Author Topic: If you worship a character, then I have questions for you ...  (Read 8527 times)

banishedprince

(banishedprince decided to be a baby and delete her old posts and such. So if the thread reads like garbage now, that's why. - admin)
« Last Edit: December 20, 2009, 03:49:07 pm by Lupin the Third »

Ishikawa Goemon

• Part of the Gang
  • Derpin' along.
Re: If you worship a character, then I have questions for you ...
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2009, 09:55:52 am »
Ha, 'worship'? Thankfully Ishikawism isn't a religion - that'd be rather silly.

I somehow get the sense that this might be for a fanfiction, heh... but all well, let's see what we have here.

Goemon:

_which Goemon's design do you like the most? (only one choice)
If you're looking for a special, I would probably go with First Contact; if you're referring to episodes, I will go with his late red jacket look.

Does it sound out of character if:

_Goemon dosen't work with Lupin
Not at all. He has switched sides before, like in Kooky Kabuki for example, where he thought he could relate to the mysterious group of five and their traditionalist attitudes (though of course he came to deeply regret opposing Lupin, and cutting him). In a handful of other occasions, he has been seriously brainwashed into working for the 'enemy' (in one case, he is possessed by his ancestor's ghost).

It's worth noting that if Goemon doesn't work with Lupin, he could always be working with Fujiko... (unless by 'working with Lupin', you also mean the other members of the gang) ...And then there is also the case where he's not involved in a heist because he is either uninterested, or considers it unworthy of his time.

What kind of Goemon scene would you like to see the most if you could be a writer for the serie? (only one)

Hm, this is tough. As much as I would want to see a strong, well-developed friendship with someone of the opposite sex, even a woman closer to his age, that can't be figured out in a single scene.

I suppose I'd be drawn to a duel with high stakes and a tough enemy that tries to screw around with him psychologically, as well, like Jinkuro. It would be the sort of scene where Goemon can't back out even if he wanted to, with lives on the line. Maybe one of those terrible 'who-would-you-rather-save' situations, where either way, he ends up losing someone important to him. :/

As talented as he is, though, he is not all-powerful and invincible.

For that reason, I don't think I would actually mind
(click to show/hide)
so long as he appears in other specials.
(click to show/hide)

Sh, I know, I know, it's blasphemy. I'm very well aware that the idea would be much, much better suited to a fanfiction, and I'd have my head chewed off for throwing people's expectations off like that. Can't
(click to show/hide)
one of the main five - but if he has accomplished something in his struggle, it has meaning. (And even if he doesn't, at least he tried.) Because of the negative impact this would have on the fanbase, it's likely that I wouldn't write it in if I were somehow in charge of planning Goemon's role in a special's plot. It's human vulnerability I'm looking for, in the end - though this level of serious business is best reserved for a samurai flick and not a Lupin special.

While an action sequence is not what I would like to see *most* (I've never actually given thought to what might be, until now), this loyalty, 'fatal' determination, and readiness to give up one's life without regret is what a samurai is all about.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2009, 03:04:21 pm by Ishikawa Goemon »
Lupin will look up and shout, "Save us, plot-device!", and I'll look down and whisper, "No".

Ishikawa Goemon

• Part of the Gang
  • Derpin' along.
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2009, 10:12:17 am »
No worries. Thanks for the interesting set of questions. You're killing me with being able to mention only one scene. :P

Edit: This is sad, but I've found one song thus far that begins to capture the feel of the scene I suggested, mostly from 0:27 onwards. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YdTfGP18Mrg&feature=channel_page
« Last Edit: April 29, 2009, 10:57:22 am by Ishikawa Goemon »
Lupin will look up and shout, "Save us, plot-device!", and I'll look down and whisper, "No".

mizducky

• [Member]
  • "Go on punk, make my day."
    • Personal website
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2009, 03:49:11 pm »
Hey there!  ;D

_which Lupin's design do you like the most and why? (only one choice)
Well, if you twisted my arm and absolutely forced me to stick with one choice, I'd have to go with the Episode 0: 1st Contact design -- I love the all-black with the toned-down reddish (but not bright red) jacket, and that's one of the best modern interpretations of his face. If I could suggest a hybrid, though, I'd go for late 2nd-series Lupin only with the red-and-black clothing colors.

