Author Topic: Mamo and Kirby: Closer than you think.  (Read 11203 times)

Reed

• Lazy Site Admin
  • Cliff Hanger
  • Site Admin
    • http://www.lupinthethird.com
Re: Mamo and Kirby: Closer than you think.
« Reply #30 on: June 15, 2009, 09:56:57 pm »
How is this thread still going?
-R. Nelson

Sad cactus

« Reply #31 on: June 15, 2009, 10:43:55 pm »
It is, but I tend to abuse the no school day aspect of summer and stay up all night. =/

Same here. ^^ Even when I have a class the next day. OO Summer classes throw my schedule out of whack. : (

That's true, and also the fact that I tend to get stuck somewhere (ex.-Fire Red- I got lost in a cave; embarassing ex.- Pokemon Yellow- never beat Brock since Pikachu was not strong enough despite TONS of training) or my game glitches. (Paper Mario and the Thousand Year Door glitched on me!!!! X_X I collected all the stars and the door DID NOT OPEN!!!!!!)

Whoa, that would be frustrating, pitting Pikachu against Geodude or Onix. oO One Rock Throw--bye, Pikachu. oO; Ack!! Oh, no! ;__; I hope the same thing doesn't happen when I get all the stars. OO Glitches are evil. >< And sometimes it doesn't happen because you used a :cough.:: Gameshark but it just happens due to a flaw, and then an exclamation mark is supposed to appear when you go up the stairs and then...nothing. X_X But having a glitch on Disc 3 is better than to have one right at the end. That's terrible. ;_;

Pikachu's sprite was the same size as your character so he looked HUGE! o_O Pokemon Yellow wasn't in true color, but true rainbow. lol. I never did play Mystery Dungeon. My gaming has sadly dwindled with the aspect of other obligations due to school or personal life. =(

Rainbow? Oh, yeah, because you said that it kept on changing colors wherever you went. ^^ Same here, but when I do play, it's a marathon. XD Hopefully it hasn't disappeared completely and you can play form time to time.

Some of it's good, but the rest is crap. =/ They never grew up with simple games or lived through something as big as the Pokemon franchise in America (or your nose bleed in the Random Conversation Thread. XD) They've all grown up complexity and expect the best from everything they play or they hate it. Even though I tend dip into this generation (does being born in 1992 count?), there is a very large feeling of generation gap that I have with my friends. I have some difficulty with seriously complex games (I can't do combos so I hit all the buttons.) I also tend to get along better with people older than me. X_X I'm an outcast of my own generation. Also, I'm not as dramatic as the current generation is with life issues (my emotions don't bend like a twig because I'm upset at something stupid like losing my iPod because I failed a test I didn't study for.) Not trying to sound mean or nasty. =( Just venting the loneliness.

Oh, whoops--you read my nose bleed rant? ^^;; XD Exactly!! A lot of them expect perfection--and their standards are ridiculously high. Yay for hitting all of the buttons at once! It works in Smash Brothers. XD Ah, feeling the generation gap? It's good to socialize with people older than you--they usually have more experience and can share it with you, and then you can make them feel younger--so don't feel bad. ^^ That sucks that you lost your IPod, but it's good that it rolls off your back. ^^ You're not sounding mean and nasty at all! I hear you on the not-being-able-to-talk-to-people-your-own-age.

Red characters tend to be like a slap in the face with their color. Add that fact plus a million Waddle Dee and you have the most unforgetable minor character in a series. lol. I must say, it's not that I have seen the Mr. Men Show, it's the fact that I watch it that makes me know who Mr. Noisy is. =D It's one of my favorite shows for some reason! Yay!

That's true---they're kind of like Goombas--another favorite of mine. ^^ I LOVE Goombella in Thousand Year Door. She makes me think of Maria for some reason...and she has a hard head with which she hits enemies. ^^ Yay, you like Mr. Noisy, too? ^__^ He's voiced by Richard Epcar, the voice of Jigen in the Geneon dub. XD

Yay for half beating everything! Don't feel bad Sad Cactus, I almost missed Galaxy too. lol. That reminds me, I need clean the mold from under my rock. Spring was several seasons ago, but I was still under my rock.

