Author Topic: Lupin The Roleplay! Official Roleplay Planning {OOC} thread.  (Read 170650 times)

DrFurball

• Just Stupidly Unfunny Enough
  • Part of the Gang
  • The hero of today, yeah!
Re: Lupin The Roleplay! Official Roleplay Planning {OOC} thread.
« Reply #15 on: June 04, 2009, 03:43:55 am »
I'm kinda interested in playing Melon Cop from the second manga series.  But I've never RP'd before and I dunno if I'd have the time to.
Could you put me down tentatively as well?
Ceci n'est pas une signature.
Weird in a Can! (Updates weekdays)

LadyLupin

• Part of the Gang
  • Lady Lupin Sansei
« Reply #16 on: June 04, 2009, 07:06:52 am »
This has absolutely nothing to do with the roleplaying thread, but I felt the need to say:
All bear the symbol of the fenghuang
Is what my sister's Chinese name is based off of and....

Preferred Foods:  congee with century egg, buddha’s delight
....are literally in my top 5 favorite dishes xD

Anyways - It was a little sad to hear that the other RP ended so abruptly, but good luck getting this one going!

Are you of Chinese descent? I am not, but I like studying Eastern cultures.

angelidollinda

• Part of the Gang
  • I believe in the power of the thief!
« Reply #17 on: June 04, 2009, 11:46:53 am »
Has anyone taken Zenigata yet? I'm thinking that I might want to play him in this roleplay.
Les temps sont durs pour les r

mizducky

• [Member]
  • "Go on punk, make my day."
    • Personal website
« Reply #18 on: June 04, 2009, 01:08:57 pm »
Hey there, folks ...

I'd like to play Jigen, for a change. I do enjoy RPing him nearly as much as I do Lupin.

Re: my sample post to show how I'd do my canon character--do you want something written brand-new specifically for this thread? I've got material from fanfics I could offer, but I'd also be happy to write something fresh for you all.
Lupin fanfic work-in-progress: "Fun and Thieving in Las Vegas"
http://www.mizducky.com/churchofwhoopie/2008/08/fun-and-thievin.html

LadyLupin

• Part of the Gang
  • Lady Lupin Sansei
« Reply #19 on: June 04, 2009, 02:33:48 pm »
I edited in a sample post in the one I has done a profile for Cheung in.

Jo

• Part of the Gang
  • natto mmm.
    • I am a vegan. Except on half price wing night.
« Reply #20 on: June 04, 2009, 04:08:40 pm »
This has absolutely nothing to do with the roleplaying thread, but I felt the need to say:

Anyways - It was a little sad to hear that the other RP ended so abruptly, but good luck getting this one going!
More or less haha. When I talk I sound like an utter fool, but I can understand it perfectly.

Lupin III Manga Database[Scanlations and such are here]

LadyLupin

• Part of the Gang
  • Lady Lupin Sansei
« Reply #21 on: June 04, 2009, 09:58:07 pm »

More or less haha. When I talk I sound like an utter fool, but I can understand it perfectly.

Still that's cool. I'm taking Chinese next fall.

I think Cheung will make an interesting contrast for a more Green Jacket-esque RP. I'm proud that I've been fairly accurate with his Chinese background. Most of my research is from Wikipedia and what I know from books & such. Of course there's also the Shenmue game too. It's pretty accurate in some ways in its depictions of Japan and Hong Kong.

mizducky

• [Member]
  • "Go on punk, make my day."
    • Personal website
« Reply #22 on: June 04, 2009, 10:33:14 pm »
I love making congee--though I tend to have it more often with fermented bean curd than century egg.  ;)

Meanwhile--forget my inquiry about whether I could use an already-written excerpt from a fanfic; here's a scene I've written just this afternoon:

------------

"Let her go."

The three big burly goons who had been trying to stuff the struggling woman into the black sedan looked up, startled at the commanding baritone ringing out in the supposedly deserted alley. There, emerging like a ghost from the shadows, was a man who looked a bit like a shadow himself--slender, dark-bearded, clad all in black, his eyes hidden by the brim of a big black fedora, a dog-ended cigarette hanging from his lip. His stillness and sudden appearance, in fact, caused one of the bruisers to clutch at a religious medalion around his neck in superstitious fear.