_Lupin works only for solving a mystery
_Lupin is the mastermind but he is not direcly involved in the action
Not completely out of character, either of them, though I think I'd be sad if, say, they did a new series and this was all that Lupin was restricted to (like that Lupin VIII discontinued project where this descendent of the family was no longer a thief at all, but a detective instead).

But I could see, say, a one-off episode where Lupin steps back and lets the rest of the gang take most of the limelight. There's even significant precedent for him (mostly) doing so, though in every instance I can think of, he apparently can't resist at least getting a little bit of the action for himself. One that immediately springs to mind is the Red Jacket ep where Rat Boy Jirokichi forces an alliance with Goemon to compete against Lupin--Lupin even makes a point of saying how he's not going to steal the prize himself ... though of course it turns out he does spring into action at the end. And then there's The Last Mastery, where other than pulling a cute trick to spring Jinkuro out of jail so Goemon can get him, he stays out of direct action.

There are also plenty of precedents for Lupin not being (entirely) focused on a treasure, or the treasure is only incidental to some larger mystery he wants to figure out. Most notable by far is Island of Assasins; I could also make an argument that Alcatraz Connection falls in this category.

But like I say, I don't think I'd care for either of these concepts as a steady diet. I prefer my Lupin to be in the thick of things, and to have his eyes on that prize.  :D
Lupin fanfic work-in-progress: "Fun and Thieving in Las Vegas"
http://www.mizducky.com/churchofwhoopie/2008/08/fun-and-thievin.html

blackcoated

• [Member]
  • the world is mine
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2009, 06:07:19 pm »
i dont worship specificly one but i wanna answer
Jigen:
_which Jigen's design do you like the most and why? (only one choice)
_Jigen dosen't work with Lupin
What kind of Jigen scene would you like to see the most if you could be a writer for the serie? (only one)

I asked for the scene because Goemon is often the forgotten one.
\
farewell to nostradamus,old but experienced  very mobsterish
2-nah,in first contact and iin hemingway papers ,neither jigen,goemon and fujiko are with lupin for a fair amount of time
3-,go and stablish the backstory,make him son of a spanish and japanese,childhood in iotaly,grew up in america and thats it

http://www.myspace.com/weberwound
my 1st uploaded and made by me video on youtube maybe ill do areview
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dVIu3Jssf7A&feature=channel_page

Sad cactus

« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2009, 07:31:52 pm »
Oh, yeah, I'm on this one. XD

Zenigata's design:

Oh, man, only one? Brownish complexion, thick eyebrows, large, circular eyes, blunt nose, Lupin-style hair (Alcatraz Connection)

Lupin and Zenigata working together:

Nope, it's not out-of-character at all. And unlike my unrealizable dream for Zenigata's future career choice :cough.::, they've worked together many time--either actively working together to stop a common enemy. But I also think that it ocunts as working together as if Zenigata helps Lupin out at all (because usually he doesn't), eg. an assassin being after Lupin and Zengata doesn't tell him where Lupin is., or helping Lupin to get away, simply looking the other way for whatever reason, or giving a tip that helps Lupin.Mourning him is also a way of working together, because it shows where his sympathies are. But in case you're only looking for active working together, I'll indicate that in parentheses.

