Author Topic: Who are you, Guy? or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love Some ???'s  (Read 28694 times)

Geist_MD

• Boogie Woogie Loog Shugie!
  • [Member]
  • The Coiled Shuffler
Well, in the spirit of This Thread, I decided to post another. If nothing else, that thread is a fine read, and good info on some of the cooliest players here at LtT.net. So here's another in the new board, with a little more in-depth topic span.

What's your name, pal: Michael Davis, the Sausage King of Chicago.

What do you do for the $$$: Doctor for the Recently Deceased. Bustin' may make you feel good, but it puts food on my table.

Where do you live: West Coast, Shmest Coast. East is where it's at, buddy.

Any pets: Two, and they're both un-freaking-ruly, I tell you what.

The one thing you like most: My girlfriend, appropriately titled Dr. Girlfriend!

The one thing you dislike most: Muggy weather really makes an old injury I got in a car wreck ache like nobody's business.

Fav Lupin anything? Please limit to one thing: Character designs. Gunman, samurai, femme fatale, trickster. You can change their motives, their backstories, their jacket color but those designs are iconic.

Other anime you got the jones for: Cowboy Bebop, The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, Akira, Gunsmith Cats

Thing you hate about anime: The fans. The everloving, deluded, sometimes creepy fans. Ever seen someone make out with a blowup doll of Konata? I have.

Aside from the ol' asian pictures, what turns your crank: I don't have a lot of freetime, actually, but I try to squeeze in a book here or there. I also watch a lot of television, because it kind of raised me. It's strange, I feel weird if it's not on.

If Lupin and family/friends weren't in your life, what would your passtime be: Baseball. I used to pitch when I was young, and it's something I've always wanted to get back into. It's funny that I never did pursue it, but maybe when I've got a couple of kids I can shape them in my likeness show them a thing or two. If they're girls, man will they hate me when they grow up.

Gender: M to email. That spells, uh, Meail? Yeah. ....Yeah.

Sexual orientation: Straight, provided this doesn't interfere with liking superheros a lot. Wait, it does? Uh. Well, I've got comic books to burn, brb.

Allergies: YOU'RE FACE, PAL! Well, actually, I'm allergic to cotton. I don't know how this works, even though I've been to a buttload of dermatologists and done some research myself {hint}, but I break out in hives if I wear it. At one point I thought it might be some weird childhood thing, like it was in my head, and I even conned the previously mentioned Dr. GF into buying me some clothes of random material then trying them on without knowing what was on them, but sure enough my skin blewed up when I wore the cotton shirt for an hour. Not my brightest idea.

Anything else you'd like to mention: I came to LtT.net through knowing Reed prior to my being on-board as mod and intern, and I get paid nothin'. But he's a fun guy, and it's a blast being with these dudes {and dudettes!}, and in the roleplay we've got going on. Lupin seems to call out to me for some reason, whether it's in print or on a screen, and I love both the fandom and the fiction dang near to death. It's also an interest I've managed to hold on to for a long while, which isn't usual for me. Hopefully when my personal ten-year mark of fandom comes up, I'll still be as passionate about it!

Sweet or Sour: We have a thread on this! I'm on to your game, mister! No one pulls a fast one on ol' Feisty Geisty!

---

Share away, my peepz!
« Last Edit: August 08, 2009, 12:54:11 pm by Geist_MD »
1-888-SPY-HARD

desperate4loopin

• [Member]
ooh! I'll give this a go!

What do you do for the $$$: I'm a college student and I work for a maternity clothing company. I know. I live on the edge.

Where do you live:
Joy-zee

Any pets: a gray calico/tabby cat named Sergeant Pepper

The one thing you like most: the blues

The one thing you dislike most: narcissistic or overly prideful people

Fav Lupin anything? Please limit to one thing: the sideburns, man. they're so sexy

Other anime you got the jones for: (I love) Cowboy Bebop (too!) and Big O

Thing you hate about anime: the teenage angst, in your face love stories, the guys who look like chicks, shows like bleach, naruto, and FMA, and overly shiny things

Aside from the ol' asian pictures, what turns your crank:
I'm a fan of noir film and novels, punisher comics, some web design, jazz, and doodling
http://blightedmetal.deviantart.com

If Lupin and family/friends weren't in your life, what would your passtime be: I'm sure I'd latch onto something else, if not that I'm a very loyal and content fan of what I love now. But I usually just chill with friends in the style of jack kerouac

Sexual orientation: I'd date Lupin if he were real.

