Author Topic: The New Random Conversation Thread  (Read 179651 times)

Geist_MD

• Boogie Woogie Loog Shugie!
  • [Member]
  • The Coiled Shuffler
The New Random Conversation Thread
« on: July 04, 2009, 03:17:17 am »
The old one was old and I think the ceiling caved in. Here's the new one. I'll start us off:

My tummy hurts. Remedies, people?  :'(

EDIT: Link to the last page of the old thread.

EDITEDIT: Ginger & sugar tea seemed to help!
« Last Edit: July 05, 2009, 01:27:48 pm by Geist_MD »
1-888-SPY-HARD

Ishikawa Goemon

• Part of the Gang
  • Derpin' along.
Re: The New Random Conversation Thread
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2009, 03:21:54 am »
If you have nausea, aim for ginger, though eating something bland like a banana or toast can sometimes help, too. I know, I've been advertising ginger these last few days for easing the pain of headaches in particular, but it helped me a fair bit; mind you, having it in its raw, most concentrated form worked best, obviously. But, back to stomach issues. My mom used to drape a cloth soaked in warm, diluted apple cider vinegar over me when I felt ill, and when I woke up from a nap, the problem would usually be cleared up (though whether I only just slept off the stomach-ache or not, and if the vinegar actually did anything, I can't say)

If all else fails, curl into a ball and will it away!
« Last Edit: July 04, 2009, 03:24:03 am by Ishikawa Goemon »
Lupin will look up and shout, "Save us, plot-device!", and I'll look down and whisper, "No".

Geist_MD

• [Member]
  • The Coiled Shuffler
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2009, 03:37:30 am »
Curling, curling, aaaaaaaaaand done! Still there, but I'm warm. I think I might have eaten bad eggs. ;_;
1-888-SPY-HARD

Jo

• Part of the Gang
  • natto mmm.
    • I am a vegan. Except on half price wing night.
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2009, 03:43:30 am »
Ginger is the wonder cure.

If you simmer a stick of rock sugar
(See below - you don't want that candied stuff that comes on a stick)

and a bunch of ginger slices in water, you get a nice er.... soup of sorts, which would probably be the easiest and least overwhelming way to down some ginger. This isn't exactly a tummy ache cure, as it's actually a recipe for a certain tong sui base (a Chinese dessert) but I always find that it makes me feel better inside. =) It could also be that you've got a bit of gas trapped? You could try drinking carbonated water or something else fizzy.

If all else fails.... NauseaheartburnindigestionupsetstomachdiarrhoeaYAY PEPTO BISMOL!

Lupin III Manga Database[Scanlations and such are here]

DrFurball

• Just Stupidly Unfunny Enough
  • Part of the Gang
  • The hero of today, yeah!
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2009, 03:45:04 am »
I think I might have eaten bad eggs. ;_;
Bad eggs, eh? (Sorry.)

Conversations like this make me glad I don't get stomachaches.  It's one of my powers.
Ceci n'est pas une signature.
Weird in a Can! (Updates weekdays)

Jo

• Part of the Gang
  • natto mmm.
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2009, 04:02:30 am »
Oh my Eneru! (Nerdy? Yes. Do I care? No.l) My inner fangirl just died of joy. The One Piece manga is getting a speed up here in N.America this January! We'll no longer be 30+ volumes behind the Japanese releases. T-T It's a happy happy day.

Sad cactus

« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2009, 03:46:58 pm »
Ah, everything's fresh and new! ^^ I like how this section is called the hideout. ^^ That's great, JoYi, that One Piece is catching up to it in Japan. ^^

Wow, I just noticed this, now. oO The little status-things on the left are themed, now--cool! ^_^
« Last Edit: July 05, 2009, 12:32:04 pm by Sad cactus »

Geist_MD

• [Member]
  • The Coiled Shuffler
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2009, 01:27:05 pm »
Ah, everything's fresh and new! ^^ I like how this section is called the hideout. ^^ That's great, JoYi, that One Piece is catching up to it in Japan. ^^

Wow, I just noticed this, now. oO The little status-things on the left are themed, now--cool! ^_^