Series 2

"Return of Lupin the 3rd" (truce)
"Lair of the Land Shark" (the first of many reluctant-to-kill-Lupin episodes, his sympathy with Lupin is revealed, and the warden taunts him for it)
"Morocco Horror Picture Show" (active, to escape from Morocco)
"Lupin the Interred" (Zenigata mourns for Lupin)
"Lion', Cheatin', and Stealin'": (active, Zenigata crashes his car into the other inspector's to let Lupin get away--in return for Lupin saving his life)
"Games of Chance" (attempt on Zenigata's part---no official truce)
"Monkey King Business" (New Year's reprieve)
"Zenigata Getcha Into My Life" (active, to protect this woman from the mafia and screw them over at the same time)
"I Melt With You" (As Lupin and Fujiko go up into space, Zenigata looks distressed--his mouth is wide open as usual, but he's sweating and his eyebrows are slanted downwards)
"The Bride Came D.O.A.(Zenigata mourns Lupin)
"Kooky Kabuki Part 2" (Lupin recognizes the group as having 5 members)
"Alter-Ego Manaic"  (active, but because Zenigata had stolen the coin already and wanted to bring it back--oO It was a strange situation)
"The Last Meal Is Cup Ramen" (Lupin is going to be executed and Zengiata is slowly hitting his head on the wall.)
the 2nd blimp episode (Zenigata tips off Lupin)
Jigen burned hat episode (Zenigata respects Jigen because of his sense of honor)
Fujiko's camera episode (active, Zenigata saves Fujiko, takes her out of the prison, and runs like hell. XD Then Lupin distracts Zenigata's captor and he runs to them.)
Jigen's showdown with guy-who-drew-his-picture-on-the-rock: (one-sided, on Lupin's side_ Zenigata is captured by the authorities and Lupin is disguised as the leader. He at first says to execute Zenigata, but he doesn't follow through with it and it's assumed that Zenigata's safe *behind bars, probably, but safe* XD

Castle of Cagliostro: (active, Lupin and Zenigata team up to stop the count)

Series 3: I don't know Japanese, so I'm not sure about this one: drug-induced bird/spaceship with ladies/glowing eyes/woman with eyepatch/castle/Lupin hanging on cross, Zenigata rips the cross from the ground and runs away with Lupin still on it. I don't know why he did this: I heard it was to save him, but I don't know for sure.

snow episode, one-sided, on Lupin's end: Zenigata falls unconscious in the snow and Lupin tries to help him--but Zenigata was only faking it and he cuffs him.

Torturing Goemon a rare item episode: Lupin, Goemon, Jigen, and Fujiko are in a cage, and Zenigata is about to get at Lupin when the bad guy sends them all down into the water. For the moment, the concern is to get out of there.

OVAs/Specials/Films

Voyage to Danger (Zenigata mourns Goemon and Jigen, active, helps blow up the weapons dealers' base)
Missed By A Dollar (Zenigata mourns Lupin, and hangs around the gang for awhile)
Tokyo Crisis (active ,Zenigata and Lupin team up to stop Suzuki)
Alcatraz Connection: (active, Zenigata drives (i.e. smuggles XD) Lupin away from the morgue.
Angel's Tactics: (Lupin and Zenigata--and Jigen, Goemon, and Fujiko fight the Bloody Angels)
Russia...the oO special in Russia. OO;: (active, Lupin has Zenigata take pilot the plane as they duke it out with Rasputin look-alike.)

Zenigata teaching his job to an apprentice:

Yes, I think that is out of character for him. He's way too selfish for it. He can barely stand having a partner (Ganimard's granddaughter), (George McFly) Occasionally, when Zenigata has an understanding chief, he takes orders and is supportive of them. When they take him off the case, watch out! He's bitter and doesn't conceal it. He was planning to beat up Victor in Island of Assassins. He scratches the radio with his hand to make static so he can pretend that he doesn't hear his chief that had prevented him from going after Lupin. He doesn't take his aged partners seriously (Karl from Twilight Gemini and George McFly from First Contact). Nor does he take the aspiring young detectives seriously (Boronco? in "You're
Sapphired") You might notice also that Zenigata  isn't only motivated by the law and justice. He doesn't want to disgrace his ancestors, there are soeme times when he simply wants revenge on Lupin, sometimes it's for his career. Then there's law and justice, the other reason for his being a cop. They don't go together all the time. Sometimes Zenigata goes against the law to see justice done. When law and justice do coincide though, he's no less intense about it. Could he find some cadet to pass on his legacy? No way. Zenigata's bond with Lupin is so strong. He wants to catch him--have him in custody long enough for the euphoria to wear off, then chase him again. He wants to eat the elegant food that Lupin eats, but doesn't do it because he's stifling that curiosity in him--the way that he looks at treasure, floating money, you can TELL that a lot of times he wants it, but can't have it. He wants wealth, power, respect--but he fools everyone---even the fans, into thinking that he is just a fanatic cop. To get back to the question, it's only in Cagliostro and the Fuma Conspriacy that he would think of getting off the Lupin case. So I'd imagine that some upstart, that thinks that he knows Lupin but really doesn't--would croak under Zenigata's training, if he would take on an apprentice at all.

