Author Topic: The Voice of Zenigata! (2nd Series)  (Read 3038 times)

Fujikogirl23

• The Curiously Curious
  • Part of the Gang
  • "My head is full of ideas, that's why I'm crazy!"
The Voice of Zenigata! (2nd Series)
« on: March 10, 2009, 10:07:24 pm »
Ok, I was just finished watching a show yesterday and afterwards this soap opera came on. When I was about to change to channel, low and behold, I saw the voice of Zenigata, himself! So, I had to hear what he naturally sounds like to see if there's any comparison: none really to my surprise! OO But, yes, everyone. This is THE Jake Martin we've been hearing about! Also known as Dan Martin. If you notice, he's also one of the same guys that chase Eddie Murphy in Beverly Hills Cop 3; only I was disappointed to not ever hear him talk at all in that movie. :(

He's the guy that says: "Charles, you check it out. You, stay put." In 1:20 of the episode when it starts off.

It's pretty amazing that someone in his voice was able to pull off the goofy, funny sounding voice of our favorite inspector in a higher pitch. This guy's really got some talent. If you don't believe me, just look at the credits by going pass the last dot in the playback bar. They'll annoy you w/ those ads, so it'll take about 30 seconds to get to the credits. But, when you do, pause it and you'll see his name at the top. I'm still amazed that this guy was able to pull it off!

http://www.cbs.com/daytime/the_bold_and_the_beautiful/video/video.php?cid=577334295&pid=GzWRx_JuhR_SLZUPvPA9kkeeqo42KIm0&play=true&cc=0

Sad cactus

Re: The Voice of Zenigata! (2nd Series)
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2009, 10:53:38 pm »
That is AWESOME! ^___^ I've been trying to find clips in which he's in but he's pretty obscure. You must be glad that you didn't change the channel. ^__^ The difference between them is mind-boggling. Oo Which would mean that Jake Martin does a lot to get at Zenigata's voice. Heightens his pitch, runs his syllables together, makes it sound like he's talking out of the side of his mouth, and roughens his voice. Thanks a lot for finding the legend himself. ^__^

Fujikogirl23

• The Curiously Curious
  • Part of the Gang
  • "My head is full of ideas, that's why I'm crazy!"
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2009, 11:36:24 pm »
No prob.  :)  I've been trying to catch him, myself, for quite some time. I know. It's hard to catch his voice, but to finally hear it was mind-blowing to me. How was it that someone like him could make his naturally deep voice turn into that?! Like I said, he's got some REAL talent!

Sad cactus

« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2009, 11:45:07 pm »
[quote[No prob.    I've been trying to catch him, myself, for quite some time. I know. It's hard to catch his voice, but to finally hear it was mind-blowing to me. How was it that someone like him could make his naturally deep voice turn into that?! Like I said, he's got some REAL talent! [/quote]

Oh, yeah, deifnitely. ^__^ His voice even sounds different when he voices other characters in the 2nd series--"Royal Scramble": if he's not the red-haired thug in Tatsumaki's (?) gang, I would be surprised. And the drunk doctor in "But Your Brother Was Such a Nice Guy". Now these are all uncredited, but the voice sounds very similar. But this one is such a great find because it sounds nothing like Zenigata !^__^

Lupus Zeniga

• Part of the Gang
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2017, 06:58:57 am »
Jake Martin deserves more recognition and love. His Zenigata voice was pretty impressive IMO.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2017, 06:29:35 am by Lupus Zeniga »

mikezilla2

• Part of the Gang
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2017, 10:09:16 am »
hes Retired isnt he ?