Wait, do you mean actual mold? oO Ew...

I think it's still going because it overlapped into anything even tenuously associated with Kirby.

alljackets67

• [Member]
« Reply #32 on: June 16, 2009, 01:40:22 am »
Same here. ^^ Even when I have a class the next day. OO Summer classes throw my schedule out of whack. : (

I have to take summer classes, though I have the luxury of taking them on the internet. I'm doing it to free up electives.

Whoa, that would be frustrating, pitting Pikachu against Geodude or Onix. oO One Rock Throw--bye, Pikachu. oO; Ack!! Oh, no! ;__; I hope the same thing doesn't happen when I get all the stars. OO Glitches are evil. >< And sometimes it doesn't happen because you used a :cough.:: Gameshark but it just happens due to a flaw, and then an exclamation mark is supposed to appear when you go up the stairs and then...nothing. X_X But having a glitch on Disc 3 is better than to have one right at the end. That's terrible. ;_;

That's what stunk. Electric types are ineffective against rock types, and it's not like the TV series where I can trigger the fire alarm and have to sprinklers come on. That's also what many of my battles were like, one or two good hits and that was it. Oh that was the worst glitch ever! In one of the villages, where you're supposed to get shot to the moon, there was another game glitch where the guy you were supposed to talk to never accepted what you had to bring in exchange for getting shot from the canon! X_X Why is it always my version. Ending glitches are so bad! I know I've had them , but I can't remember where. =/

Rainbow? Oh, yeah, because you said that it kept on changing colors wherever you went. ^^ Same here, but when I do play, it's a marathon. XD Hopefully it hasn't disappeared completely and you can play form time to time.

It changed color depending on where you were, such as a city may be blue, then you go to the next town over and the hue is green. When I do get to play, it's a marathon as well. Though, with all of the summer stuff I need to do like summer reading, band camp, and the summer class, I barely find time. =( I still have not touched my Kirby Super Star since Christmas when I got it, and it's still sitting there. ;_; I actually felt like crying as I typed that.

Oh, whoops--you read my nose bleed rant? ^^;; XD Exactly!! A lot of them expect perfection--and their standards are ridiculously high. Yay for hitting all of the buttons at once! It works in Smash Brothers. XD Ah, feeling the generation gap? It's good to socialize with people older than you--they usually have more experience and can share it with you, and then you can make them feel younger--so don't feel bad. ^^ That sucks that you lost your IPod, but it's good that it rolls off your back. ^^ You're not sounding mean and nasty at all! I hear you on the not-being-able-to-talk-to-people-your-own-age.

I did read your nose bleed rant. XD It was so funny, but I felt bad that it was like a never ending scenario of blood. I've never had a nose bleed that bad before or ever heard of one like yours, so I actually was kind of in aw. O_O I was watching E3 '09 on G4 and I was watching as all these new games with crazy combos and graphics and technoligy that were going to come out were being shown and I was in shock. It's not that I didn't expect it all, but the sheer mass and quantity of super quality games were overwhelming. At least there are some game companies that can still make simple games with heart. I actually won a Super Smash Brothers Brawl tournement in my technical theatre class with Kirby and just hitting any button I could think of. Oh how I've got them generation gap blues. =/ It's also that when I talk to some people in my generation, it's all super-hyper overdrive stuff with them and it makes things less interesting. Even their lives are rushed too. They try to speed things up thinking that it means getting to do cooler stuff quicker and or being more adult. When I talk to older people, everything is more calm and enjoyable than being cramed in your face at the speed of light. I actually think I've done that before many times, making older people feel young. I didn't lose my iPod though, that was just an example that I hear about from people that I know. Yay! I feel better by talking to older people and realizing I don't need to fit my generation! =)

That's true---they're kind of like Goombas--another favorite of mine. ^^ I LOVE Goombella in Thousand Year Door. She makes me think of Maria for some reason...and she has a hard head with which she hits enemies. ^^ Yay, you like Mr. Noisy, too? ^__^ He's voiced by Richard Epcar, the voice of Jigen in the Geneon dub. XD

Goombella is tough like Maria. She isn't a push over and can hold her own. Plus, she's hard headed! XD (bad joke.) Yay! Do you watch the Mr. Men Show too? I never realized that Mr. Noisy was played by Richard Epcar! That's so cool! =D I actaully watch the Duck Dodgers series from the early 2000's and Porky's voice is played by Bob Bergen, the Streamline Lupin!