Allergies: None. I'm boring I suppose.

Anything else you'd like to mention: I had a very short stint in the USAF after high school and it didn't work out. I was young and stupid and missed my boyfriend back at home and left for him only to be dumped two years later. Oh well. We live and learn. I came home and was depressed and a bum for around a year and finally went back to school and got an associate in business admin. Now I'm currently working on a bachelors in something completely useless like art but I'd rather pursue something I love than something for the sake of practicality and a good paycheck. I'm probably crazy because of this.

Sweet or Sour:
sour cream and onion

Jo

• Part of the Gang
  • natto mmm.
    • I am a vegan. Except on half price wing night.
I was wondering where that thread went lols xD Anyways. Just cuz these are fun.

What's your name, you beautiful thing: Josephine Lee

What do you do for the $$$: I quit my job as an Assistant Project Manager to do absolutely nothing but play during my last free summer. It makes me sad thinking about being trapped in a university library for the next four years of my life.

Where do you live: West coast of Canada.

Any pets: Yup. An 130 pound TosaxRottie and a cat. Stupid cat.

The one thing you like most: Food. Oh how I love to eat.

The one thing you dislike most: Having priorities. And cell phones. I hate how people can get a hold of me at all times.

Fav Lupin anything? Please limit to one thing: Ah... I'll have to get back to this.

Other anime you got the jones for: One Piece.

Thing you hate about anime: I'm in the same boat as the doc-turd. I could never bring myself to get into anime just because of the downright creepiness of certain overzealous fans.

Aside from the ol' asian pictures, what turns your crank: Restaurant hopping and exploring in general.

If Lupin and family/friends weren't in your life, what would your passtime be: Probably painting and sculpting. It's actually something I would've pursued professionally if I'd pushed myself more back then. I don't put my artistic skills to much use these days. T-T

Sexual orientation: Straight.

Allergies: ASA (Aspirin). One pill and I'll swell, start vomiting, then be out cold (and/or delirious) for hours.

Anything else you'd like to mention: Well.... no. Not really.

Sweet or Sour: I'm not answering this again.

Lupin III Manga Database[Scanlations and such are here]

Dots Salchow

• Actually Dots Salchow
  • Part of the Gang
  • That's Dots to you!
    • Tumblr blog
What's your name, you beautiful thing: Dorien Van Dijck

What do you do for the $$$: I don't really have a job i get paid for, though i do get a monthly allowance.

Where do you live: Belgium (that tiny country between France and Holland... You know...)

Any pets: One cat, named Mr. Hubert. (Don't ask, it was my dad's idea to name him like that -_-;)

The one thing you like most: The internet.

The one thing you dislike most: People who think they know better.

Fav Lupin anything? Please limit to one thing: Just Lupin himself. What more do i need? <3

Other anime you got the jones for: Cyborg 009 (2001 remake), Azumanga Daioh... and that's about it...

Thing you hate about anime: Bishonen don't really bother me much, except when they're being stupid freakin' emo kids!

Aside from the ol' asian pictures, what turns your crank: I used to be a big shopaholic, but now i just focus on picking up the latest media/tech news.

If Lupin and family/friends weren't in your life, what would your passtime be: ...dreaming... *snooze*

Sexual orientation: Unsure.

Allergies: None, for as far as i know.

Anything else you'd like to mention: Uh... guess not...

Sweet or Sour: I've said it before, i won't say it again!

