Author Topic: Zenigata does the live-action Tick thing.  (Read 4292 times)

GATSU

• Part of the Gang
Re: Zenigata does the live-action Tick thing.
« Reply #15 on: October 07, 2016, 11:02:51 AM »
black: Yeah, if you really want solo Zenigata adventures, I think they got manga you can import, now, instead.

Aelia

• Part of the Gang
« Reply #16 on: October 14, 2016, 01:56:03 PM »
If they can't work up the cash to rent out cars for a Zenigata-style chase, then all hope is lost.

Red Dear

• Lupin The Third analyst and crazy penciller
  • Part of the Gang
    • DeviantArt gallery
« Reply #17 on: October 14, 2016, 09:31:26 PM »
Live-Action drama series usually work on a tight budget (Television, remember), but they have been
acceptable car chases on TV so not all hope is lost. I just hope this will allow the franchise to continue its
recent regrowth. ^^
Time to play the game, time to get a chance !

GATSU

• Part of the Gang
« Reply #18 on: December 26, 2016, 07:17:26 AM »
The site's gonna otherwise gonna be region-blocked, but you can check out a clip of the show via Hulu Japan's Twitter here.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2016, 07:17:42 AM by GATSU »

Thief in a Red Jacket

• Part of the Gang
« Reply #19 on: December 26, 2016, 09:10:58 AM »
Well, I was mildly intrigued by this, but I don't like what I'm seeing here.

I think it's better to leave Zenigata (or any Lupin character) in animated form. I can tell the actor's trying to attempt some of Zenigata's goofy facial expressions, but it doesn't look like it's working.

VampireNaomi

• Part of the Gang
« Reply #20 on: December 26, 2016, 12:31:30 PM »
Can't say I care for that either. If they took a more serious approach, I think something like this could be very good, but it looks like they're going for pure comedy. For example, they could start the series with Lupin's disappearance and have it be about Zenigata discovering a massive conspiracy that he got entangled in, and have the whole thing end with finding out what happened to Lupin. I'd watch that.

GATSU

• Part of the Gang
« Reply #21 on: December 26, 2016, 06:37:41 PM »
Interesting. Via Crunchyroll
It will also broadcast on Hulu Japan and on the satellite network WOWOW. Each outlet will have unique "case file" story episodes for the series, so that viewers can enjoy a different viewing experience on their preferred platform.

DrFurball

• Just Stupidly Unfunny Enough
  • Part of the Gang
  • The hero of today, yeah!
« Reply #22 on: December 26, 2016, 10:27:40 PM »
Just going by that single clip, it's weird how jarring and out-of-place Zenigata looks in his own show. I mean, do police investigators even wear trench coats and fedoras anymore? I really think this would work better as a 60s-70s period piece. Then again, I feel that way about the franchise as a whole.

As for the actual concept of the series, part of me wants to say that I'm not interested since it feels like it's an "in name only" adaptation, since we've not heard anything about Lupin or his gang showing up, right? On the other hand, though, this is supposed to be the same Koichi Zenigata we know and love, and it might be cool to see him outside of his usual context. As long as it's true to the character and entertaining, I'm down for it.
Ceci n'est pas une signature.

Lupus Zeniga

• Part of the Gang
« Reply #23 on: December 27, 2016, 12:01:18 PM »
I never knew about this till I heard about it on AnimeNewsNetwork.

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/daily-briefs/2016-12-26/live-action-zenigata-keibu-show-visual-previews-ryohei-suzuki-in-title-role/.110359
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt6115012/

I have mixed feelings about this. On one hand, it's great to see a Lupin show centered on Zenigata.

Unfortunately, it's on a low budget and is limited to Japanese crimes, and the odds are good that there may not be any direct appearance of Lupin or his gang, maybe just Zenigata rambling about them or something.

Still, Ryohei Suzuki looks like a great Zenigata.

GATSU

• Part of the Gang
« Reply #24 on: January 17, 2017, 01:34:03 AM »
Nothing new, except for a poster.

Lupus Zeniga

• Part of the Gang
« Reply #25 on: February 15, 2017, 01:06:33 AM »
Has anyone seen this yet? How did they find it?

Thief in a Red Jacket

• Part of the Gang
« Reply #26 on: February 15, 2017, 08:28:13 PM »
Has anyone seen this yet? How did they find it?
If you google "Zenigata Keibu Episode 1" you can find a few sources streaming it without subtitles.

I'm gonna wait to watch the whole episode until it gets fansubbed or legitimately subbed, but I did watch a bit of it up until the title sequence. I have to admit, I like what I saw. I was initially skeptical of the show, but it seems like it could be pretty fun.

I really like the show's title sequence. Whenever you watch it, you'll see (and hear  ;)) what I mean.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2017, 07:56:38 AM by Thief in a Red Jacket »

Lupus Zeniga

• Part of the Gang
« Reply #27 on: February 17, 2017, 04:14:57 AM »
I have to admit, I like what I saw. I was initially skeptical of the show, but it seems like it could be pretty fun.

I really like the show's title sequence. Whenever you watch it, you'll see (and hear  ;)) what I mean.
I'll have to wait till someone is kind enough to upload it to YouTube, but what you've said is encouraging indeed. Thank you.

DrFurball

• Just Stupidly Unfunny Enough
  • Part of the Gang
  • The hero of today, yeah!
« Reply #28 on: February 18, 2017, 12:37:07 AM »
I'm gonna wait to watch the whole episode until it gets fansubbed or legitimately subbed, but I did watch a bit of it up until the title sequence. I have to admit, I like what I saw. I was initially skeptical of the show, but it seems like it could be pretty fun.
Agreed. I think the dude playing Zenigata looks a bit young, but he really nails his mannerisms from what I saw. And I couldn't really tell what was going on, but I assume the first episode's plot is about
(click to show/hide)

Also agreed. Put a huge smile on my face.
Ceci n'est pas une signature.

Akai Shuichi

• Shottogun
  • Part of the Gang
« Reply #29 on: February 19, 2017, 05:15:39 PM »
Actually watching this in its entirety is a bit of a mess. NTV Aired the 1hr30m movie version. And then Hulu JP has the NTV Movie streaming on its site + is rolling out 4 exclusive HuluJP episodes. AND THEN WOWOW aired the NTV Movie + has 4 exclusive episodes of its own rolling out as well.

The NTV Movie version is basically intended to break you in I believe and then the Hulu and WOWOW episodes are kind of self-contained after that.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2017, 11:34:00 PM by Akai Shuichi »