here]

Sad cactus

« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2009, 03:23:09 am »
How is From Russia With Love? ^_^

mc_carter

• [Member]
« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2009, 02:07:14 am »
On the voice thing, The lady that owns the Izakaya by my house said that when Yasuo Yamada died she stopped watching Lupin because the new guy wasn't the same. But I like em both Kanichi Kurita does get a bit over the top at times though.

Everyone has incredibly unique Lupin collections I'll post mine sometime.

and finally From Russia With Love I liked  it but didnt love it.

Gozar

• Part of the Gang
    • Otaku in a Bottle
« Reply #14 on: February 07, 2009, 02:09:49 am »
On the voice thing, The lady that owns the Izakaya by my house said that when Yasuo Yamada died she stopped watching Lupin because the new guy wasn't the same. But I like em both Kanichi Kurita does get a bit over the top at times though.
I think it took him a year to fully get into the role. When I watch Harimao's Treasure and Nostradamus it sounds a bit off. But once you get to 1996-1997 he starts to get more comfortable I think.