EDIT (December 4th 2010): made updates to my post.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2010, 05:00:20 pm by geckogirl191 »
Often caught but never held for long, Lupin III brought the gentleman-thief into this century with his hi-tech antics and old-world charm.
~Helen McCarthy, 500 Manga Heroes & Villains

LadyLupin

• Part of the Gang
  • Lady Lupin Sansei
What's your name, pal: Angela Woolsey

What do you do for the $$$: I'm a restaurant hostess & full-time college student

Where do you live: Lancaster int he state of Ohio

Any pets: A labrador dog named Lucy & two goldfish

The one thing you like most: karate (Big influence on my life)

The one thing you dislike most: lack of common sense in people today

Fav Lupin anything? Please limit to one thing: Green jacket Lupin

Other anime you got the jones for: Dragonball, Ashita no Joe. Cutey Honey, Sailor Moon etc.

Thing you hate about anime: The way out there fans, Censorship

Aside from the ol' asian pictures, what turns your crank: I like to read when I can and studying Asian culture. I also like karate & boxing.

If Lupin and family/friends weren't in your life, what would your pastime be: Traveling. I always wanted to travel Asia.

Sexual orientation: Straight as an arrow.

Allergies: I am allergic to certain metals. I can really only wear real gold or copper jewelry on a regular basis. Silver-providing there's no nickel.

Anything else you'd like to mention: I lost a lot of weight since I was at my heaviest in 2003/2004. My first love in life is karate and a year ago I fell in love with my second-amateur boxing. I'm pretty aggressive as a fighter, but outside of defense or competition I'm more of a lover. Lately, I try to associate with Taoist ideals too.

Sweet or Sour: Now quite sure. I didn't catch the thread about this. Sweet?

Inspector Zenigata

• Part of the Gang
  • Lupin Doujinshi Collector
What do you do for the $$$: I work in Hotel

Where do you live: Arizona

Any pets: none

The one thing you like most: friends, and family

The one thing you dislike most: People who think they know better.

Fav Lupin anything? Please limit to one thing: Character designs. Gunman, samurai, femme fatale, trickster. You can change their motives, their backstories, their jacket color but those designs are iconic. (thanks Geist)

Other anime you got the jones for: Fullemtal Alchemist 2, Slap Up Party -Arad Senki- Kamen no Maid Guy, Bleach and Kaiketsu Zorori

Thing you hate about anime: The fans. The everloving, deluded, sometimes creepy fans. And the Fans that believe Dragonball Z is this sh--!

Aside from the ol' asian pictures, what turns your crank: Music, Novels, Graphic Design

If Lupin and family/friends weren't in your life, what would your passtime be: Graffiti, Photography, Traveling and Video Games

Sexual orientation: Straight

Allergies: none...yet

Anything else you'd like to mention: I am a Fighting Gamer (play Fighter Video Games) i play on a Very High Competition Level i travel the USA to fight in most major tournaments

Sweet or Sour: Sour...

angelidollinda

• Part of the Gang
  • I believe in the power of the thief!
What's your name, pal: Kelsey K. 

What do you do for the $$$: Right now I'm unemployed, but at my last job I sold video games the mall near my house.

Where do you live: Californyis the place you outta be.

Any pets: Two tabby cats, Bunbun and Biscuit.

The one thing you like most: Bunnies!

The one thing you dislike most: The crap we call movies nowadays.

Fav Lupin anything? Please limit to one thing: The personalities of the characters. Everyone is just so different but they all make the series a blast. 

Other anime you got the jones for: I've got a big list, but right now I'm enjoying Honey and Clover, Gunsmith Cats, GA: Geijutsuka Design School, and xXxHolic (boy, do I love me some CLAMP).

Thing you hate about anime: Fans who feel their fandom is superior to others, Anime fanatics who think they know everything about Japan because of Anime, and Anime that's basically a carbon copy of other series (but still gets a ridiculous fanbase). 

Aside from the ol' asian pictures, what turns your crank: I love art, I've been drawing for as long as I could remember. I definitely want to pursue a career in this field, even if it means I'll be penniless... ^^;

If Lupin and family/friends weren't in your life, what would your passtime be: I'd probably focus more on art. That and sewing. I've been collecting retro clothing patterns and I should be getting around to making clothes out of the hundred bolts of fabric I've been hoarding in our sewing room...

Sexual orientation: Straight. Yup.

Allergies: I'm actually allergic to grass. If I even touch it, I just start itching like crazy.

