Author Topic: Mamo and Kirby: Closer than you think.  (Read 12369 times)

alljackets67

• [Member]
Mamo and Kirby: Closer than you think.
« on: June 10, 2009, 11:51:53 pm »
I just read a Wikipedia post that says that Soji Yoshikawa, director of the Secret of Mamo, is also the director of Kirby: Right Back at Ya! o_O I don't know how acurate it may be, but it looked ligitimate to me (for wikipedia at least.)

Sad cactus

Re: Mamo and Kirby: Closer than you think.
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2009, 07:19:59 pm »
Whoa, really?! oO That would explain the fascination with a big round super-powered pink thing. ^^

alljackets67

• [Member]
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2009, 11:18:12 pm »
As he wrote Mamo's true form in the script, little did he know that he would go on to direct another, less revolting, pink character with super-human powers. XD

Sad cactus

« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2009, 12:43:21 am »
Hm, I wonder if Kirby ate Mamo, if he would gain any abilities. oO

Geist_MD

• Boogie Woogie Loog Shugie!
  • [Member]
  • The Coiled Shuffler
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2009, 12:51:52 am »
Hm, I wonder if Kirby ate Mamo, if he would gain any abilities. oO
The ability to have an awful ending, maybe?  ;D
1-888-SPY-HARD

alljackets67

• [Member]
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2009, 02:19:50 am »
MetaKnight- "He is now Brain Kirby! In this form, he can fly into the sun, following a completely out there ending!" XD
« Last Edit: June 13, 2009, 01:18:20 am by alljackets67 »

Sad cactus

« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2009, 07:44:18 pm »
XD about what MetaKnight would say about *Brain Kirby*. oO What's his beef with Kirby, anyways?

Come to think of it, in one of the Kirby games the sun and the moon are fighting, so a giant brain flying into the sun isn't too bizarre by those standards. XD Was Soji Yoshikawa ever involved with the games or just the anime?

bunnialchemistmeep

• [Member]
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2009, 11:18:01 pm »
I want to make a "sucking" joke, but nothing comes to mind as of yet.
AHHH! BUT IT'S THE PERFECT OPPORTUNITY!! THINK!!!

nope, still nuttin.

alljackets67

• [Member]
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2009, 01:18:55 am »
XD about what MetaKnight would say about *Brain Kirby*. oO What's his beef with Kirby, anyways?

Come to think of it, in one of the Kirby games the sun and the moon are fighting, so a giant brain flying into the sun isn't too bizarre by those standards. XD Was Soji Yoshikawa ever involved with the games or just the anime?

I think Metaknight just wants to help Kirby, but is really pushy about it.

Soji Yoshikawa was only involved in the anime; but if the sun is fighting the moon, then it fits perfectly for him to do the anime! =D

I want to make a "sucking" joke, but nothing comes to mind as of yet.
AHHH! BUT IT'S THE PERFECT OPPORTUNITY!! THINK!!!

nope, still nuttin.

It's hard to do. Mine was kind of lame, so just start with whatever comes to mind. =)

Sad cactus

« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2009, 07:51:09 am »
I think Metaknight just wants to help Kirby, but is really pushy about it.
Wow, he hides his friendship with Kirby really well, then. oO What is he, anyway? Isn't he this purple blob under his mask?

Soji Yoshikawa was only involved in the anime; but if the sun is fighting the moon, then it fits perfectly for him to do the anime! =D

That's true, the spirit of Kirby is a little bizarre in general. You've got a food-loving pink baby/boy with red shoes eating up his enemies, turning them into stars, or in Kirby Superstar, his friends. oO Have you ever played Kirby's Adventure, for the NES? I've never been able to beat it. X_X

alljackets67

• [Member]
« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2009, 07:59:40 am »
What is he, anyway? Isn't he this purple blob under his mask?

In some of the games, when you defeat Metaknight, he looks nothing more than a purple Kirby under all his armor. I heard from someone that he wa actually a Star Warrior.