Wait, do you mean actual mold? oO Ew...

Oh! I was thinking moss. Sorry for the gross-ness. Life under a rock is a bit interesting since I have a large collection of old music as opposed to new music. Also, I'm more of a jazz, rock, funk, blues guy, so when people talk about new hit songs, I'm completely lost. =/

Magic of Kirby being able to expand into many sub topics instead of one large main topic I guess. Hmm... =/ I must study more on the subject.

Sad cactus

« Reply #33 on: June 16, 2009, 04:11:04 pm »
I have to take summer classes, though I have the luxury of taking them on the internet. I'm doing it to free up electives.

That's a good idea--and I guess a little pain now saves you a lot of pain later on. ^^

Electric types are ineffective against rock types, and it's not like the TV series where I can trigger the fire alarm and have to sprinklers come on.

I think that's what frustrated me about the TV series the most--how if Pikachu was stronger, no matter what the type was, he would be able to damage the opponent. oO I've been a long-time fan of Rock/Ground types, and I always felt bad when Pikachu takes out a Rock/Ground type with electricity. ;_; I have very mixed feelings about Pikachu, since I also liked Team Rocket before they were reduced painfully to comic relief---I don't know if it's just me, but unlike Lupin where it's nice to see Lupin sometimes edgy, sometimes with a softer side--and everything in between, I really miss when Team Rocket was nasty. I mean, they basically poach animals, right? (Something that, interestingly--Lupin has never gotten himself involved with--did you notice that he leaves animals alone? oO And even Fujiko has a soft spot for the Loch Ness Monster? oO) Team Rocket is an organized crime ring, that would a force to be reckoned with anywhere else--but now they've become soft--and since everything else about the show is "You have to work together with your Pokémon"--all the lovey-dovey-ness gets old pretty quickly, I'm sad to say
In one of the villages, where you're supposed to get shot to the moon, there was another game glitch where the guy you were supposed to talk to never accepted what you had to bring in exchange for getting shot from the canon! X_X

Are you talking about The Thousand Year Door? oO I'm actually around that part. ^^; I'm on the part where Mario is looking for General White--the last place I went to was Twilight Town, but the townspeople there weren't much help. X_X Now I'm kind of stuck. Oo That really sucks that you didn't get shot to the moon. Glitches are evil. ><

I still have not touched my Kirby Super Star since Christmas when I got it, and it's still sitting there. ;_; I actually felt like crying as I typed that.

Oh, man--you have to play that game--it's so fun. ^^ I hope that you get a break in your busy schedule soon. : ( What instrument do you play?

I was watching E3 '09 on G4 and I was watching as all these new games with crazy combos and graphics and technoligy that were going to come out were being shown and I was in shock. It's not that I didn't expect it all, but the sheer mass and quantity of super quality games were overwhelming.

I know, right? ;_; i mean, I haven't watched E3 but I think I get what you're talking about. Games are like Hollywood now--they always have to outdo the last thing, make it bigger, better, flashier, and more headache-inducing. : ( That's great that you won with Kirby. ^^ He can fly. XD I played with green Kirby against some other people at a convention and by dodging a lot I made up for Kirby's slowness. ^^; That's cool that when you played, though, you took them head-on with Kirby. That's hard to do if the opponent is so much faster--like if it's Fox or Wolf and especially Sonic in Super Smash Bros. Brawl. X_X ;_; Whatever happened to the Sonic that could just jump, burrow, and spin? I mean, he brings his own springboard? Argh, come on! ;_;