Anything else you'd like to mention: I'm really good at making cookies. No, really! 89

Sweet or Sour: I didn't see the thread about this, but I've inherited my grandmother's famous sweet tooth. Sweets all the way!
Les temps sont durs pour les r

DrFurball

• Just Stupidly Unfunny Enough
  • Part of the Gang
  • The hero of today, yeah!
What's your name, pal: Dr. George Furball III, grandson of Captain George Furball, legendary pirate.

What do you do for the $$$: I used to be a comic artist for a local church, but now I'm unemployed. A fat starving artist, if you will.

Where do you live: That place where the blue moon of Kentucky keeps on shining.

Any pets: My grandmother and aunt (whom I live with) have a female beagle and 4 pups.  I don't have any myself, although I would like an emperor penguin.

The one thing you like most: Laughter.  Whether my own or others.  If I don't make someone laugh in a day, then it's automatically a bad day.

The one thing you dislike most: Lawn gnomes. Those porcelain devils are trying to take over the world and no one knows it.

Fav Lupin anything? Please limit to one thing: Fight scene: Lupin vs General Headhunter in Dead or Alive. Brought a big goofy smile first time I saw it.

Other anime you got the jones for: Bobobo-Bo Bo-bobo, Cowboy Bebop, Azumanga Daioh,the Super Mario Bros. and Sonic the Hedgehog OVAs, too.

Thing you hate about anime: Not exclusive to anime, but angsting, brooding characters.  I hate it. Batman does it well.  Most others I've seen do not.  Also not big on the whole "harem" genre as a whole.

Aside from the ol' asian pictures, what turns your crank: Drawing, writing (check out my webcomic), telling jokes, hanging out with friends, classic rock and jazz music, video games (I'm a big Nintendo fanboy), and pepperoni pizza.

If Lupin and family/friends weren't in your life, what would your passtime be: See above.  My webcomic would be a lot different visually, though.

Allergies: Sulfa, penicillin, mosquitos, and the films of Aaron Seltzer and Jason Friedberg

Anything else you'd like to mention: Dodongo dislikes smoke.  And I can recite pi to the 14th decimal place.

Sweet or Sour: Sweet.  I like spicy a lot too, but that's not one of the choices.
Ceci n'est pas une signature.
Weird in a Can! (Updates weekdays)

Sad cactus

What's your name, pal: Sad Cactus, or the Cactus enemy in Yoshi's Island that sits all day bouncing a round cactus-looking-but-not-quite monster on his head until Yoshi eats it, and then he slouches and his smile turns into a frown--but then he grows? another one and starts bouncing the new monster on his head.

What  will you do for the $$$:  I want be on that freaking stage and in the VO booth like a mosquito wants blood. Will I succeed? I MUST succeed.

Where do you live: Nowhere near Burbank....yet. ^^

Any pets: She was a great friend.

The one thing you like most: Good things reported in the news. So rare..: (

The one thing you dislike most: Eggs.Yuuck.

Fav Lupin anything? Please limit to one thing: The ever-changing personalities of the big five! ^^

Other anime you got the jones for: Hellsing, Saiyuki, Robotech, Trinity Blood, Fullmetal Alchemist, Noein, Wolf's Rain

Thing you hate about anime: FLIPPIN' HAREM ANIME..

Aside from the ol' asian pictures, what turns your crank: Groovin' to music--if a song plays, I can't resist head-bobbing or head-banging.

If Lupin and family/friends weren't in your life, what would your pastime be: My tastes in anime would be solely of the irredeemably bleak nature (Trinity Blood, Hellsing, Fullmetal Alchemist, Noein, Wolf's Rain)

Sexual orientation: Honestly, I don't know. ^^

Allergies: Dogs...;_;  Why is the non-human animal I relate with the best the one I'm allergic to?! X__X

Anything else you'd like to mention: I have blue socks.  If you know where that quote is from, lets reminisce together about how there used to be good shows on KidsWB.

Sweet or Sour: Sweet.  Sour, definitely. Pickles taste weird sweet.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2009, 05:31:17 am by Sad cactus »

Zoo Station

• [Member]
    • The Fedora Chronicles
What's your name, pal: Zoo Station, taken from the name of a song by U2, my favorite band.

