Author Topic: Do These Look Familiar?  (Read 9346 times)

Robotech_Master

• Part of the Gang
Do These Look Familiar?
« on: December 22, 2007, 06:13:52 pm »
These are screenshots taken from the first GinRei special (from the Giant Robo anime series). In the anime, they're among a number of other still photos from Agent GinRei's file, detailing past exploits.

I think they might look a littleā€¦familiar (well, the first, certainly. The second may be just a coincidence, but it looks similar in pose to me to another shot from the same movie).

mc_carter

• [Member]
Re: Do These Look Familiar?
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2007, 09:32:11 pm »
thats awesome

Robotech_Master

• Part of the Gang
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2007, 10:51:33 pm »
What makes it even funnier is that Ginrei's Japanese voice actress is none other than Sumi "Princess Clarice" Shimamoto.

DrFurball

• Just Stupidly Unfunny Enough
  • Part of the Gang
  • The hero of today, yeah!
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2007, 03:23:35 am »
In my own graphic novel, I include a parody of the same shot.  But that's not yet noteworthy.
On the other hand, that is a pretty cool reference.  Something that not even all Lupin fans would get.
Ceci n'est pas une signature.
Weird in a Can! (Updates weekdays)

Gozar

• Part of the Gang
    • Otaku in a Bottle
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2007, 12:17:42 am »
God that is awesome. Just goes to show what an influence Lupin still is.

Nick Loc

• [Member]
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2008, 03:10:06 am »
that first pic is undenyably taken from Lupin !!  ;D

i like it , it's one of lupin's most famous scenes (as recrated in the castle of coligostro i belive)

i always liked that part it always stood out for me ... was actually thinking they should re-do that part in newer TV specials !

thats pretty cool though , it's a homage to lupin ... lol she even has a walther p-38
<br />

Robotech_Master

• Part of the Gang
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2008, 01:13:13 am »
Here's one more, also from the first GinRei OAV! Note what's going on in the right-hand side of the frame, and what's in the background.

And here's another. This may be reaching, but get a load of the guy in the blue jacket halfway out into the aisle right under Ginrei's arm, and the guy in the dark hat over to the left.

« Last Edit: February 17, 2008, 01:19:37 am by Robotech_Master »

Nick Loc

• [Member]
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2008, 04:43:32 pm »
i don't see what you mean in the first pic . however the airplane pic , the guy resembles the green jacket lupin for sure !
<br />

Fujiko Lover

• Part of the Gang
    • Not A Hoax! Not A Dream! (my blog)
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2008, 06:53:38 pm »
Every time this thread comes back to life, the title has me expecting that it's about Fujiko...    ;)

Robotech_Master

• Part of the Gang
« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2008, 10:09:01 pm »
Well, the background in the first picture strongly resembles the Cagliostro chapel, and the priest's outfit is that of the Archbishop from Cagliostro.

mc_carter

• [Member]
« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2008, 02:32:03 am »
I need to watch this and finish giant robo.

DrFurball

• Just Stupidly Unfunny Enough
  • Part of the Gang
  • The hero of today, yeah!
« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2008, 05:29:46 am »
There's a few references in Azumanga Daioh, which, come to think of it, I should try to finish watching soon.

In episode 8, in her dream, Tomo does a pretty good imitation of Fujiko when she screams out Lupin's name for no reason.

And in episode 20, Tomo mentions Fujiko again when explains that she grew her hair out the previous year to look like her.

She also mentions in the same episode that the wants to become an officer of ICPO.
Ceci n'est pas une signature.
Weird in a Can! (Updates weekdays)

KoichiZenigata

• Part of the Gang
  • Stealing Japan for a Year
    • Lupin has a podcast
« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2010, 04:53:33 pm »
I just saw the episode again
and Tomo is wearing the same sort of outfit that Fujiko wears in Angel Tactics at the end

toprngr

• [Member]
« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2010, 12:54:06 am »
All of this is indeed attention worthy and I believe that it would be worth the time to watch as well. As a matter of fact, Lupin is really a great anime and it is still famous in these modern times as well, just like a few more animes. In fact, it is indeed fun to watch and the characters looks great too. She is definitely the good looking and cute one. I have been watching it for a few times now.

blackjacket

• Part of the Gang
« Reply #14 on: August 24, 2010, 09:07:50 pm »
All of this is indeed attention worthy and I believe that it would be worth the time to watch as well. As a matter of fact, Lupin is really a great anime and it is still famous in these modern times as well, just like a few more animes. In fact, it is indeed fun to watch and the characters looks great too. She is definitely the good looking and cute one. I have been watching it for a few times now.

Ask yourself how many anime series that began in 70s (or 60s if you count Pilot movie) is still a popular franchise today?
Not many. The ones I know are just two. Lupin and Gundam