Author Topic: Lupin the Draw!  (Read 162415 times)

Ishikawa Goemon

• Part of the Gang
  • Derpin' along.
Re: Lupin the Draw!
« Reply #30 on: October 30, 2009, 12:43:43 pm »
Sure, why not? I don't see it taking too long (more so if you have Photoshop), and it'd be neat to see the Lupin 'varieties' lined up. Crisp, cute art.
Lupin will look up and shout, "Save us, plot-device!", and I'll look down and whisper, "No".

Fujikogirl23

• The Curiously Curious
  • Part of the Gang
  • "My head is full of ideas, that's why I'm crazy!"
« Reply #31 on: October 30, 2009, 12:58:39 pm »
Thanks, Goemon! ^_^

Sadly, I don't have Photoshop even though I plan on getting it for my classes. Instead, I'm stuck w/ a cheap paint editing program called Acrosoft PhotoImpressions 0.5. I hope I end up w/ a Wacom tablet someday. Our school have drawings about almost every month for someone to win one. That'd be the luckiest day of my life! T^T

Ishikawa Goemon

• Part of the Gang
  • Derpin' along.
« Reply #32 on: October 30, 2009, 01:18:32 pm »
You're welcome. From what I can see, the program you've used doesn't seem all that cheap (in terms of quality), but you would know better. Out of curiosity, have you tried experimenting with OpenCanvas at some point? There's a free older version floating around the Internet.
Lupin will look up and shout, "Save us, plot-device!", and I'll look down and whisper, "No".

Fujikogirl23

• The Curiously Curious
  • Part of the Gang
« Reply #33 on: October 30, 2009, 02:01:40 pm »
To be honest, I never heard of it. I'm sorry. :(

The only programs I ever messed w/ were PhotoShop Elements (in high school), PhotoImpressions 0.5, and PhotoShop CS3 (in both high school and currently in college).

With the program I'm currently using for spare time, you don't have all those fancy tools you would have like in PhotoShop. All you can do is crop, fill in the pictures w/ a solid color, and the only few things they have that are neat is text design, make the pictures look dotted, sketchy, etc, and using the blur, burn, and magnet tool. And if you do use the magnet tool, it'll just cut out the bg, but it's not like you can make compressed images like photoshop were you drag the picture onto another image.

At least with the colors, I can use whatever capacity I choose which helps make certain colors lighter and/or darker than usual. Like, Lupin's skin color for example. I can easily add a little bit of white on it to make it lighter.

It just sucks that photoshop costs too much. -__- Idk. I guess I feel it's cheap in quality b/c I can't do more w/ the pictures than I can w/ photoshop after learning so much about how it works. Once again, I wish I knew how the OpenCanvas thing works so I could help you out.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2009, 02:15:14 pm by Fujikogirl23 »

Ishikawa Goemon

• Part of the Gang
  • Derpin' along.
« Reply #34 on: October 30, 2009, 02:31:05 pm »
To be honest, I never heard of it. I'm sorry. Sad
No need for an apology.
With the program I'm currently using for spare time, you don't have all those fancy tools you would have like in PhotoShop. All you can do is crop, fill in the pictures w/ a solid color, and the only few things they have that are neat is text design, make the pictures look dotted, sketchy, etc, and using the blur, burn, and magnet tool. And if you do use the magnet tool, it'll just cut out the bg, but it's not like you can make compressed images like photoshop were you drag the picture onto another image.

Hm. Still doesn't seem too primitive - though I suppose I am saying this because I don't tend to use elaborate techniques in Photoshop.

It just sucks that photoshop costs too much. -__- Idk. I guess I feel it's cheap in quality b/c I can't do more w/ the pictures than I can w/ photoshop after learning so much about how it works. Once again, I wish I knew how the OpenCanvas thing works so I could help you out.

Actually, I don't need help, but I appreciate the sentiment; I was just suggesting OC for you, so you could give it a spin if you felt like trying out a different Photoshop-alternative. It's a nice little program, and one can make good use of layers there too. As for that draw you mentioned in your previous post, I'll keep my fingers crossed. :) Peace.

Fujikogirl23

• The Curiously Curious
  • Part of the Gang
« Reply #35 on: October 30, 2009, 03:34:21 pm »
Actually, I don't need help, but I appreciate the sentiment; I was just suggesting OC for you, so you could give it a spin if you felt like trying out a different Photoshop-alternative. It's a nice little program, and one can make good use of layers there too. As for that draw you mentioned in your previous post, I'll keep my fingers crossed.  Peace.

Oh! Okay. :) Thanks for the tip, Goemon.

