Author Topic: Interesting Find  (Read 3094 times)

RedTail

Interesting Find
« on: January 23, 2007, 11:51:40 pm »
Lupin III: The Mystery of Mamo Video Comic Theater

Or so this guy has titled it...  His description isn't so great, but he makes it sound like it's subbed or at least has a script translation in the book.  Hardly worth it at $191, but interesting nonetheless.

If anyone is foolish enough to shell out that kind of cash for this, NTSC-J VHS are compatible w/ your average VCR.  You'd be able to play it.

Reed

• Lazy Site Admin
  • Cliff Hanger
  • Site Admin
    • http://www.lupinthethird.com
Interesting Find
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2007, 12:22:59 am »
There's one of these for Streamline's version of Castle of Cagliostro, so I presume this is also the Streamline Mamo dub on VHS with translation guidance in the textbook. For those who haven't seen it before, it's basically an English language tutorial which uses the Mamo dub for reference.

You see these every so often on Yahoo! Auctions Japan.
-R. Nelson

Cliff

• Part of the Gang
    • Bionic Monkey
Interesting Find
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2007, 02:29:48 am »
It's streamline.  Got the info straight from the seller:
------------------------------------------------------------

> I'm curious which English dub this tape uses. (there are currently 4 different ones)

The English dub is produced and directed by ?Carl Macek.?  The dialogue is written by Ardwight Chamberlain.  The voice talents are Bob Bergen, David Povall, Steve Kramer, Steve Bulen, Robert Axelrod, Edie Mirman, Michael Forest, and Jeff Winkless.

> Any chance you can provide a transcript of the first line or two so I can match it?

00:19: Post mortem complete. Subject is identified as Lupin III aka ?Wolf?. Probability of error ? Zero. But ? Nobody?s Perfect ?

Zenigata: The coroner?s report came over the telex from Transylvania. They?ve performed an autopsy on the prisoner they?ve hanged ? fingerprints, dental records, the whole ball of was. The report left no doubt whatsoever that the dead man was the real Lupin the third. But I wasn?t buying? it ? not until I?d seen his cold, stiff body with my own eyes.

01:53: In the basement

Zenigata: Heh heh heh ? Who d? ya think you are? Count Dracula? Well, I read the book, and Dracula gets his in the end, just like you?re gonna get yours! Here! Lemme treat ya to a nice  stake dinner!! Eh?

> Also, what year was the tape produced?

This VHS box was produced and released on November 20, 1995, Japan.  The box published by LINGUAPHONE.

Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Thank you again for contacting me.

gacktoda22,