Author Topic: The New Random Conversation Thread  (Read 176142 times)

Sad cactus

Re: The New Random Conversation Thread
« Reply #15 on: July 07, 2009, 09:26:08 am »
Thanks for sharing the pictures! ^__^ Cool. so you got to see the big Alphonse Elric, too! ^_^ All the pictures look great! It's funny that the comic con was only in its first year, whereas Japan Expo has been in its tenth. Ironic. XD

Geist_MD

• Boogie Woogie Loog Shugie!
  • [Member]
  • The Coiled Shuffler
« Reply #16 on: July 07, 2009, 03:47:18 pm »
Hu? Each time I log in here, something is different...
Geist_MD> are you remodeling the whole forum?

Reed and I have been moving quite a few things around, and there's some other stuff we have in mind but don't wanna mention {partially because if we change our minds about something, we don't wanna go WELL THAT FEATURE WE PROMISED AIN'T HAPPENIN'}

Unrelated time! I went to the store, walking around, and it's freakin' muggy, guy.
1-888-SPY-HARD

angelidollinda

• Part of the Gang
  • I believe in the power of the thief!
« Reply #17 on: July 07, 2009, 04:03:10 pm »
A place I applied to ages ago e-mailed me back and told me they were going to look for interns and that my resume was one of the first to be shipped off. I know I shouldn't just depend on this and to keep job hunting just in case, but I can't help but worry and hope that this works out... the last few weeks have just been hopeless for me, I really want to get this job. I really want to finally get out on my own.
Les temps sont durs pour les r

DrFurball

• Just Stupidly Unfunny Enough
  • Part of the Gang
  • The hero of today, yeah!
« Reply #18 on: July 07, 2009, 04:18:30 pm »
9. A full size Spiderman near a comic stand
I'm sorry to correct you on this, but there's a hyphen in "Spider-Man".  Just a pet peeve of mine.
But those were some awesome pics.  Aww...free hugs.

A place I applied to ages ago e-mailed me back and told me they were going to look for interns and that my resume was one of the first to be shipped off. I know I shouldn't just depend on this and to keep job hunting just in case, but I can't help but worry and hope that this works out... the last few weeks have just been hopeless for me, I really want to get this job. I really want to finally get out on my own.
I can relate to you on this one.  I've been desperately searching for a job myself.  I've sent almost 30 applications around, with no success.  I wish you the best of luck.

I'm not sure how many of you guys are familiar with the Wario Land games, but I've been working on-and-off the last few months on a musical tribute to it.  Check it out, please?
Ceci n'est pas une signature.
Weird in a Can! (Updates weekdays)

mizducky

• [Member]
  • "Go on punk, make my day."
    • Personal website
« Reply #19 on: July 07, 2009, 05:54:29 pm »
Hah--maybe employment karma is in the air? I've been sending out resumes and answering Craigslist queries for weeks now, and finally today, for the first time, I got a callback. I go on the interview tomorrow. It's only 12 hours a week, but that plus the current part-time job and maybe one more, and I might finally have it all covered. We'll see.
Lupin fanfic work-in-progress: "Fun and Thieving in Las Vegas"
http://www.mizducky.com/churchofwhoopie/2008/08/fun-and-thievin.html

Ishikawa Goemon

• Part of the Gang
  • Derpin' along.
« Reply #20 on: July 07, 2009, 06:16:16 pm »
Best of luck with the interview; I'm glad you've finally been contacted.
Lupin will look up and shout, "Save us, plot-device!", and I'll look down and whisper, "No".

Sad cactus

« Reply #21 on: July 07, 2009, 06:56:41 pm »
Same here, good luck on the interview! ^_^

Geist_MD

• Boogie Woogie Loog Shugie!
  • [Member]
  • The Coiled Shuffler
« Reply #22 on: July 07, 2009, 06:58:49 pm »
Lupin The Third.net: Your source for employment needs!