Even their lives are rushed too. They try to speed things up thinking that it means getting to do cooler stuff quicker and or being more adult. When I talk to older people, everything is more calm and enjoyable than being cramed in your face at the speed of light. I actually think I've done that before many times, making older people feel young. I didn't lose my iPod though, that was just an example that I hear about from people that I know. Yay! I feel better by talking to older people and realizing I don't need to fit my generation! =)

Yeah, younger people nowadays really overschedule themselves. : ( They also drink themselves into the ground but I guess they're entitled to that if their lives are so hectic. : ( That's great that you've made older people feel young. Ah, it was just an example--that's good to know. ^^ And that's really good to hear that you're comfortable with your own way of doing things, that you don't need to feel "tight" with others of your own age to feel secure. That's a sign of maturity, I'd think.

Goombella is tough like Maria. She isn't a push over and can hold her own. Plus, she's hard headed! XD (bad joke.) Yay! Do you watch the Mr. Men Show too? I never realized that Mr. Noisy was played by Richard Epcar! That's so cool! =D I actaully watch the Duck Dodgers series from the early 2000's and Porky's voice is played by Bob Bergen, the Streamline Lupin!

That's cool that you noticed that! XD Yes, hard-headed. I love her Multi-bonk. ^^ Ah, right--I remember why else Goombella reminds me of Maria--XD ---I like to associate Zenigata with a Goomba. I mean, have you seen the size of Goomba's eyebrows? oO And how Goombas walk--at least in Thousand-Year Door: they shuffle back and forth with their mouths open. And they have teeth (fangs? oO) so they look intimidating, but you feel bad when Mario squashes them-- ;_;

Yes, I love the Mr. Men Show! ^^ I'm eagerly awaiting their second season--it's supposed to come out this year. ^^ I feel a little bad for Mr. Quiet who lives RIGHT next to Mr. Noisy, but Mr. Noisy can't help himself---oO I think he's usually a musician in the show? And of course, because he's Mr. Noisy. ^^; I like how he, Mr. Tickle, and Mr. Messy form a triple terror for Mr. Persnickety in the Circus episode. XD I bet that they started playing badly on purpose when it came time for them to play in front of the audience. XD

I think what I like about the Mr. Men Show is that it's a kid's show, but the dialogue is still enjoyable. I remember when Mr. Happy and Little Miss Sunshine in the Mr. and Miss books were genuinely happy and full of sunshine, but you can detect this subtle note of sarcasm in both their voices, as if they're only smiling for the camera and they really hate everyone's guts---maybe not that strongly, but I don't think that the ones in the TV show are as happy and full of sunshine as their names imply. What do you think?

I actaully watch the Duck Dodgers series from the early 2000's and Porky's voice is played by Bob Bergen, the Streamline Lupin!

No way! oO That's really amazing! I've never watched Duck Dodgers, but I'm looking at his resume and I guess I've heard him without even knowing it: he played various roles in Hunchback of Notre Dame, (No wonder I subconsciously got a kick out of it even though I really can't stand the bastardization of Claude Frollo in that version) Bob Bergen was also  in Toy Story 2, Rocky And Bullwinkle, Johnny Bravo, WALL-E--oh wow! He was in Up, also!!! On a side note, have you seen Up? I cried within the first five minutes of that movie. OO I seriously had thought it was going to be upbeat, and then--BAM! Well, I won't spoil it for you in case you're planning to see it. ^^ But right, Bob Bergen has been everywhere, wowww...Oo

Oh! I was thinking moss. Sorry for the gross-ness. Life under a rock is a bit interesting since I have a large collection of old music as opposed to new music. Also, I'm more of a jazz, rock, funk, blues guy, so when people talk about new hit songs, I'm completely lost. =/

No, mold isn't too gross. ^^; I was being silly. XD Yay for old music!! ^^ That's great that you like the oldies. What's new isn't necessarily good---what's new isn't necessarily bad, either--but lately, it's just been bad. BAD. BAD. And okay, maybe that's the spirit of this age or whatever, but nowadays--oh, my God, have you heard "Disco Stick"? I can't believe that this tuneless dreck even sells--no wait--yeah, I can believe that it sells, but I'm sad that it does. oO I'm no hardcore music fan--I just like whatever happens to move me---but a lot of new hits are just repetitive, hammering the same tired lyrics about how I can't live without you, or our love will be forever, and so on and so forth---I mean, that's unfair to say because a lot of old songs used those themes too, but they did it with a lot more soul---and now it's just horrifying. : (

