Author Topic: Castle of Cagliostro - Streamline Dub Ending  (Read 11001 times)

Reed

• Lazy Site Admin
  • Cliff Hanger
  • Site Admin
    • http://www.lupinthethird.com
Re: Castle of Cagliostro - Streamline Dub Ending
« Reply #15 on: September 17, 2011, 04:26:20 pm »
I only wanted to write what I had personally seen and felt as I watched it, before reading what someone else did, even if that other person said very similar things. That's all.

If I thought I'd be writing as much as Carl Horn did, I would have read his rant before writing mine, lest I post a near copy to his and waste a hell of a lot of space.

That's fair reasoning.

KouichiZenigata: I listened to a part of your podcast this morning and wanted to comment that the Manga dub has a similar problem. It's nowhere near as pronounced, but not once do they pronounce "Cagliostro" correctly. It's always either "CAL-ee-oh-stro" or "Cah-lee-AW-stro." Never is it called "CAH-lee-OH-stro." I think there's once where someone sounds like the MIGHT be saying it right, but it still sounds a bit off, IIRC.

Not that I cheer Carl's dub on this point ("CAG-lee-OH-stro" bothers me a lot, too), but at least it was consistent in its wrongness!
-R. Nelson

veggie 11

• Part of the Gang
    • My blogs
Re: Castle of Cagliostro - Streamline Dub Ending
« Reply #16 on: September 19, 2011, 03:11:42 am »
Like I said earlier, I found some of Streamline voices (Lupin, Jigen, Zenigata) as in the Manga Entertainment dub. Jigen has not already a interesting role in 'Cagliostro', so if he too has a horrible voice like in the 2000 dub...

It seems 'Cagliostro' has problems to be well dubbed in English, isn'it?  ??? The two dubs have translation problems or voices problems... If I compare to the French, Italian or French dubs, the two English dubs are a bit weak for a movie like 'Cagliostro'. Even the Spanish dubs (from 1980 and 1996) are better (even if they weren't great)...

That's just my opinion...
But why Miyazaki was so obsessed to draw this horrible fringle to Jigen in EVERY Lupin anime he did?
-----------------------------------------
I decided to strike for the recognition of Jigen, Goemon and Fujiko's sacrifice in The Castle of Cagliostro