Author Topic: Lupin the Draw!  (Read 163267 times)

Fujikogirl23

• The Curiously Curious
  • Part of the Gang
  • "My head is full of ideas, that's why I'm crazy!"
Lupin the Draw!
« on: July 20, 2009, 02:59:46 pm »
GEIST MD: Well, this here is the stickythread for everyone's assorted drawings and art-related work regarding Lupin, if only to cut down on some threads, and keep everything tidy. Happy drawing, guys!

And now, without further ado, the original poster herself:

Hey everyone!^^ Long time, no see. How's it going? (And, wow....have the boards changed a bit in design. I like it! lol.)

Sorry it's been a while, but I want to show you guys my latest pic of Fuj. What do you think? :)

« Last Edit: July 21, 2009, 04:36:25 am by Geist_MD »

Sad cactus

Re: Lupin the Draw!
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2009, 05:10:37 pm »
Lovely! ^^ She reminds me of the '79 opening theme where Fujiiko is blonde and turning around--except that she has brown hair here. Also looks like the First Contact scene where she turns around, her hair waving in the wind, looking very wistful. : )

Fujikogirl23

• The Curiously Curious
  • Part of the Gang
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2009, 08:34:28 pm »
Thank you, SC!  :)

Also, I'm glad you pointed it out. The movement of the hair was, in fact, from First Contact!^^ I don't know what it is about that scene, but I think it's one of the best shots of Fujiko. As for the eyes, I changed them on my own. I wanted her to have that 2nd series look while kind of looking like the revised modern day version of Fuj. If I were one of those people making Lupin today, that's how I would draw the characters.

Ishikawa Goemon

• Part of the Gang
  • Derpin' along.
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2009, 12:46:20 am »
Mn, what stands out to me the most would be the vivid colouring - simple, but very effective. I do like this style of Fujiko myself; good work.
Lupin will look up and shout, "Save us, plot-device!", and I'll look down and whisper, "No".

Fujikogirl23

• The Curiously Curious
  • Part of the Gang
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2009, 01:06:35 am »
Thanks, Goemon! ^^

Ishikawa Goemon

• Part of the Gang
  • Derpin' along.
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2009, 02:04:36 am »
Don't mention it - hardly anything worth thanking me for. :) Hope to see more in the future.
Lupin will look up and shout, "Save us, plot-device!", and I'll look down and whisper, "No".

DrFurball

• Just Stupidly Unfunny Enough
  • Part of the Gang
  • The hero of today, yeah!
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2009, 03:26:38 am »
Excellent!  I can almost see Fuji-chan's hair moving before my eyes.  It's incredibly detailed without going overboard.  The eyes look spectacular.
Ceci n'est pas une signature.
Weird in a Can! (Updates weekdays)

Geist_MD

• Boogie Woogie Loog Shugie!
  • [Member]
  • The Coiled Shuffler
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2009, 04:32:55 am »
Well, I'm gonna make a stickythread for everyone's assorted drawings and art-related work regarding Lupin, if only to cut down on some threads, and keep everything tidy. Happy drawing, guys!
1-888-SPY-HARD

Fujikogirl23

• The Curiously Curious
  • Part of the Gang
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2009, 10:11:07 am »
Thanks, Dr. Furball.^^ Also, for the coloring, I used these high quality colored pencils called Prismacolor. They have a pastel-like feel to them, so they make the colors pop out a little. They're expensive, but worth it. I recommend it for anybody who draws.

And also, thanks for giving us the heads-up on this thread, Geist.

Southern_Belle

• [Member]
« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2009, 08:55:36 pm »
Howdy all!  This is my first ever fanart...well ever.  I've never been one to draw characters that aren't of my own creation but Lupin and Co. are just so dang gun charming I couldn't help myself.  This here's a cast roster of sorts for the RP currently go'n on.

I know it's posted in the RP OOC thread but I'll just put down a quick refresher here if you don't mind:

The Cast
Lupin The Third: Geist
Jigen Daisuke: MizDucky
Ishikawa Goemon: Ishikawa Goemon
Mine Fujiko: Lupin Lover
Koichi Zenigata: Angel Idol Linda
Kiichi Melon: Dr. Furball
Fu Cheung: Lady Lupin
Houjin Cheung: Lady Lupin
Adele LeBlanc: Southern Belle

Ishikawa Goemon

• Part of the Gang
  • Derpin' along.
« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2009, 09:07:56 pm »
Though I've already told you from what you shared with me, I have to say again that this fan-art is excellent, even more so as it's your very first. I was hoping to do an image of the cast myself, at some point, but I suffered a serious lack of motivation; in any case, I assure you this is probably better than how I would have done it. I just don't really have the focus for it, I think. The colouring, though simple, is nonetheless good, and the few anatomical issues (hands are always tricky, though) don't detract from the piece. You're inspiring me to get off my lazy butt and keep trying whenever I fail to get my ideas down on paper the way I see them in my mind. I'm sure the others will enjoy this.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2009, 09:09:19 pm by Ishikawa Goemon »

Geist_MD

• Boogie Woogie Loog Shugie!
  • [Member]
  • The Coiled Shuffler
« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2009, 12:52:07 am »
Aw's yeah. That's so awesome. Now youre character reminds me of someone and I can't place who. Shoot. I WILL NEVER REMEMBER ARGH

Actually, heck, can we use those as official depictions of the guys? I wonder if anyone minds?
1-888-SPY-HARD

Southern_Belle

• [Member]
« Reply #12 on: July 29, 2009, 01:01:59 am »
IG: Thank you very much, I know a few of the hands look wonky but I'll try harder on the next one!  I'm thinking about doing a few more of the group later, actually.  This fanart thing is kinda fun. >>

Geist: I wouldn't mind at all!

Ishikawa Goemon

• Part of the Gang
  • Derpin' along.
« Reply #13 on: July 29, 2009, 01:12:37 am »
Actually, heck, can we use those as official depictions of the guys? I wonder if anyone minds?

Ha, yeah. It's me again. Raisin' a ruckus.

Well, to be honest, it's not exactly how I've envisioned Goemon while I've been writing (and it would be kind of freaky if it was, quite frankly); of course, it's pretty impossible for anyone to crack my head open and wade through the gooey, gooey insides within to know precisely what I'm thinking. Now, to be sure that no one's getting the wrong idea, what I'm saying is NOT that I think this work is anything less than great, or better/worse than how I would have done it. It just means that I recognize that this is Southern Belle's spin on him, and that I also have my own idea of his appearance, to which I'm pretty accustomed. Little details, yes, but I dig it. :) I really don't mean to bum anyone out. Just giving my two cents Canadian (which is still inferior to American cents).

That said, I still think this is a good take on the characters overall.

LadyLupin

• Part of the Gang
  • Lady Lupin Sansei
« Reply #14 on: July 29, 2009, 01:29:01 am »
Howdy all!  This is my first ever fanart...well ever.  I've never been one to draw characters that aren't of my own creation but Lupin and Co. are just so dang gun charming I couldn't help myself.  This here's a cast roster of sorts for the RP currently go'n on.

I know it's posted in the RP OOC thread but I'll just put down a quick refresher here if you don't mind:

The Cast
Lupin The Third: Geist
Jigen Daisuke: MizDucky
Ishikawa Goemon: Ishikawa Goemon
Mine Fujiko: Lupin Lover
Koichi Zenigata: Angel Idol Linda
Kiichi Melon: Dr. Furball
Fu Cheung: Lady Lupin
Houjin Cheung: Lady Lupin
Adele LeBlanc: Southern Belle

I personally like how Cheung and Huojin came out. =)