What  will you do for the $$$: I currently work in a video game store, although doing something music-related is my dream so I'm working toward that at the moment.

Where do you live: Nashville, TN. It's not that great.

Any pets: One dog named Dustee

The one thing you like most: Music is one of my biggest passions. I can never tire of it.

The one thing you dislike most: Unreliable people

Fav Lupin anything? Please limit to one thing: It's so hard to choose but I'll go with Castle of Cagliostro.

Other anime you got the jones for: None, really. Lupin's the only one that's ever held my interest.

Thing you hate about anime: A lot of them feature people just staring at each other and screaming without really doing anything. Some movement would be nice once in a while.

Aside from the ol' asian pictures, what turns your crank: My Christian faith, music, film, writing, reading, golf, history, chess, astronomy, travel, adventure in general.

If Lupin and family/friends weren't in your life, what would your pastime be: Probably the same as what I listed above. I have a lot of hobbies and interests.

Allergies: None that I know of

Anything else you'd like to mention: This is a great community of fans and it's been great getting to know all of you over the years.

Sweet or Sour: Depends on my mood

alljackets67

• [Member]
Re: Who are you, Guy? or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love Some ???'s
« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2009, 05:06:44 pm »
What's your name, pal: alljackets67

What do you do for the $$$: allowance

Where do you live: East coast!

Any pets: 16 lizards, 2 dogs, 2 guinea pigs, and 7 fish

The one thing you like most: Can't choose...

The one thing you dislike most: No one is joining my pink jacket series Facebook group.  :'(

Fav Lupin anything? Please limit to one thing: The fact that no matter what I watch, it's all gooood!

Other anime you got the jones for: Speed Racer, Astro Boy, Gunsmith Cats, Cowboy Bebop

Thing you hate about anime:  Overly sexed up anime.  :P

Aside from the ol' asian pictures, what turns your crank: Music, classic animation (I love Jonny Quest!!!), film, Technical Theatre, vintage films, and cars!

If Lupin and family/friends weren't in your life, what would your passtime be: I would probably watch more old or new anime; or build cars

Allergies: weird anti-biotic thing they don't use anymore

Anything else you'd like to mention: I'm a dork, but people say I'm not, so I don't know what to think. I love animation! Especially classic animation. Most of my tastes make me an outsider to my own generation. This forums is amazing!!!!! Also, please join my pink jacket series Facebook group!

Sweet or Sour: Both. We need to include spicy.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2009, 05:14:42 pm by alljackets67 »

Fujiko Lover

• Part of the Gang
    • Not A Hoax! Not A Dream! (my blog)
« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2009, 08:52:15 pm »
Okay, I'll do this...

What's your name, pal: Matt

What do you do for the $$$: Construction Insurance.  The most exciting field in the world.

Where do you live: California Bay Area.

Any pets: No, but I grew up with two dogs (one of which still lives with my parents), and I want to get one for myself eventually.

The one thing you like most: Hmm... the room I call my "Library."  Because it's full of other things that I like!

The one thing you dislike most: Annoying people.

Fav Lupin anything? Please limit to one thing: Yuji Ohno! (You thought I'd say Fujiko, didn't you?  Well, my forum name is a red herring!)

Other anime you got the jones for: The original Mobile Suit Gundam (and some of its spin-offs), Dragonball & Dragonball Z (but not GTNever GT!!), Cowboy Bebop, The Big-O.  And of course, the anime "gateway drug," Robotech!  There are others I like, but those are my all-time favorites.

Thing you hate about anime: The ridiculous character designs that have worked their way into nearly every show these days.  What happened to the "big eyes but still basically human-looking" characters they used to have?!?

Aside from the ol' asian pictures, what turns your crank: Anime is actually a very small hobby compared to other stuff.  I'm into Star Trek, Star Wars, and lots of TV shows including Lost, 24, and recently, Mad Men.  I read Marvel Comics (though I haven't enjoyed much of their output for the past several years), and I collect Transformers and G.I. Joe figures, among the occasional other collectible.  I go to the movies a lot, and I like to hang out with my friends.