I know I've been rambling for quite a bit, but let me see if I can explain with  an example. Lupin seems to get a kick at seeing his face everywhere--(Missed By A Dollar), and if he did have to die eventually, he would be able to stand having another Lupin replace him.Zenigata not only gets upset at seeing impersonations of him, he gets confused, (yes, it's funny, too), but it's as if his sense of identity is so fragile that the sight of himself makes him reassess who he is. He wouldn't be able to create another Zenigata through training an apprentice, because he hardly knows himself. Plus, why would he want to? It would be someone he would have to compete with to catch Lupin--he's not the sharing type, apart from food.^^; Hope the answer was helpful.

« Last Edit: April 29, 2009, 07:34:20 pm by Sad cactus »

Ishikawa Goemon

• Part of the Gang
  • Derpin' along.
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2009, 07:20:42 am »
I have taken screenshots and I will start working at Goemon's design today. I hope I'll be able to post something soon. For the story, your suggestion raised this idea in my head: a fight with Jigen or Lupin himself. Does it sounds weird if Goemon fight Jigen because he disagrees with someone Jigen is working for or because he feels betrayed by Lupin who seems to acts like a coward?

I'd be curious to see your personal take on Goemon rather than using screencaps to nail his style. :) It's all good. I am fond of his season two colours, though.

Well... If Goemon's is in the right mind (or in other words, not brainwashed,) I don't see him fighting Jigen unless he is really opposed to something he is doing and feels thereby forced to step in, at which point he might say, "I'm sorry, but I cannot let you pass." It wouldn't be something easy to do, as a friend, but if he has to, he will (he wouldn't kill him, though). The other way people could have him react is simply by not having him get involved if he doesn't agree with something Jigen is doing. If Lupin acts like a coward (it'd really help to know the context of the situation you're proposing, for everything mentioned here) that's Lupin's business - I don't see it as a reason for Goemon to pick a fight with either of them, though in irritation or anger, he *might* scold Jigen for not doing something about it or 'correcting' the issue. It's probably easier for 'Mon to give a short lecture, though, and then declare that he has had enough and is going home to find something worthy of his time. :P

But, for this art-piece, you can draw whatever works for you. I think I will try to sketch the scene I proposed.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2009, 09:00:54 pm by Ishikawa Goemon »

GodKill123

• Part of the Gang
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2009, 11:27:30 am »
Let see... I know something about Jigen. I'll Awser some Q&A

Jigen:
I say his first design. The 3rd Tv series made Jigen weird look with shade of Colors. Plus he kind of look a bit fat in that series. If you look at his face, he looks like he has some neck fat...
But Why I love His first Design bevause he look like a Man of Business and won't take crap from anybody.

If I remember from the Manga, I think Jigen First Job was to Assassin Lupin First. In the First Tv Series, I think he said I only hang around just to kill you. meh. That was a long time ago, I can't really remember at this point. Sorry.

What kind of Jigen scene would you like to see the most if you could be a writer for the serie? (only one)
Most Jigen Scene are Shoot-outs. But they don't Last so long, I remember the 2nd Tv special (Can't Remember Right now) or I think it was the 3rd, Jigen was in a shoot out in a forest for about 3 mins. I would like there to be a Big shoot out scene that would last for about 8 mins. Just think about him, 1 Man vs. 100 guys. Hell I would Buy that. But Now there're throwing Jigen aside like Goemon. He should really have more scene in the specials...

There, I tryed my best to Anwer these Question for you, It's been while That I watch A Lupin Film (Damn Laptop...)

