Author Topic: Fujiko not 'marriage material' in Japan?  (Read 14045 times)

GATSU

• Part of the Gang
Fujiko not 'marriage material' in Japan?
« on: June 26, 2017, 04:05:27 pm »
A survey has anime fans putting her on a list of eligible bachelorettes they'd rather die than marry.  ::)

Lupus Zeniga

• Part of the Gang
Re: Fujiko not 'marriage material' in Japan?
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2017, 03:46:14 pm »
I'm probably expressing an unpopular opinion, but yeah Fujiko is dangerous and untrustworthy and so deserves a place on that poll (though I don't think she should be so high).

A lot of people find her capricious and double-dealing part of her charm, and others find it a turn-off. As sensual and smart as she is, she's not going to take to marriage unless it benefits her and unless she can get out of it.

Aelia

• Part of the Gang
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2017, 04:39:53 pm »
I'm probably expressing an unpopular opinion, but yeah Fujiko is dangerous and untrustworthy and so deserves a place on that poll (though I don't think she should be so high).

A lot of people find her capricious and double-dealing part of her charm, and others find it a turn-off. As sensual and smart as she is, she's not going to take to marriage unless it benefits her and unless she can get out of it.

Honestly, I agree that she deserves a spot on that poll.

Besides, what I find more bizarre is that Yui Hirasawa from K-On is somehow on both lists. Like, c'mon. Either she is or she isn't!
« Last Edit: June 28, 2017, 04:40:38 pm by Aelia »

Snesgamer

• Part of the Gang
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2017, 08:52:29 am »
Have you got a counter-argument as to how she SHOULDN'T be on that list? She pretty much backstabs any guy she gets this far with and makes them look like fools.

GATSU

• Part of the Gang
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2017, 03:02:15 pm »
Sure. At least she appreciates you when you show interest in her. Oh, and she's not a wishy-washy airhead. So that's nice, too. And from what I've seen, unlike most women, she has the class not to interrupt my bus-ride or movie-going experience by talking out loud on her smart-phone or texting. Oh, and her life doesn't revolve around terrible reality shows and shallow YA adaptations she would've looked immature enjoying, if she was still in the same targeted age group purchasing those things.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2017, 03:20:03 pm by GATSU »