If Lupin and family/friends weren't in your life, what would your pastime be: See above -- reading comics and watching TV all day long!  I'm a big San Francisco Giants fan, too.

Sexual orientation: Straight.

Allergies: Just seasonal hay fever.  That's about it.

Anything else you'd like to mention: Not that I can think of offhand.

Sweet or Sour: Can I say both?  I like sweet & sour pork quite a bit.

Southern_Belle

• [Member]
« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2009, 09:48:43 am »
Better late than never, eh?

What's your name, you sweet southern thing: Susan Jacobs

Cash, check, or plastic?: None currently, still hunting for income.

Place of residence?: Smack dab in the middle of nowhere!

Minions?: A darl'n doberman named Neli.

The one thing you like most: My brand new hammock.

The one thing you dislike most: Boredom, I have to keep busy.

Fav Lupin anything? Please limit to one thing: I'd have to say the music. Funky fun, iconic, the original theme's been remixed so many times but in the end the classic is the best.

Other anime you enjoy: Trigun, Cowboy Bebop, I don't see much really.

Thing you hate about anime: Poor dubbing. It's grating.

Interests and hobbies: Drawing, reading, I used to paint a lot but don't have the scratch for canvas and paints anymore. Maybe after I get a job.

If Lupin and family/friends weren't in your life, what would your passtime be: Track! Ms. Jacob's li'l girl used to run like the wind, believe you me.  Don't quite know where I'd go to jog nowadays, it's more racing other people than on your own. Then again that might be me being competitive.

Sexual orientation: Girls are nice but I love me some handsome boys.

Allergies: Bees. It hasn't been an issue since the family moved up north but back in Georgia if one got in five feet of me I'd have to run for the door.

Anything else you'd like to mention: I'd like to think I bake some of the best dang pecan pie on this side of the Mississippi, but I don't know for certain.

Sweet or Sour: Spicy!

mizducky

• [Member]
  • "Go on punk, make my day."
    • Personal website
« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2009, 11:11:44 pm »
What's your name, pal: For reals? Ellen. But I've never felt like an "Ellen." I've had the nickname "Ducky" since college; even before the Internet, there were people who only knew me as Ducky and could never remember my so-called "real" name; and I've only cemented that in place by adopting mizducky as my default online handle. Though relatively recently I started using loopy-chan for my Lupin cosplay account on Gaia Online, and it's turned into a whole other alternate persona for me ...

What do you do for the $$$: I am Self (Under)-Employed! ;D I had been doing computer geekery (mainly web content writing/editing and desktop publishing), but as that's dried up in the economic downturn, I've taken to doing Home Caretaker work for elderly clients to support myself through some continuing ed classes at the local community college.

Where do you live: Sunny, Silly Southern California.

Any pets: Alas, none currently, though my current housemate has a cute and amazingly non-annoying little white doggie (I think I've only heard her bark twice since I moved in a month ago). Used to always live with cats. I miss 'em.

The one thing you like most: Learning new stuff. Especially about culture, history, and arts, but just about any new stuff, I love to learn. I was one of those geeky kids who'd sit all day reading the dictionary or the encyclopedia; and today one of my favorite pastimes is to play Wikipedia Free Association. If school weren't so damn expensive, I'd be a perpetual student forever. I'd be the happiest knowledge sponge in the world.

The one thing you dislike the most: Living and/or working in a toxic environment full of psychos. Alas, I've had some really crappy luck in this department ... :P

Fav Lupin anything? Please limit to one thing: Oh god, you really want me to pick just one?!? Crap. Okay, right at this moment the answer is: the relationship between Lupin and Jigen. It's morphed over the years and the different media and the different series and the specials and the movies, but there's always that foxhole-buddy giving-each-other-shit but having-each-other's-back dynamic that I really dig. And the banter is fabulous. I'm a sucker for banter.

Other anime you got the jones for: My four other main favorites: Cowboy Bebop. Trigun. FLCL. Ghost in the Shell (the two movies; though I've only seen a few epsodes of the first GITS TV series, I've loved what I've seen). Others: Anyone ever heard of Vampire Princess Miyu? Loved that. Vampire Hunter D. Saw a couple of episodes of Samurai 7 and thought it was killer. Someone mentioned Akira--yep. Someone else mentioned the Big O--yep too. And I was into Astro Boy back when I was way too young to even know it was from Japan.