Sad cactus

« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2009, 11:37:59 am »
I'm impressed by your list of Zenigata and Lupin's interactions. I didn't know it happened SO often.
Ok for the design. Then for him teaching his job... What if, Zenigata is forced to work on a case with someone from the new generation: he is skilled with computers but is not skilled at all to face situations that require immediate actions. Even if it's unintentionaly, they will most probably learn something from each others

Thanks! ^^ oO Oh, yeah. Zenigata's expressions are as subtle as Lupin's, and he can go very quickly from expressing anger and disapproval to sympathy towards Lupin. It's because he projects that law-abiding image so often is that he can get away with siding with Lupin in intent, if not always in action. A lot of people think that Zenigata and Lupin only work together when they're actively trying to stop a bad guy, but it also is a matter of whose side Zenigata is on. He doesn't have to lift a finger to help Lupin. But compare his attitude towards Lupin being executed in the manga and his reluctance to send the iron lizards/land sharks after Lupin, Jigen, and Goemon to execute them. Zenigata is as psychologically complex as the other characters, and the fact that he's fooled the fans so often into thinking he's just a cop trying to do his duty shows that  Zenigata's strategy worked. ^^;

The key thing would be "forced to worked with" XD He can't decide to work with the computer guy--(He's only chosen with whom to work in "Mercy, Mercy Me". ) I just remembered the Foty-Seven samurai episode where Zenigata works with a brainy cop to catch Lupin. The brainy cop comes up with a plan that calls for dressing up the entire police force as the Forty-Seven samurai (which is ironic because though the forty-seven samurai were seen as heroes today, but historically, they avenged their master illegally and were forced by the state to commit seppuku: read: executed as criminals)--anyway, Zenigata is only able to work with the brainy guy on this by taking on the role of Oishi Kuranosuke, the level-headed guy in the group that initially didn't want to kill-- Kira Yoshinaka, whose ghost works with Lupin. This guy's ghost is portrayed as the reviled one in the episode, but historically, he was murdered by the forty-seven samurai, who were avenging their master Asano (the brash chief in this episode)  Anyway, Oishi Kuranosuke eventually goes along with the more radical elements in the forty-seven samurai and becomes the leader--and they go on and become ronin and pretend they're drunk and kill him and die, and so on.

My point being is because Zenigata is so brash and impulsive, and so egocentric, that he would have to be forced to work with a partner. Once partnered, to prevent from jumping headlong into the fray and doing his own thing, he needs someone who will actively stop him. A weak and retiring personality will just stand there slack-jawed while Zenigata fights twenty punks to get information on Lupin. A control-freak, like in the episode where he is in disguise for the whole time as a punk thief, can force him to go along with the plan--though in this case Zenigata's quite the skilled actor that could do this on his own. XD But in another episode he is disguised as a convict that Lupin springs out of prison, and while Lupin is asleep he's tempted to blow his cover and arrest Lupin. But his superior told him to wait. oO Hm, so it's not as simple as a I thought. Zenigata alternates between being a hothead but one who can keep up a deception long enough to catch Lupin. For those longer periods that he's in disguise, he usually has a partner or a superior that's calling the shots, but in the case of him disguised as the punk, he doesn't break character even once, so it proves that he can adopt another persona, that he can act. This doesn't apply when he's not in disguise, because he has to be restrained from jumping into things. So your apprentice idea would fit the second category.

On to training the apprentice...supposing that the apprentice does have a weak and retiring personality at first and he's changed by working with Zenigata..That one he'd be forced to take on, that's beyond a doubt. Zenigata would then most likely teach him the ropes of the field, which for him would be to launch himself unprotected and without backup into danger XD. At first, the computer guy would be too scared, and I'd imagine that Zenigata would quickly become impatient and ditch him--in the middle of a strenuous situation in which the guy would get clobbered. But he would also do that to give the guy field experience, and once the guy was *initiated* {i.e. when he finally threw a punch) then he might learn something more about technology from the newcomer. Zenigata occasionally is a genius in that respect--his Lupin-catcher, the crane game, etc. But he seems to be good with inventing and building things, but I've yet to see him use a computer. So computer guy could teach him  computer stuff, like you said. Would they become an unstoppable force? I guess that's for you to decide. XD

blackcoated

• [Member]
  • the world is mine
« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2009, 02:18:48 pm »
I'm impressed by your list of Zenigata and Lupin's interactions. I didn't know it happened SO often.
Ok for the design. Then for him teaching his job... What if, Zenigata is forced to work on a case with someone from the new generation: he is skilled with computers but is not skilled at all to face situations that require immediate actions. Even if it's unintentionaly, they will most probably learn something from each others