I, myself, am looking to ditch the job I'm at, because when it gets to the point you'd rather be unemployed, it's time to abandon ship. Can't I just get a job in a coffee house somewhere, keep my laptop plugged in and on MSN all day between serving people? Something nice and laid back. Blech. DAMN MY POOR CAREER CHOICE, I WAS DESTINED FOR BARRISTA-HOOD!
1-888-SPY-HARD

blackcoated

• [Member]
  • the world is mine
« Reply #23 on: July 11, 2009, 03:34:08 am »
got into university,good,halfly learned classes on standar dribing,good, now to find two things work and love,need the latter more than the first

http://www.myspace.com/weberwound
my 1st uploaded and made by me video on youtube maybe ill do areview
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dVIu3Jssf7A&feature=channel_page

Sad cactus

« Reply #24 on: July 11, 2009, 09:39:12 am »
Congratulations on getting into the university. ^^ Good luck finding work and love. ^^

mizducky

• [Member]
  • "Go on punk, make my day."
    • Personal website
« Reply #25 on: July 11, 2009, 02:08:44 pm »
I, myself, am looking to ditch the job I'm at, because when it gets to the point you'd rather be unemployed, it's time to abandon ship. Can't I just get a job in a coffee house somewhere, keep my laptop plugged in and on MSN all day between serving people? Something nice and laid back. Blech. DAMN MY POOR CAREER CHOICE, I WAS DESTINED FOR BARRISTA-HOOD!
Heh. I hit that point for the final time about seven years ago, and ran screaming from Large American High Tech Corporate Evil Empire. The downside is that I've been scrambling financially ever since, perpetually under-employed, and now looking at finally being no longer able to afford my ever-ballooning health insurance premiums. On the other hand, if I'd stayed in the Evil Empire, I'd possibly be using every penny of their fancy health benefits for stress-related health problems. If they didn't find a way to lay me off first. :P So ... at least this way I have my sanity, I have time for foolishness like theatre and writing, and (except for the occasional 3am anxiety attack) am pretty cheerful.

Oh yeah--my job interview went extremely well. Now I'm just waiting for the lady to call my references and get back to me ... not going any further with that thought for fear of jinxing things.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2009, 02:10:25 pm by mizducky »
Lupin fanfic work-in-progress: "Fun and Thieving in Las Vegas"
http://www.mizducky.com/churchofwhoopie/2008/08/fun-and-thievin.html

angelidollinda

• Part of the Gang
« Reply #26 on: July 12, 2009, 06:35:11 am »
Saying my goodbyes to everyone here, I'll be in San Diego for a internship interview until Tuesday! Wish me luck you guys, I really need it. :-\

Jo

• Part of the Gang
  • natto mmm.
    • I am a vegan. Except on half price wing night.
« Reply #27 on: July 14, 2009, 02:10:10 am »
Saying my goodbyes to everyone here, I'll be in San Diego for a internship interview until Tuesday! Wish me luck you guys, I really need it. :-\
You've made it sound as though you're leaving for all eternity lol. Anyways best of luck with the interview!

Today I had an awkward foreign Japanese friend moment. We started having a "conversation" in Japanese to which she exclaimed "Ahhhhh your pronunciation is so sexy!" I was under the impression that she wasn't sure of what she just said until she dragged me around to all her Japanese friends to show everyone how "sexy" my Japanese was. T'was incredibly uncomfortable and embarrassing when they all agreed. I've decided to stick to speaking English around her until she goes back to Japan.

Lupin III Manga Database[Scanlations and such are here]

angelidollinda

• Part of the Gang
« Reply #28 on: July 15, 2009, 03:11:09 pm »
@JoYi: Haha, I think I have it worse. When I was in Florida working at Disney World, I had a co-worker from Japan and when I tried talking to her in (not very good)Japanese, she told me I sounded like an Anime character... :-[

Back from my trip, still exhausted from the ten hour ride back. Also nervous about whether I'll get the job or not... the interview I think went well, but now I need to play the waiting game.

angelidollinda

• Part of the Gang
« Reply #29 on: July 15, 2009, 05:58:49 pm »
@banished: Welcome back! How was the weather over there? :)