But when the lead goon saw the interloper was alone, his bully bravado returned. "And just who the f#@$ do you think you are, telling us what to do, @sshole?" The woman, seeing  his attention waver from her, squirmed in his grasp and almost succeeded in breaking away. He tightened his grip on her arm, wringing a cry of pain from her.

The stranger bared his teeth in an unnervingly feral grin. "Someone who doesn't approve of women being treated like that, punk." He stepped into a gunslinger's stance, right hand hovering with deceptive casualness near his hip.

By this time the other two goons had found their bully-courage too, and flanked their leader, smacking fists into palms, looking forward to turning this nosy interloper into a bloody pulp.

"Oh yeah?" sneered the chief goon, still clutching the woman. "Like to see you try and stop us."

The stranger's grin broadened. "You got it."

And then the stranger turned into a blur of motion.

Three shots echoed down the alley, in such rapid succession they sounded as if they'd been fired simultaneously by three separate guns. But when the echoes died, there was just the one big black Combat Magnum, still smoking in the stranger's right hand, as the three goons slumped to the ground, a big raw crease across each of their scalps.

The woman stood there, stunned, as the stranger made the gun disappear again into the concealed-carry holster at the small of his back.

"You okay?" he finally addressed her. She started, looking for a moment like she would flee down the alley.

"W-who wants to know?" She squared her shoulders, trying to project a courage she was obviously not quite feeling.

"Name's Jigen," said the stranger, his grin turning absurdly cheerful. She caught a brief glimpse of surprisingly gorgeous eyes under the grim hatbrim; one eye winked at her. "My partner sent me to ask a little favor of you. Though I see these creeps thought they had the same idea." He poked a booted toe at one of the goons--still breathing, but out cold. "My ride's just around the corner," he continued. "Unless you want to take your chances out here alone. Frankly, I wouldn't recommend it."

"It's not like I have a lot of options here," she said, with a bitterness that made the stranger cock his head at her with something she could swear was real concern. But when he offered her his arm, she took it with only a moment's hesitation, following him back down the alley to a surprisingly modest little yellow Fiat.
Lupin fanfic work-in-progress: "Fun and Thieving in Las Vegas"
http://www.mizducky.com/churchofwhoopie/2008/08/fun-and-thievin.html

Geist_MD

• Boogie Woogie Loog Shugie!
  • [Member]
  • The Coiled Shuffler
« Reply #23 on: June 05, 2009, 02:03:03 am »
So, as she mentioned, MizDucky and I worked something out regarding the RP, and was done so graciously. Many thanks!

I'm a little swamped, here, but I squeezed in an update on the first post in the character section that is required reading. Lemme know if anyone objects.

I'll be posting my character sample sometime later tonight, and then we'll begin shortly, unless anyone has any objections.
1-888-SPY-HARD

Ishikawa Goemon

• Part of the Gang
  • Derpin' along.
« Reply #24 on: June 05, 2009, 02:16:54 am »
I'm a little swamped, here, but I squeezed in an update on the first post in the character section that is required reading. Lemme know if anyone objects.

I'll be posting my character sample sometime later tonight, and then we'll begin shortly, unless anyone has any objections.

If you mean the addition of brief character descriptions, I thought the quotes were applicable and well-chosen. I'm also fine with the darker, Green Jacket tone you have in mind for the roleplay - it's pretty compatible with my portrayal of 'Mon, too.

As for starting early, I can't help but feel nervous! : x As long as we don't move along too quickly (as I fear burn-out, being a sloooow writer who likes to think on things for a while), then I think I will be alright; in any case, we'll see what happens first. Speaking of which, will we be keeping to a certain order, or will people be free to post when they please, as in the other roleplay, so long as they do not advance the plot without everyone being on the same page? If this has been addressed already, I'm sorry. :/
« Last Edit: June 05, 2009, 02:41:11 am by Ishikawa Goemon »
Lupin will look up and shout, "Save us, plot-device!", and I'll look down and whisper, "No".

angelidollinda

• Part of the Gang
  • I believe in the power of the thief!
« Reply #25 on: June 05, 2009, 02:37:33 am »
I'll put up my writing sample tomorrow morning, it's pretty late here.
Les temps sont durs pour les r