Like the name? WELL 2 BAD CUZ I'M TAKIN IT BACK

So anyway, I'm remodeling, yeah? So boring, so long, so tedious, argh. And I have another stomach ache, but this time because I ate too much. ;_; WHAT IS IT WITH MY STOMACH, BLOARHG
1-888-SPY-HARD

angelidollinda

• Part of the Gang
  • I believe in the power of the thief!
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2009, 02:19:45 pm »
Applied for a job listing on Craig's List and moved my old TV back into my room after rescuinggetting it back from my sister when I helped her move on Friday. I'm still a bit miffed about the move, since my sister could have been more grateful that I at least tried to help and could have treated me like an adult instead of a stupid kid... but that's just the story of my life as the youngest of two girls I guess. :(
Les temps sont durs pour les r

Sad cactus

« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2009, 05:12:36 pm »
I hope your stomach feels better. oO;  The renovations look great. ^^
« Last Edit: July 05, 2009, 05:14:52 pm by Sad cactus »

mizducky

• [Member]
  • "Go on punk, make my day."
    • Personal website
« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2009, 02:38:44 pm »
I am now in the midst of "hell week," the week before a theatre production opens, in which all the tech stuff (sound, lights, sets, etc.), costuming, props, and so on get dropped on the actors all at the same time, and are made to fit together. Long, often tedious rehearsals every night of the week until opening. And since this is community theatre, complicated by lots of jury-rigged equipment and amateur crew of varying levels of (in)experience. This is the week when I have to keep reminding myself that I willingly tried out for and accepted a part in this insanity. With this show, it's when my ambivalence of having landed such a miniscule part this time around really magnifies--I'm still bummed that my part is sneeze-and-you-miss-it, but getting more and more glad that at least I don't have hours and hours of frenzied costume changes and standing around on stage while the techies focus lights and get their cues straight.

And all this for just three performances. After Saturday it's all over, and I can go back to fretting over finding a second half-time job.  ::)
Lupin fanfic work-in-progress: "Fun and Thieving in Las Vegas"
http://www.mizducky.com/churchofwhoopie/2008/08/fun-and-thievin.html

Sad cactus

« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2009, 06:57:42 pm »
Break a leg on your production! ^^ Hey, without the bit parts, then it would just be a bunch of leads on an empty, soulless stage. You may have a small part, but say your lines with pride! ^_^ Too bad we can't see pictures. : (

alljackets67

• [Member]
« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2009, 02:03:31 am »
As a techie myself, I know how you feel. :P I had to tech five performances of the same show for three days; with Saturday following the same three performance schedule yours is Mizducky. Plus, the props were HUGE and I was stage crew.

Jo

• Part of the Gang
  • natto mmm.
« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2009, 03:20:14 am »
I am now in the midst of "hell week," the week before a theatre production opens, in which all the tech stuff (sound, lights, sets, etc.), costuming, props, and so on get dropped on the actors all at the same time, and are made to fit together. Long, often tedious rehearsals every night of the week until opening. And since this is community theatre, complicated by lots of jury-rigged equipment and amateur crew of varying levels of (in)experience. This is the week when I have to keep reminding myself that I willingly tried out for and accepted a part in this insanity. With this show, it's when my ambivalence of having landed such a miniscule part this time around really magnifies--I'm still bummed that my part is sneeze-and-you-miss-it, but getting more and more glad that at least I don't have hours and hours of frenzied costume changes and standing around on stage while the techies focus lights and get their cues straight.

And all this for just three performances. After Saturday it's all over, and I can go back to fretting over finding a second half-time job.  ::)
Yeesh this brings back horrid memories of all the community productions I was unwillingly dragged into, kicking and screaming used to volunteer for. I can definitely feel your pain. Hopefully everything goes well and hitch-free =)

Le sigh. My sister is going to the Philippines next month for research work for her University =/ I'm super excited for her but she'll be gone for 6 months and I'm reaaalllyy going to miss her.

Sad cactus

« Reply #14 on: July 07, 2009, 07:32:16 am »
Will you be able to keep in touch with her? oO I hope that she has a safe trip to and from the Philippines. ^^ What part is she going to?