And that said, I think I know why I have mainly music from videogames and animation in my collection. oO; It's great that you have the oldies as a refuge from--not all, but a lot of the contemporary--well, poop--- that's been blasting on the radios lately. ^^ And I'm not one of those grumpy people that doesn't like rock---I actually do like metal. XD But not screaming metal---metal with soul---with instrumentals and not just angry guys screaming their lungs out. "RAAGHHH!! 666!!" and so on. X_X

Magic of Kirby being able to expand into many sub topics instead of one large main topic I guess. Hmm... =/ I must study more on the subject.

^^ Indeed. XD We need to get DrFurball back here to talk more about King Dedede. XD So are all of the monsters in Dreamland under his dominion or are some of them on their own? oO I like how in Super Mario RPG, Bowser has armies of Goombas, Koopas, Terrapins (?), and Kameks, but the Shy-Guys are someone else's minions, and the Snifits are someone else's minions---by the way---a question to anyone who knows: Why do the Snifits wear gas masks? Is that their actual face? Oo
« Last Edit: June 16, 2009, 04:13:35 pm by Sad cactus »

alljackets67

• [Member]
« Reply #34 on: June 17, 2009, 04:17:17 pm »
That's a good idea--and I guess a little pain now saves you a lot of pain later on. ^^

Lots of pain now to be had though. =/

I think that's what frustrated me about the TV series the most--how if Pikachu was stronger, no matter what the type was, he would be able to damage the opponent. oO I've been a long-time fan of Rock/Ground types, and I always felt bad when Pikachu takes out a Rock/Ground type with electricity. ;_; I have very mixed feelings about Pikachu, since I also liked Team Rocket before they were reduced painfully to comic relief---I don't know if it's just me, but unlike Lupin where it's nice to see Lupin sometimes edgy, sometimes with a softer side--and everything in between, I really miss when Team Rocket was nasty. I mean, they basically poach animals, right? (Something that, interestingly--Lupin has never gotten himself involved with--did you notice that he leaves animals alone? oO And even Fujiko has a soft spot for the Loch Ness Monster? oO) Team Rocket is an organized crime ring, that would a force to be reckoned with anywhere else--but now they've become soft--and since everything else about the show is "You have to work together with your Pokémon"--all the lovey-dovey-ness gets old pretty quickly, I'm sad to say.

The TV series kind of wrecks the whole idea of Pokemon Yellow. Pikachu is finally restricted to his effectiveness to other Pokemon, as opposed to being an invincible force. I miss the serious team rocket too. I think it was about mid way either the second or first Pokemon series where their whole additude changed and they became nothing but bad jokes and a way to keep the plot going. Actually, Lupin has delt with animals before, in episode 88 of the red jacket series
(click to show/hide)
I guess to keep the series more friendly to children, they toned down the level of darkness in Pokemon. There are actually a lot of un-aired episodes in America, because of either severe violence and blood or something adult.

Are you talking about The Thousand Year Door? oO I'm actually around that part. ^^; I'm on the part where Mario is looking for General White--the last place I went to was Twilight Town, but the townspeople there weren't much help. X_X Now I'm kind of stuck. Oo That really sucks that you didn't get shot to the moon. Glitches are evil. ><

Yep! I'm still talking about The Thousand Year Door. I think it was General White that I was looking for too. Though, I have not played it in so long I can't remember. O_O Ugh, glitches.

Oh, man--you have to play that game--it's so fun. ^^ I hope that you get a break in your busy schedule soon. : ( What instrument do you play?