Thing you hate about anime: The whole excessively cute adolescent girl character trip. Moe, lolicon, whatever the heck you wanna call it. I have absolutely no interest in cutesy girly stuff, whether it be chick flicks, chick lit, or chick anime. One of the bazillion reasons why I love FLCL -- Haruko is, like, the Bizarro World anti-Cute Grrl, god/ess bless her Rickenbacker-whapping soul. Also one of the reasons I love Fujiko, for that matter--a simpering Clueless Girl she is not. Interestingly, while some pundits insist that Lady Clarisse started the whole moe trip, I have a whole soapbox speech that, especially if you follow the sub rather than the dub script of Cagliostro, you see that Clarisse is a whole lot more than just a hapless little cute thing ... but I digress.  ;D

Aside from the ol' asian pictures, what turns your crank: Writing. Theatre/acting. Cooking. Asian culture (watashi wa nihongo no gakusei desu). Music (big fan of Frank Zappa and Steely Dan). Online communities. Exploring funky alternative urban culture. Road trips.

If Lupin and family/friends weren't in your life, what would your passtime be: See everything under "what turns my crank."  ;)

Gender: Biologically female. Psychologically a bit on the "butch" side.

Sexual orientation: Leaning hard towards the queer end of the Kinsey scale.

Allergies: PABA sunscreen.

Anything else you'd like to mention: It is interesting to be a geezer in any number of fandoms, online communities, and pastimes where the median age is a good couple of decades younger than my current age (53). But then, I somehow have never conformed to norms of "age-appropriate" activities, no more than I've ever conformed to norms of "gender-appropriate" activities. It's not like I've set out to be a rebel; I just follow my nose, and then look up and realize "oops, I seem to be violating norms again. Oh well ..."  ;D

Sweet or Sour: How about "umami"?  8)
« Last Edit: September 28, 2009, 11:15:36 pm by mizducky »
Lupin fanfic work-in-progress: "Fun and Thieving in Las Vegas"
http://www.mizducky.com/churchofwhoopie/2008/08/fun-and-thievin.html

Lupin_Lover

« Reply #14 on: September 30, 2009, 12:16:29 am »
I think it’s my turn?

What's your name?:  If I tell you, I’d have to kidnap you.  Doesn't matter what you call me, I usually answer "Hmmm?"

Cash, check, or plastic?:  I’d like all of the above please.  And a lot of them as well.

Place of residence?:  I'm an ex-military brat.  Which means moving is in my genes.  The answer you get today might not be the answer you get tomorrow.

Any Pets?: Sure you don't mean any 'pests'?  There are two cats who think that they own me.  Well, I do have to admit that they have me pretty well trained.  They yowl, I come running.

The one thing you like most:  Freedom.

The one thing you dislike most: Pokemon.  Ever seen a 50 year old man in Walmart wearing a Pikachu shirt and yelling out “Pika, Pika, Pika….chu!”?  *shudders*  I have. 

Fav Lupin anything? Please limit to one thing: All of it.  That’s one thing, isn’t it?

Other anime you enjoy: Cowboy Bebop, Gunsmith Cats, Akira, Battle Angel, Ghost in the Shell, Macross, Patlabor.  The list could go on and on.

Thing you hate about anime: A lot of the fans.  I enjoy anime, I like it but I also have another life!

Interests and hobbies: Writing, drawing, painting, listening to music, reading, working on websites, horseback riding, fishing, cooking.

If Lupin and family/friends weren't in your life, what would your passtime be:
I’d probably be more into website design. Hmm.  Maybe even a social life?

Sexual orientation: Bi-sexual leaning towards straight.

Allergies: Pennicillin, Codiene, Morphene (it’s hell when you’re in pain!), bees, olives (oh the lack on pizzas!) and onions (This is lucky.  It’s poison for cats! And mine try to steal my food.)

Anything else you'd like to mention: Not really. 

Sweet or Sour: Sweet and sour.  Only way to go.  Fits my personality too.