Author Topic: If you worship a character, then I have questions for you ...  (Read 8517 times)

GodKill123

• Part of the Gang
Re: If you worship a character, then I have questions for you ...
« Reply #15 on: May 06, 2009, 12:27:07 am »
GodKill123 > For Jigen, IMO, there are a lot of great designs in the latest special. http://www.freewebs.com/lupinthe3rd_evolution/jigensevolution.htm
From Alcatraz to GvR, I'll have problem to pick since I find them all great. (Angel's Tactics excepted). I'll most probably use Alcatraz as reference.
1 Man vs. 100 guys>  ;D I could have this in the story. Jigen vs a whole army. But again, I need the how and why first.
The Design too me would look lime little changes to be between his hat color and his shirt color. GVR has him wearing some red pink type of color. Plus I always stick to the design that I started with, (Shin Lupin III)
Now Jigen done alot of work for pently of people in the past, I sometime think he was part of a mob of something. So there are 1000 of ways to have Jigen fight 100 people

gothichyppie

• [Member]
  • Road buddies...
« Reply #16 on: May 06, 2009, 09:11:32 pm »
gothichyppie > Many thanks!
Jigen involved in a romance should be a story in itself, since it will needs time to be well developped. Your idea reminds me an episode in the second serie where Jigen fell in love for a Russian woman, who finally betrays him.

A romance involving Jigen can't be over the top because you have to respect his character (for the rest, you have fanfics! ;D), he doesn't trust women but like in the episode you've mentioned, he doesn't shut down from this gal and he's thankful at the end of how she took care of him. Even with Fujiko, he despises her yet he endures her, he almost taking a bullet for her in Mamo is a good example, he doesn't wish her dead either.
Jigen's episodes are often very melancolic, like in 'Is the Invader Safe Open?', you realize how difficult he is with himself, like he won't let love near.

Very interesting character to say the least!
« Last Edit: May 09, 2009, 11:43:43 am by gothichyppie »

Ichi........................................ ni........................................ TROIS!

gothichyppie

• [Member]
  • Road buddies...
« Reply #17 on: May 09, 2009, 03:41:37 pm »
ZENIGATA-TOTTSAN :

Which Zenigata's design do you like the most and why? (only one choice)

Cagliostro -  http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j135/gothichyppie/tottsancagliostrojpg.jpg
With this reddish skin, he looks strong, confident and perhaps a bit tensed but no matter what they'll try to do with Zenigata, he'll always have these cute little eye lashes under his eyes. Here they're not very apparent but still, they manage to give him this ever soft, silly look. Everytime he gets off the car and looks up I'm like 'Yeah-eah!', a robust and funny design.

Does it sound out of character if:
_Lupin and Zenigata are working together

Not at all, if it wasn't for the law stepping between them, these two would get along really well. They're both very much alike, they're determined and good at what they do, only Lupin has the best hand. They're nemesis but they never wish for each other's death, it's been demonstrated on many occasions.

_Zenigata is teaching his job to an apprentice
Zenigata hates being distracted on his pursuing of Lupin, he understands him better than anyone else. He feels like he's the one who's destined to arrest him so sharing his knowledge with a rookie he's very much unlikely. In a pre-Lupin story perhaps.

LUPIN :

_which Lupin's design do you like the most and why? (only one choice)

As far as I'm concerned, Lupin is the very definition of kawaii, he's funny, sweet and cute as hell, but he's also the leading man and needs to showcase some closure as well, I find the red jacket series does that best. I'm talking nor about the look he has in the first few episodes nor when Miyazaki gets involved.http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j135/gothichyppie/lupinred.jpg
Lupin goes through a lot in this series and this design manages to make him look both like a monkey and a very handsome man. I mean let's face it, he looks a lot more ripped here, they're not afraid to show it!

_Lupin works only for solving a mystery

No, Lupin likes what he does, getting money in the end is just a detail, he may be a thief but he has principles, he's a great example of an anti-hero. He'd work his brain out if he thought it was a for a good cause! Lupin is not a bad man, he just does something illegal as a living!