I hope so too. I really want to get Starfy when it comes out, and if that just sits around too, I don't know what I'll do. =( Luckly, there's an anime convention coming up in two weeks! It's actually more of a anime mall than an actual convention and they sell cheap anime products! More Lupin stuff!!! =D I play the Alto Saxophone and the Tenor Saxophone. =)

I know, right? ;_; i mean, I haven't watched E3 but I think I get what you're talking about. Games are like Hollywood now--they always have to outdo the last thing, make it bigger, better, flashier, and more headache-inducing. : ( That's great that you won with Kirby. ^^ He can fly. XD I played with green Kirby against some other people at a convention and by dodging a lot I made up for Kirby's slowness. ^^; That's cool that when you played, though, you took them head-on with Kirby. That's hard to do if the opponent is so much faster--like if it's Fox or Wolf and especially Sonic in Super Smash Bros. Brawl. X_X ;_; Whatever happened to the Sonic that could just jump, burrow, and spin? I mean, he brings his own springboard? Argh, come on! ;_;

Exactly. No one trys to even stay consistent with a type of game style that could prove popular. Everyone wants more or to be the best. Kirby is the only character I play with in Brawl or Melee. I know how to kick but with him. =) I did take on characters like Snake, Fox, Bowser, and Marth. I think in Brawl, if Sonic jumps, he sometimes uses a springboard. I know what you mean, Sonic is nothing like his past design. =(

Yeah, younger people nowadays really overschedule themselves. : ( They also drink themselves into the ground but I guess they're entitled to that if their lives are so hectic. : ( That's great that you've made older people feel young. Ah, it was just an example--that's good to know. ^^ And that's really good to hear that you're comfortable with your own way of doing things, that you don't need to feel "tight" with others of your own age to feel secure. That's a sign of maturity, I'd think.

Yeah, they don't seem to slow down and really think about what they're doing. That's the kind of people that I have a problem dealing with the kind that tend to drink and so forth thinking it's a way to deal with problems, or the ones that just think it's cool or mature. There are some people that are of my age range that I can hang out with, I also have a large group of friends that are older than me that I can hang out with. Thanks Sad Cactus. =)

That's cool that you noticed that! XD Yes, hard-headed. I love her Multi-bonk. ^^ Ah, right--I remember why else Goombella reminds me of Maria--XD ---I like to associate Zenigata with a Goomba. I mean, have you seen the size of Goomba's eyebrows? oO And how Goombas walk--at least in Thousand-Year Door: they shuffle back and forth with their mouths open. And they have teeth (fangs? oO) so they look intimidating, but you feel bad when Mario squashes them-- ;_;

Yes, I love the Mr. Men Show! ^^ I'm eagerly awaiting their second season--it's supposed to come out this year. ^^ I feel a little bad for Mr. Quiet who lives RIGHT next to Mr. Noisy, but Mr. Noisy can't help himself---oO I think he's usually a musician in the show? And of course, because he's Mr. Noisy. ^^; I like how he, Mr. Tickle, and Mr. Messy form a triple terror for Mr. Persnickety in the Circus episode. XD I bet that they started playing badly on purpose when it came time for them to play in front of the audience. XD

I think what I like about the Mr. Men Show is that it's a kid's show, but the dialogue is still enjoyable. I remember when Mr. Happy and Little Miss Sunshine in the Mr. and Miss books were genuinely happy and full of sunshine, but you can detect this subtle note of sarcasm in both their voices, as if they're only smiling for the camera and they really hate everyone's guts---maybe not that strongly, but I don't think that the ones in the TV show are as happy and full of sunshine as their names imply. What do you think?

I think The Thousand Year Door Goombas are my favorite of all the ones that I've seen. They're not really mean or always the bad guy, and you can actually feel bad for them since they don't look as mean. I believe that they have fangs. =) The Mr. Men Show is awesome! =D I'm really glad that they're going to have a second season. =) I think Mr. Noisy plays the drums. Poor Mr. Quiet, know one ever hears what he has to say, especially when they're all shouting. I love it when Mr. Messy gets paired up with Mr. Persnickety and Mr. Messy always wrecks Mr. Persnickety clean room and such. I wish I had gotten to see the Circus episode, it is one of the few that I haven't seen yet. =( That's cool that you detect sarcasm in Mr. Happy and Little Miss Sunshine's voices. In the hotel episode, when Mr. Scatter Brain is trying to get Mr. Happy a room, Mr. Happy actaully starts to get angry at Mr. Scatter Brain. I was suprised actually. I agree, they are not as happy or full of sunshine as their names imply.