LadyLupin

• Part of the Gang
  • Lady Lupin Sansei
« Reply #26 on: June 05, 2009, 08:57:29 am »
I'm fine with everything. I like your brief descriptions of the characters too. If i were to describe Cheung, it would be:

Fu Cheung: Stoic and kindly to the untrained eye, he is a seasoned warrior possessing vast knowledge and a deadly hand, his actions are guided by maintaining balance rather than law.
"You can conquer others with power, But it takes true strength to conquer yourself."~ Lao Tsu

Heh, but if you want to write something for this guy, be my guest. I'm currious to what kind of quote he'd have. =)

« Last Edit: June 05, 2009, 09:02:50 am by LadyLupin »

Geist_MD

• [Member]
  • The Coiled Shuffler
« Reply #27 on: June 05, 2009, 09:01:46 am »
Quote from: Ishikawa Goemon
If you mean the addition of brief character descriptions, I thought the quotes were applicable and well-chosen. I'm also fine with the darker, Green Jacket tone you have in mind for the roleplay - it's pretty compatible with my portrayal of 'Mon, too.

As for starting early, I can't help but feel nervous! : x As long as we don't move along too quickly (as I fear burn-out, being a sloooow writer who likes to think on things for a while), then I think I will be alright; in any case, we'll see what happens first. Speaking of which, will we be keeping to a certain order, or will people be free to post when they please, as in the other roleplay, so long as they do not advance the plot without everyone being on the same page? If this has been addressed already, I'm sorry. :/

About the character descriptions, I'm glad you approve! My big worry there was someone might feel that I'm trying too hard to guide the RP and the authors to my will, and I'm not. I'm just trying to provide a coherence so we can all get along well enough without Lupin being this bumbling goofball and Jigen being a fatherly 40-something, ya know? A lot of times RPs fall apart because the characters clash to the point they no longer complicate each other, but you've got a dragon talking to a sentient car telepathically.

About the start time, again, this is so long as everyone is comfortable with it. We still don't have a Fujiko, and I think at least later in the RP, it'd be an interesting character to throw in. On a small tangent, I believe that's why Lupin is so enduring. They all compliment each other in one way or another, and they're all very distinct personalities with no end to the stories possible for the telling.

Anyhoo! Yeah, if you still wanna hang on, we can do that, I just wasn't expecting everyone to rally around quite so quickly. In about a week's time and little earlier has there been a whole new fiction in the making come together, so I've been really shocked in a pleasant way. As for the post-order, I believe whoever's most context-important should post following, but this is not a solid rule. Whoever can fit the link should continue, and if they're not in the same vacinity, they can feel free to set up their character's entrance, or their current goings-on apart from the group.

And suddenly, my post! It's something I drew up for another person I'd been PMing about the role of Lupin, but I like it a lot, and while it's not as much emphasis on Lupin as I'd like, I'll be happy to post another if anyone wants a more Lupin-centric entry.

-----------------------

"Lupin, you're under arrest!"

Alarms blared and police cars raced passed on cobblestone streets, tearassing through Prague on skidding rubber and filling misty streets with panicked and excited onlookers.

"The only thing I am is handcuffed, you moron!"

The rookie cop stood there, gun trained on the wily thief, his arms shaking and eyes shifty, nervous. The man before him lay handcuffed to a fire escape, dressed in trim suit and tie, largely untouched by the drizzling rain. The rook's firearm was trained on Lupin, and he shivered a little.

"W-what?"

"Stop talking and get after him for god's sake!"

"W-what?"

At this point the rookie had been joined by a pair of officers, having rushed towards the shouting.

"What's going on here? We've got him! We've got Lupin!" One began to the apprehended thief and his capturer, voice cautious.

"This is a mask you twit, he's getting away as we speak! He put a mask on me and took off down that alley!"

"Huh?"

"I'M ZENIGATA YOU GODDAMN ROOKIE NOW GO GET AFTER HIM!"

The ensuing outburst was nothing but a vomit of obscenities, most of them colourful, and the gaggle of police left, Zenigata handcuffed to the fire escape with the mask still glued hastily to his face. As the three left earshot, he was still screaming, something to the effect of "GODDAMN IT GODDAMNIT GODDAMN IT".