_Lupin is the mastermind but he is not direcly involved in the actionNo, a plot line involving a 'supporting character' has often been done and although Lupin is the title character, I find that the others are just as important. It's been discussed before : a spin-off with each individual character is a great idea!

GOEMON :

_which Goemon's design do you like the most and why? (only one choice)

Tokyo Crisis - http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j135/gothichyppie/goemontokyo.jpg
With his big round feet, thin, thin eyes and Zantetsuken-less, Goemon looks fairly young and a bit cartoonish. They couldn't make him look too serious because of his situation in this special. He's vulnerable and sorta unbalanced because an important part of himself as been taken and he's especially huggable because of it! A very adapted design, Iove it!

_Goemon doesn't work with Lupin

Goemon is maily focused on living in the traditional samurai ways and perfecting his techniques. Although he very much cares about Lupin, he's very independant and he won't hesitate to act on his own if needed.

What kind of Goemon scene would you like to see the most if you could be a writer for the serie? (only one)
A prequel with him as a young lad, how he was raised and became so skilled!

FUJIKO :

_which Fujiko's design do you like the most and why? (only one choice)

The red jacket series with her wide black gaze and pink lips.
 http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j135/gothichyppie/fujikoredjpg.jpg
I find that color and lenght for her hair is best and they never hesitate to show her assets, which is ok because she also looks very smart. Monkey Punch based her on Bond girls and it's still very much apparent here, she looks like she's more out of the sixties than circa 1977. Yeah I particulary understand why Lupin is so crazy about her when I watch the second series, young and experienced!

_Fujiko IS working for Lupin (and for money)

Fujiko is less likely to be the one to work for Lupin because really, she's got the man by the balls, he'd do anything for her. If she needed money for some reason, Lupin would get it for her. No, as long as the continuity goes, she's the one in control and the day she'll bow to Lupin is in the all-time final Lupin III adventure.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2010, 01:23:59 am by gothichyppie »

Ichi........................................ ni........................................ TROIS!

gothichyppie

• [Member]
  • Road buddies...
« Reply #18 on: May 09, 2009, 07:53:07 pm »
Many thanks everyone...Unfortunately, I have bad news concerning this project itself.

The society where I wanted to send my project seems to have big financial issues and their last comic has never been released.
I'll have to contact them first to see if there is still a chance to be part of the serie.
If they abandonned it, it's useless that a work during one month for nothing... :'(
Also, I'm really not proud of what I drew during the last 2 weeks. If there is still a chance, I fear I won't have the level required.
Anyway, if there is a chance, I really must try.

gothichyppie> I'll reply in detail later, many thanks for your post
You're welcome, too bad your project didn't work but even with no purpase at all, a topic like this one is always interesting. Thanks! Don't be shy to post more questions about Lupin III, I'll be more than happy to give my two cents!  ;D

Sad cactus

« Reply #19 on: May 09, 2009, 11:36:54 pm »
The society where I wanted to send my project seems to have big financial issues and their last comic has never been released.
I'll have to contact them first to see if there is still a chance to be part of the serie.
If they abandonned it, it's useless that a work during one month for nothing...
Also, I'm really not proud of what I drew during the last 2 weeks. If there is still a chance, I fear I won't have the level required.

Argh, that's a big letdown. It isn't over until the fat lady sings, so hopefully everything will work out. Best of luck. ^^

blackcoated

• [Member]
  • the world is mine
« Reply #20 on: May 09, 2009, 11:59:59 pm »
webcomic? ;D
Many thanks everyone...Unfortunately, I have bad news concerning this project itself.

If they abandonned it, it's useless that a work during one month for nothing... :'(

gothichyppie> I'll reply in detail later, many thanks for your post

http://www.myspace.com/weberwound
my 1st uploaded and made by me video on youtube maybe ill do areview
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dVIu3Jssf7A&feature=channel_page