No way! oO That's really amazing! I've never watched Duck Dodgers, but I'm looking at his resume and I guess I've heard him without even knowing it: he played various roles in Hunchback of Notre Dame, (No wonder I subconsciously got a kick out of it even though I really can't stand the bastardization of Claude Frollo in that version) Bob Bergen was also  in Toy Story 2, Rocky And Bullwinkle, Johnny Bravo, WALL-E--oh wow! He was in Up, also!!! On a side note, have you seen Up? I cried within the first five minutes of that movie. OO I seriously had thought it was going to be upbeat, and then--BAM! Well, I won't spoil it for you in case you're planning to see it. ^^ But right, Bob Bergen has been everywhere, wowww...Oo

I was really suprised too when I read his resume and discovered all of the movies and shows that I grew up with that he played voices in! I can't really recall Hunchback of Notre Dame since I don't have the VHS or DVD. =( He also played the squirrel in the Emporer's New Groove which really shocked me for some reason. I haven't seen Up yet. I really want to, and I've told my mom that it's a good movie from what I've heard. Now I really want to see it to find out how it would be so sad! Bob Bergen is the master of cartooniverse!

No, mold isn't too gross. ^^; I was being silly. XD Yay for old music!! ^^ That's great that you like the oldies. What's new isn't necessarily good---what's new isn't necessarily bad, either--but lately, it's just been bad. BAD. BAD. And okay, maybe that's the spirit of this age or whatever, but nowadays--oh, my God, have you heard "Disco Stick"? I can't believe that this tuneless dreck even sells--no wait--yeah, I can believe that it sells, but I'm sad that it does. oO I'm no hardcore music fan--I just like whatever happens to move me---but a lot of new hits are just repetitive, hammering the same tired lyrics about how I can't live without you, or our love will be forever, and so on and so forth---I mean, that's unfair to say because a lot of old songs used those themes too, but they did it with a lot more soul---and now it's just horrifying. : (

And that said, I think I know why I have mainly music from videogames and animation in my collection. oO; It's great that you have the oldies as a refuge from--not all, but a lot of the contemporary--well, poop--- that's been blasting on the radios lately. ^^ And I'm not one of those grumpy people that doesn't like rock---I actually do like metal. XD But not screaming metal---metal with soul---with instrumentals and not just angry guys screaming their lungs out. "RAAGHHH!! 666!!" and so on. X_X

Yay for mold, well, depending if it's not on your food. That's why I can't get away from old music. Most of the stuff right now that's mainstream is bad. I just listen to "Disco Stick" and I couldn't finish it because it sounded so bad. X_X I'm glad that I'm not the only one that realizes that every song that comes out sounds the same or uses the same idea. I was thinking that today, how older songs used those themes more respectively than how it's a device in the modern music business. Recently, I've been collecting lots of old theme music and old unheard of artists since I can't find any decent new music. I like some metal that I hear, but it kind of has become where most of them just do scream and play loud. There's some that actually sound good, but the most I heard is all that "RAAGHHH!! 666!!" stuff. X_X

^^ Indeed. XD We need to get DrFurball back here to talk more about King Dedede. XD So are all of the monsters in Dreamland under his dominion or are some of them on their own? oO I like how in Super Mario RPG, Bowser has armies of Goombas, Koopas, Terrapins (?), and Kameks, but the Shy-Guys are someone else's minions, and the Snifits are someone else's minions---by the way---a question to anyone who knows: Why do the Snifits wear gas masks? Is that their actual face? Oo

I would think that some monsters are free from his rule, but most of them are still mean. Yeah! Love to King Dedede! If the Super Mario RPG is NES or SNES, it can't answer that. Mabye DrFurball can! I never felt that Shy-Guys were Bowser's, but who's are they? I can't recall Snifits. =(
« Last Edit: June 18, 2009, 12:34:25 am by alljackets67 »