Have you ever played Kirby's Adventure, for the NES? I've never been able to beat it. X_X

Sadly, I've never had the joy of an NES system, so I never did get to play the original Kirby's Adventure. I think my first Kirby game was on the Gameboy Color. I can't remember which title it was, but I know I also had Kirby Tilt and Tumble. =)

Sad cactus

« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2009, 12:08:32 pm »
In some of the games, when you defeat Metaknight, he looks nothing more than a purple Kirby under all his armor. I heard from someone that he wa actually a Star Warrior.

MetaKnight: ::Gasp.:: I've been found! ::cape wipe.:: oO I remember that scene in Kirby Superstar. XD Silly MetaKnight wants to be all intimidating, then you find out he's just a purple puffball. XD Is a Star Warrior what Kirby is?

Sadly, I've never had the joy of an NES system, so I never did get to play the original Kirby's Adventure. I think my first Kirby game was on the Gameboy Color. I can't remember which title it was, but I know I also had Kirby Tilt and Tumble. =)

Aw, that's too bad. : ( If it was on the Gameboy color, maybe it was the color version of the first Kirby game on the Game Boy? I remember straining my eyes to see the greenish/yellow screen and when Kirby got hit, he would start flashing for a few seconds but you couldn't see him and then before you know it Kirby would run into another enemy. ^^; How was Tilt and Tumble? I'm assuming that Kirby is the pinball? ^^

alljackets67

• [Member]
« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2009, 04:09:26 pm »
Silly MetaKnight wants to be all intimidating, then you find out he's just a purple puffball. XD Is a Star Warrior what Kirby is?

I was suprised. I felt so excited, because I thought I had found Metaknight's true identity. XD

If it was on the Gameboy color, maybe it was the color version of the first Kirby game on the Game Boy? I remember straining my eyes to see the greenish/yellow screen and when Kirby got hit, he would start flashing for a few seconds but you couldn't see him and then before you know it Kirby would run into another enemy. ^^; How was Tilt and Tumble? I'm assuming that Kirby is the pinball? ^^

It may have been, but I can't quite remember. Luckily I haven't given away any of my Gameboy stuff, I even have a Gameboy Printer! XD Kirby Tilt and Tumble was a game where you would tilt the game boy to roll a ball version of Kirby across the screen. If you had to jump, you would shake the Gameboy up and he would jump. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vB_YstyUwgs&feature=related

The cartridge design was some what reminiscent of the first Pokemon Pinball with the large bulge at the top of it to acommidate the extra software.

Sad cactus

« Reply #13 on: June 13, 2009, 11:44:06 pm »
I was suprised. I felt so excited, because I thought I had found Metaknight's true identity. XD

Wait, you thought? Does he have another form besides a purple Kirby? oO

Luckily I haven't given away any of my Gameboy stuff, I even have a Gameboy Printer!

Good for you! ^^ It's good to keep the old stuff because good luck finding any of these in a GameStop these days. I see XBox, PS3, the DS, and the Wii all the way around. Everything else is considered ancient. : (

A Gameboy Printer? How does that work? ^^

Thanks for the link! oO Wow, so it's like a combination of a platform game with pinball. Looks like a fun game, but I think I would get dizzy watching Kirby spin for hours on end. ^^

DrFurball

• Just Stupidly Unfunny Enough
  • Part of the Gang
  • The hero of today, yeah!
« Reply #14 on: June 14, 2009, 12:18:37 am »
MetaKnight: ::Gasp.:: I've been found! ::cape wipe.:: oO I remember that scene in Kirby Superstar. XD Silly MetaKnight wants to be all intimidating, then you find out he's just a purple puffball. XD Is a Star Warrior what Kirby is?
I think the Star Warrior thing is just from the anime.
Anyway, what's up with all this talk about Meta Knight?  King Dedede is the coolest character in the series.  Just play Super Smash Bros. Brawl's "Subspace Emissary" mode to the end to see what I mean.  And for an example in Kirby's own games,
(click to show/hide)
Ceci n'est pas une signature.
Weird in a Can! (Updates weekdays)