Author Topic: Invading AMV.org...XD  (Read 2177 times)

Sad cactus

Invading AMV.org...XD
« on: June 15, 2009, 10:55:23 pm »
I finally decided to stop lurking/half-heartedly posting at AMV.org and am attempting to re-introduce Lupin to that forum. It's flooded with fans of "hot" anime, some who know about Lupin, but these are old posts. There's the AMV editing genius who made that Lupin AMV, self-proclaimed "Worst AMV Ever", but I guess he hasn't posted since the last one.: (

There are 698,378 members on that forum. I figure if I flood the forum with Lupin goodness, (i.e. screencaps, discussion, etc.) that a few of them at least are bound to notice our favorite thief. oO Hopefully this isn't a pie in the sky. : ( What do you think? Is it a good idea or is this going to blow up in my face Zenigata-style?

(click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: June 16, 2009, 12:54:45 am by Sad cactus »

alljackets67

• [Member]
Re: Invading AMV.org...XD
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2009, 11:56:52 pm »
I would say go for it! As long as you don't get in trouble if you over flood their forums. I would thank that a few people would catch on to Lupin with enough pictures and so forth to interest the mind. =)

Sad cactus

« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2009, 12:53:50 am »
Oh, yeah, of course--flood--within the rules  of the forum. ^^;;

Yep, that's what I'm hoping. I just finished a nice, long detailed caption under each of the screencaps that I was going to post on the forum, (the ones that I put in this thread) and by the time I was done, BAM, the forum logged me out and I lost the forum code and the captions! X__X  So I'll have to re-do them and I'm in no mood to type all of that out again tonight..X__X

But on a positive note, I entered Fujiko in a beauty contest on the forum---yeah, ^^;; I know it sounds a little silly, but I mean--come on, Faye Valentine is in it. There's no way that I'm going to let Faye Valentine win without a nice, long, bloody  fight from  our favorite femme fatale! ><

Geist_MD

• Boogie Woogie Loog Shugie!
  • [Member]
  • The Coiled Shuffler
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2009, 02:49:16 am »
I know that before I was a fan, I had seen Lupin images and maybe some AMVs around, but nothing to entice me into watching it. Short of hijacking a couple busses of people, and putting a VHS of Cagliostro in front of them, you're probably not gonna get much response. Sorry!
1-888-SPY-HARD

Sad cactus

« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2009, 07:34:12 am »
I know that before I was a fan, I had seen Lupin images and maybe some AMVs around, but nothing to entice me into watching it. Short of hijacking a couple busses of people, and putting a VHS of Cagliostro in front of them, you're probably not gonna get much response. Sorry!

Yeah, I guess you're right. : ( Still, at the very least, a few people have seen the screencaps. oO (44! oO;) I guess you can't convince anyone to do anything short of forcing them. But I can help them convince themselves. XD

In case why you're wondering why I'm putting up all of these screenshots here is  because AMV.org doesn't have an edit button, so i can't go back to get the code to embed the screenshots. Tell me if I need to remove some.

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 20, 2009, 10:55:55 am by Sad cactus »