Author Topic: Can Someone Help Me Find More Lupin III?  (Read 13100 times)

alljackets67

• [Member]
Can Someone Help Me Find More Lupin III?
« on: April 20, 2009, 09:07:33 pm »
I'm a huge Lupin the Third fan, but recently I've been unable to find any of Lupin the Third TV box sets. I have all of the Geneon DVDs as well as the mainstream Lupin DVDs. Though, the problem is that my mom does not like buying from any other websites besides Amazon and ebay. :P I had found one site that was set up by various anime fans that carried the box sets, but my mom didn't trust it scince it was made by fans. So if you could give me any lead to where I can find some of the TV box sets, I would greatly appreciate it.

angelidollinda

• Part of the Gang
  • I believe in the power of the thief!
Re: Can Someone Help Me Find More Lupin III?
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2009, 09:08:50 pm »
What site was this?
Les temps sont durs pour les r

alljackets67

• [Member]
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2009, 09:19:36 pm »
I can't remember the name sadly. Though, I actually just found a site that carries the all of the red jacket and pink jacket series while I was seeing if I remembered the name. Sorry.

Zoo Station

• [Member]
    • The Fedora Chronicles
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2009, 02:30:05 pm »
Like others have mentioned, by VERY careful about what you buy and who you buy it from. There are a lot of bootleggers out there so make sure that anything you find is an actual copy.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2009, 02:32:42 pm by Zoo Station »

alljackets67

• [Member]
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2009, 05:56:35 pm »
Is (bootleg site) a bootleg site?
« Last Edit: August 08, 2009, 07:49:22 pm by Lupin the Third »

alljackets67

• [Member]
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2009, 04:53:34 am »
I know that this is kind of old to be posting in, but I figured that this would be a more appropriate place to ask some opinions. I'm about to buy either the Lupin III Vol. 2 soundtrack or Lupin the Third The Original- New Mix 2005. I don't know which would be better, since the New Mix is mainly opening and closing themes and Vol. 2 has all of the theme songs! I would really appreciate some suggestions on what to buy. Thank you. =)

Geist_MD

• Boogie Woogie Loog Shugie!
  • [Member]
  • The Coiled Shuffler
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2009, 08:14:18 am »
Well honestly, I'm surprised this hasn't been mentioned, but have you tried Amazon.jp? There's going to be a language barrier and some shipping specifications for sure, but I'm also certain something can be worked out.
1-888-SPY-HARD

alljackets67

• [Member]
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2009, 01:43:02 pm »
I would use Amazon.jp, but my mom would instantly say no since it's all in japanese. I'm actually going to buy the Mamo OST now, but I don't know if I should get the Vol. 1 or 2 OST along with it, or the final haul box set (I already have Crisis in Tokyo and Nostradamous which is why I'm unsure with the final haul.) Sorry about all these indecisions. =(

Sad cactus

« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2009, 04:55:06 pm »
Have you tried CDJapan? It's all in English.

alljackets67

• [Member]
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2009, 05:41:54 pm »
Thank you so much! This is perfect! So much cheeper than Amazon. =D

Ah! Dilemma! If you had to pick either Vol. 1 OST, Vol. 2 OST, Pink Jacket OST, or Babylon OST, which would you choose to buy? I still can't decide! =( This is going to be my last Lupin purchase so that I can start saving my money for Dragon Con and AWA and I want to make this last purchase count. Please post your opinions.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2009, 11:33:18 pm by Geist_MD »

Sad cactus

« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2009, 08:23:17 pm »
Volume 2, definitely. I mean, I love "Sexy Adventure" from Pink Jacket but some of the music isn't as grabbing as 2nd series. I would also suggest Babylon--doesn't that have "Manhattan Joke"? That's pretty much one of the best songs ever. ^^ I have the series 2 OST, and that has all the character themes--I don't know if it's the same thing for OST 3 and Babylon.

alljackets67

• [Member]
« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2009, 10:34:49 am »
OST 3 is pretty plain besides "Love is Everything" and "Lupin III '80" (in my opinion) and Babylon has some theme variations from the late '70's soundtracks towards the end of it. Babylon does have "Manhattan Joke", but it's the opening and ending versions on the OST, but it also has "Funky Monster Party", "Broadway Circus", and some little things here and there that sound good. Though, the Babylon OST doesn't have the original "Song of Babylon". Vol. 2 is really good and I'm also buying the Mamo OST, so mabye I should get those two.

blackjacket

• Part of the Gang
« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2009, 02:55:37 pm »
I would love to get my hands on the song "C'est la vie", the opening song from Fuma Conspiracy, but the OST is apparently very rare.

Sad cactus

« Reply #13 on: July 01, 2009, 05:12:30 pm »
It's also on Lupin the Best. ^^

alljackets67

• [Member]
« Reply #14 on: July 02, 2009, 12:55:54 pm »
It's also on Lupin the Best. ^^

Is the full version of Lupin Leading (Mamo ending) on there too? I thought it was.

I would love to get my hands on the song "C'est la vie", the opening song from Fuma Conspiracy, but the OST is apparently very rare.

Woah! I didn't know Fuma even had an OST! It's probably on tape and has not been converted to CD. =P