Thanks! ^^ oO Oh, yeah. Zenigata's expressions are as subtle as Lupin's, and he can go very quickly from expressing anger and disapproval to sympathy towards Lupin. It's because he projects that law-abiding image so often is that he can get away with siding with Lupin in intent, if not always in action. A lot of people think that Zenigata and Lupin only work together when they're actively trying to stop a bad guy, but it also is a matter of whose side Zenigata is on. He doesn't have to lift a finger to help Lupin. But compare his attitude towards Lupin being executed in the manga and his reluctance to send the iron lizards/land sharks after Lupin, Jigen, and Goemon to execute them. Zenigata is as psychologically complex as the other characters, and the fact that he's fooled the fans so often into thinking he's just a cop trying to do his duty shows that  Zenigata's strategy worked. ^^;

The key thing would be "forced to worked with" XD He can't decide to work with the computer guy--(He's only chosen with whom to work in "Mercy, Mercy Me". ) I just remembered the Foty-Seven samurai episode where Zenigata works with a brainy cop to catch Lupin. The brainy cop comes up with a plan that calls for dressing up the entire police force as the Forty-Seven samurai (which is ironic because though the forty-seven samurai were seen as heroes today, but historically, they avenged their master illegally and were forced by the state to commit seppuku: read: executed as criminals)--anyway, Zenigata is only able to work with the brainy guy on this by taking on the role of Oishi Kuranosuke, the level-headed guy in the group that initially didn't want to kill-- Kira Yoshinaka, whose ghost works with Lupin. This guy's ghost is portrayed as the reviled one in the episode, but historically, he was murdered by the forty-seven samurai, who were avenging their master Asano (the brash chief in this episode)  Anyway, Oishi Kuranosuke eventually goes along with the more radical elements in the forty-seven samurai and becomes the leader--and they go on and become ronin and pretend they're drunk and kill him and die, and so on.

My point being is because Zenigata is so brash and impulsive, and so egocentric, that he would have to be forced to work with a partner. Once partnered, to prevent from jumping headlong into the fray and doing his own thing, he needs someone who will actively stop him. A weak and retiring personality will just stand there slack-jawed while Zenigata fights twenty punks to get information on Lupin. A control-freak, like in the episode where he is in disguise for the whole time as a punk thief, can force him to go along with the plan--though in this case Zenigata's quite the skilled actor that could do this on his own. XD But in another episode he is disguised as a convict that Lupin springs out of prison, and while Lupin is asleep he's tempted to blow his cover and arrest Lupin. But his superior told him to wait. oO Hm, so it's not as simple as a I thought. Zenigata alternates between being a hothead but one who can keep up a deception long enough to catch Lupin. For those longer periods that he's in disguise, he usually has a partner or a superior that's calling the shots, but in the case of him disguised as the punk, he doesn't break character even once, so it proves that he can adopt another persona, that he can act. This doesn't apply when he's not in disguise, because he has to be restrained from jumping into things. So your apprentice idea would fit the second category.

On to training the apprentice...supposing that the apprentice does have a weak and retiring personality at first and he's changed by working with Zenigata..That one he'd be forced to take on, that's beyond a doubt. Zenigata would then most likely teach him the ropes of the field, which for him would be to launch himself unprotected and without backup into danger XD. At first, the computer guy would be too scared, and I'd imagine that Zenigata would quickly become impatient and ditch him--in the middle of a strenuous situation in which the guy would get clobbered. But he would also do that to give the guy field experience, and once the guy was *initiated* {i.e. when he finally threw a punch) then he might learn something more about technology from the newcomer. Zenigata occasionally is a genius in that respect--his Lupin-catcher, the crane game, etc. But he seems to be good with inventing and building things, but I've yet to see him use a computer. So computer guy could teach him  computer stuff, like you said. Would they become an unstoppable force? I guess that's for you to decide. XD
how about somebody with the same attitude?