The three officers booked to the end of the alley, looking hastily around for the escaped thief. Finding only the taken-aback stares of civilians, the "officers" piled in a police car and broke character.

"Christ, you took long enough in there, L."

"You know what, next time you can lose a guy who runs like he's got an assful of pirhanas, okay?"

"This chin itches, crap."

"For a guy whose 34 carats richer, you complain an awful lot. Might want to invest in a shaving kit."

Jigen peeled off the thick silicone jawline with one hand, the other hand twisting the ignition. As soon as it was removed he slung it to the floor and ruffled his beard out. Lupin, likewise, removed his disguise: a pair of thick silicone eyebrows and another stamped silicone nose.  Goemon, in back, disgarded his wig as he watched the civilians passersby return to their normal lives, disinterested entirely in the banter provided by his mouthier compatriots. He was silent but aware of their dialogue, quiet but amused.

"Well you know, Lupin, I wouldn't have to complain if you didin't spring the alarm."

"Hey, if you want, I can keep your sh--"

"Not a chance." Even the good natured griping had blown over and Jigen cracked a grin. It was a great pull and a close call, and for the three of them, that was perfection. The car hummed, and Jigen appreciate the power under the engine.

"Hey, hit the gas, wouldja? This ice isn't cold enough to keep me from overheating in this damn uniform."

"With all the heat around here, I believe it. I can't just gun it or we're gonna be suspicious."

"I think the beard sharp enough to cut glass ruins that."

"Enough!" A shout from the back seat demanded.

It was the first time Goemon had spoken since they'd finished the job, a sneak-in-sneak-out uncharacteristic of them. The two men had conned Lupin into conceding on a no-flash, stealth-only job. After Goemon had mentioned he didn't think Lupin could muster not getting caught, only then had he relented to the idea. And both compatriots had the same thought upon hearing the blare of police cars upon Lupin's exit: He triggered the alarm for fun.

And that, naturally, led them to this problem.

"What?" Lupin asked, looking to Goemon in the rearview.

"Guess."

From a block behind them: "YOU GODDAMN WEASEL SONUVABITCH!"

"Hahahaha! Guess pops is more ingenuitive than I thought." Jigen said, joining the other thieves in glancing behind their vehicle.

Dashing after their starting policecar was Zenigata, and turning the bend was a torrent of screaming silver police sedans, one pulling to the curb and Zenigata pushing the driver into the passenger seat. Still handcuffed to his wrist was thick metal piping, now unscrewed from the wall.

"Jigen! Punch it!"
1-888-SPY-HARD

Geist_MD

• [Member]
  • The Coiled Shuffler
« Reply #28 on: June 05, 2009, 09:06:21 am »
I'm fine with everything. I like your brief descriptions of the characters too. If i were to describe Cheung, it would be:

Fu Cheung: Stoic and kindly to the untrained eye, he is a seasoned warrior possessing vast knowledge and a deadly hand, his actions are guided by maintaining balance rather than law.
"You can conquer others with power, But it takes true strength to conquer yourself."~ Lao Tsu

Heh, but if you want to write something for this guy, be my guest. I'm currious to what kind of quote he'd have. =)

Heck, no! That's great, and since it's an original character, I'm more comfortable with it than anything. Truth be told, I totally forgot about you, no offense.

I won't mention it in the update notes of that first post, since it's something I should've done to begin with, and the rest of the text will be unchanged {which can't be said of the other updates}. Done and done!
1-888-SPY-HARD

LadyLupin

• Part of the Gang
  • Lady Lupin Sansei
« Reply #29 on: June 05, 2009, 09:46:24 am »

Heck, no! That's great, and since it's an original character, I'm more comfortable with it than anything. Truth be told, I totally forgot about you, no offense.

I won't mention it in the update notes of that first post, since it's something I should've done to begin with, and the rest of the text will be unchanged {which can't be said of the other updates}. Done and done!

No biggie. I'm itching to see how things turn out. I'm treating this as the other RP wasn't canon, at least not with Lupin the 1st being cursed and residing with Cheung. I thought that would be best unless you would like to incorporate elements of that for references.