DrFurball

• Just Stupidly Unfunny Enough
  • Part of the Gang
  • The hero of today, yeah!
« Reply #36 on: October 31, 2009, 01:54:40 pm »
Happy Halloween!
(click to show/hide)
Ceci n'est pas une signature.
Weird in a Can! (Updates weekdays)

Fujikogirl23

• The Curiously Curious
  • Part of the Gang
« Reply #37 on: October 31, 2009, 06:50:21 pm »
OMG! LOL! xD

I always did thought about drawing Fujiko in Rouge's clothing, but wow! I didn't expect anyone else to do it! And Jigen as the Joker is priceless!

Great job, DrFurball!  :D

Psycho_Kenshin

• Part of the Gang
  • Fujiko is super hot, Lupin is uber cool
    • My profile on MyAnimeList.net (including Lupin reviews!)
« Reply #38 on: October 31, 2009, 08:42:16 pm »
Hey, everyone! I just finished coloring this today. Hope you like!^^ I'm thinking about changing the colors of the jacket as separate versions like green, pink, and even black. You guys think I should it?

Very cool. ;D If you do some alternate colors, I dig the look when Lupin has black pants and a dark shirt the best, with any jacket color.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2009, 08:43:05 pm by Psycho_Kenshin »

Hokori

• [Member]
  • Itchy fingers makes for great ideas.
    • My Deviantart
« Reply #39 on: November 08, 2009, 04:07:34 pm »
Spoiler'd to conserve space. :)

I sketched a whole lot in English... -3-

(click to show/hide)

Ah, I was slacking all weekend in making my comics. I was totally goofing off and drawing random stuff. This picture is a result of that--a 'promo' for my doujinshi. Lauren's an original character, and I don't think she'll even be romantically involved with anyone as she's a really minor character in general, but oh well. I don't like how she came out; I do like Jigen's outcome, though. :)

(click to show/hide)

Hokori

• [Member]
    • My Deviantart
« Reply #40 on: November 10, 2009, 10:57:33 pm »
Sorry for the double post--but I think it's a good thing, anyway. I didn't want to clog up the OOC Roleplay board with my character designs, even if she's technically in OOC mode right now. So I'm going to deem this post the HOLY MOLY SO MUCH ABENI post.

1.) First Drawn Pic--Generic Close-up:
(click to show/hide)

2.) Larger Body shot (totally fudged up her neck and head's position :():
(click to show/hide)

3.) Relaxing Abeni:
(click to show/hide)

4.) Scary Abeni:
(click to show/hide)

5.) Bootylicious Abeni with her gun:
(click to show/hide)

6.) Sort of NSFW of Abeni--it's got a little boobage and some panties. Doesn't every character deserve an obligatory risque/sexy shot? :)
Direct photobucket link.

7.) 11/15/09 - Small doodle of Abeni:
(click to show/hide)

8.) 11/23/09 - Resting Abeni:
(click to show/hide)

These can all be seen at my deviantart, but who wants to go all over the place for pictures, right?  ;)

« Last Edit: November 24, 2009, 02:09:15 am by Hokori »

Gozar

• Part of the Gang
    • Otaku in a Bottle
« Reply #41 on: December 10, 2009, 11:45:07 pm »
These pictures are not mine. They were made by my girlfriend, Michelle (Majinbulgeta on Deviantart)

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

Hokori

• [Member]
    • My Deviantart
« Reply #42 on: December 18, 2009, 09:45:55 pm »
I stole a photo from Lupin's apartment~!

(click to show/hide)

DrFurball

• Just Stupidly Unfunny Enough
  • Part of the Gang
  • The hero of today, yeah!
« Reply #43 on: December 19, 2009, 01:56:58 am »
I stole a photo from Lupin's apartment~!
Nice!  Sums up their relationship pretty well.  I can't help but wonder who snapped the photo, though?

My turn!
A few weeks back, I decided to try drawing the cast of Lupin III in a style reminiscant of a modern American cartoon.
In particular, I tried to mimic the style of Sean Galloway, character designer for "The Spectacular Spider-Man".
Buuut, I had no reference pics, so it's no a perfect copy (nor was it intended to be)
(click to show/hide)
I think I like how Lupin, Goemon, and Zenigata turned out the best. Fujiko isn't sexy enough, though. I did have a different head for the G-Man, but it looked bad, so I copy-pasted a new head over it.

I apologize for the blue lines, but my 3 year-old cousin had found a blue marker and my sketchbook...
(By the way, in my mind, the jacket was red and the tie yellow)
Ceci n'est pas une signature.
Weird in a Can! (Updates weekdays)

Lazymez

• [Member]
    • Flavors.me
« Reply #44 on: January 09, 2010, 04:56:13 pm »
A bit dead here, dont you think so?
I wonder if this is the correct topic for this but..
(click to show/hide)
(click to show/hide)