http://www.myspace.com/weberwound
my 1st uploaded and made by me video on youtube maybe ill do areview
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dVIu3Jssf7A&feature=channel_page

LadyLupin

• Part of the Gang
  • Lady Lupin Sansei
« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2009, 09:45:48 am »
I lay claims to Green Jacket/1st TV Series Lupin. Uber hotness in black & green. =D I also like 1st TV Series/Cagliostro/Fuma-style Goemon.

Ishikawa Goemon

• Part of the Gang
  • Derpin' along.
« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2009, 07:38:54 pm »
Ishikawa Goemon  > I've just seen your edit and heard the song. What is this "Goemon's great adventure"? Is it about Goemon the first and something related to Goemon from Lupin III?

Goemon's Great Adventure is an North American release of a game belonging to a very popular series in Japan known as 'Ganbare Goemon' (I love it very much so). While the older games, as those on the 8-bit Nintendo, made Goemon (the spiky-haired character in the picture) very similar to the historical figure Ishikawa Goemon (he would avoid guards, and give money to the townspeople), the series has since gone in a very different direction. So, to answer your question, Goemon's Great Adventure is a game that is very, very loosely based on the first Goemon. Also, it has absolutely nothing to do with Lupin III's Goemon, though I found out about him through this game series. This is what happens when two characters share the same name. :P
Feel free to sketch if something here is inspiring you ^^
Of course. :P

I fear I can't take a decision for Goemon as long as I'm unsure which side he will be in my story and WHY. (the biggest question!)
Well, that would be up to you. :P Good luck with it.

gothichyppie

• [Member]
  • Road buddies...
« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2009, 12:15:39 am »
JIGEN :

Fuma Conspiracy -
http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j135/gothichyppie/jigenfuma.jpg
This is the consolation for not having the traditional voice cast, the animation is great and they all look awesome! Jigen looks really dark in this one with this very black suit and details in white lines and next to the purple shirt, this blue shirt and white tie is my favorite. I actually find myself pausing the movie from time to time because he looks so goddamn good, the scene where the three guys walk up to the train station to meet up with the Fuma clan for example, 'what a nice drawing' I say to myself!

No, even though Jigen and Lupin are the closest in the group, they have their differences so Jigen may very well leave from time to time. He could handle a situation by himself if necesary, he's a big boy and knows how to defend himself.

Ahem, a love scene! Not just because Jigen his my 'animated fantasy' but because they are so few of them. I mean what going on with him? We need to crack what's inside that complex, introverted mind of his!
« Last Edit: May 09, 2009, 03:44:32 pm by gothichyppie »

Ichi........................................ ni........................................ TROIS!

DrFurball

• Just Stupidly Unfunny Enough
  • Part of the Gang
  • The hero of today, yeah!
« Reply #13 on: May 03, 2009, 11:58:56 am »
Then for her role, she will probably be working for Lupin without knowing it. Does this sound weird?
Not really.  It'd be a nice change, I think.
Ceci n'est pas une signature.
Weird in a Can! (Updates weekdays)

Ishikawa Goemon

• Part of the Gang
  • Derpin' along.
« Reply #14 on: May 03, 2009, 12:16:47 pm »
Ishikawa Goemon  > Monkey Punch's character has been inspired by the real Goemon, so they have probably several things in common, like Lupin III and Lupin the first.

I'm sorry, I'm not quite sure who you are referring to when you say 'they'. If you mean Ishikawa Goemon I, I know he appeared in a late red jacket episode and possessed XIII's body, which then resulted in working for the enemy. It's a really weird episode. The historical figure/mythical figure himself, as you probably already know, lived in the mid to late 1500s, and Arsene Lupin came along quite a long time afterwards.

If you mean Konami's spiky-haired Goemon, he has nothing to do with Lupin III or Lupin I. *nod*