Author Topic: Episode 2: ".357 Magnum" Official Thread  (Read 65902 times)

Reed

• Lazy Site Admin
  • Cliff Hanger
  • Site Admin
    • http://www.lupinthethird.com
Re: Episode 2: ".357 Magnum" Official Thread
« Reply #45 on: April 12, 2012, 04:19:44 am »
I watch the episode on you tube. Lot of talking, difficult to understand without subtitles, but...is only 13 minutes long? Why so brief?

Sounds like you saw only about half of the episode, not the whole thing. These things run about 20-some minutes long.
-R. Nelson

Reed

• Lazy Site Admin
  • Cliff Hanger
  • Site Admin
« Reply #46 on: April 12, 2012, 04:24:29 am »
Subtitled version is up....by Sage Subs.

Still no sign of the Funimation streams. Until we see episodes start going up, I'm gonna break a bit of kosher and allow links to the fansubs.

Once the official subs start coming, guys, no more fansub links. Got it?

Sage Subs torrent:
-Link removed-

Official Funimation stream:
http://www.funimation.com/lupin-the-third-fujiko-mine
« Last Edit: April 13, 2012, 01:37:10 pm by Lupin the Third »
-R. Nelson

KoichiZenigata

• Part of the Gang
  • Stealing Japan for a Year
    • Lupin has a podcast
« Reply #47 on: April 12, 2012, 05:24:30 am »
Thank goodness for torrents... or else if I had stayed up till 1:30 am last night I would have been so tired today. :)

Thanks for link!

Reed

• Lazy Site Admin
  • Cliff Hanger
  • Site Admin
« Reply #48 on: April 12, 2012, 05:29:19 am »
Thank goodness for torrents... or else if I had stayed up till 1:30 am last night I would have been so tired today. :)

Thanks for link!

Could you even see it in your current location? You said Episode 1 wasn't even airing in your (non-Kanto) area. Did you relocate?
-R. Nelson

Reed

• Lazy Site Admin
  • Cliff Hanger
  • Site Admin
« Reply #49 on: April 12, 2012, 06:32:29 am »
Operating on the assurance that the only nudity in the episode was brief and at the beginning, I braved watching the tail end of the episode on a streaming site. It was extremely well done, in my opinion. Very moody, very serious, but very genuine. I think Ben's review on Anipages puts it better than I could: http://www.pelleas.net/aniTOP/index.php/lupin-iii-fujiko-2
-R. Nelson

mikezilla2

• Part of the Gang
« Reply #50 on: April 12, 2012, 06:43:16 am »
GG also have an encode up  :)

KoichiZenigata

• Part of the Gang
  • Stealing Japan for a Year
    • Lupin has a podcast
« Reply #51 on: April 12, 2012, 06:52:49 am »

Thanks for link!

Could you even see it in your current location? You said Episode 1 wasn't even airing in your (non-Kanto) area. Did you relocate?

I can see it in my current location, I used the KeyHoleTV when watching the first episode.

I just finished watching the 2nd episode now. Jigen was just terrific, I thought his personality would be different with his reaction to Fujiko and I was so glad that he acted like the real Jigen. Kobayashi was great to hear as well.
Not as much naked Fujiko scenes in this episode, which made me happier compared to the first episode.
Jigen's beard though is way too pointy.
Jigen making love in a coffin is what I really got a kick out of from this episode.
And I agree with the "more comedy needed" suggestion.

warewolf

• [Member]
  • Nothing suspicious in here! Move along, people!
« Reply #52 on: April 12, 2012, 09:34:16 am »
*climbs back up from under a rock called tumblr*
I just saw episode 2 AND I NEED PEER SUPPORT FOR THIS!!

I mean, dear lord I was really waiting for this episode. Just the whole layout was from chinese noir-movie.
I loved it.

Gozar

• Part of the Gang
    • Otaku in a Bottle
« Reply #53 on: April 12, 2012, 09:55:04 am »
And I agree with the "more comedy needed" suggestion.
Personally, I'm liking the more serious tone of this series. I don't think comedy is necessary.

RedDoodle

• [Member]
  • Bring me some HAMBEARGUUUEARSSS
    • Art stuff
« Reply #54 on: April 12, 2012, 11:02:06 am »
Man, what a good episode.  Jigen's characterization was perfect, pacing was excellent, story was compelling.. I don't think the animation was quite as smooth as it was in the first ep, but there were parts I really liked. 
Overall, step up from episode one, IMO.  Less nudity, more character.   
« Last Edit: April 12, 2012, 11:02:45 am by RedDoodle »

Gold Demona

• Queen of the Easily Amused
  • Part of the Gang
    • My DeviantArt
« Reply #55 on: April 12, 2012, 11:18:45 am »
I just finished watching it, and I'm just gonna copy/paste what I've already written on my Tumblr.

First of all, I just wanna start by saying "MMMMMM-HMHMHMHMHMMMMMMM!!!~" ^^

This was SOOOOOOOO satisfying!!!
As a HUGE Jigen fangirl, you don't even KNOW how much this episode pleased me.
And the fact that this episode was MUCH less raunchy than the first episode was very nice and made the episode that much more enjoyable.

Anyway, I really wasn't expecting Jigen to be such a romantic in this series. I really was expecting him to be more of the "cold-blooded killer" type character. A literal misogynist who would never even THINK about falling in love.

But I was very pleasantly surprised. And this was one of those cases where the girl had actually fallen in love with HIM, which I always love to see, even though they always end in tragedy. Which this one did.

And on top of that, the tragedy was the result of the girl stabbing Jigen in the back. Though as it turned out, it was all just an elaborate act set up so that Jigen would kill her. (because the girl was strangely suicidal...)

So in essence, we get BOTH of the "Jigen romance" scenarios in ONE go. Fantastic!

Also, he got laid. P:
Not sure if I should be ashamed or not by the fact that this pleases me so very very much... But it does. So there. :P
Thankfully it happens between scenes and not all up in your face, so there's a nice plus.
Can anyone tell me if this has EVER happened in anime form? I don't think it has.
Usually Jigen's relationships meet with a tragic end before they ever GET to that point.
This could very well be the first time Jigen has ever actually gotten laid in an anime.
Again, I'm not sure if I should be ashamed that I like this so much.

Just everything about this episode left me feeling VERY good about the rest of the series. Now that I know how Jigen is going to be handled, (and that not every episode is going to be "OMG BOOBIES!!!") I think there's a distinct possibility that I might actually be able to watch through the whole series. =)

ESPECIALLY THE EPISODES WITH JIGEN IN THEM!!!

MMMMMMMMMM!!!!~  ;D

Addendum: Also, I agree with Gozar on the comedy thing. I'm really enjoying the serious tone of this series so far.
Mostly because I wasn't really expecting this series to be very comical, if at all. Nor do I want it to be.
As far as the level of comedy is concerned, I think it's just fine the way it is.

Addendum Again: Also!!! I am even further in love with this new art style because of the way Jigen's face is drawn.
I've always preferred "long pointy nose" Jigen over the smaller nose style they've been going with in the recent specials.
AND THEY HAVE HIS HAIR BRUSHED BACK WHEN HIS HAT IS REMOVED AND NOT IN A STUPID NIKE SHWOOP HAIRSTYLE!!!
YES!!! THEY'RE DOING IT RIGHT!!!
« Last Edit: April 12, 2012, 11:45:53 am by Gold Demona »

blackjacket

• Part of the Gang
« Reply #56 on: April 12, 2012, 12:47:54 pm »
Another interesting episode. A Jigen episode. No Lupin appearance, but appropriate for this episode.
So a gritty tale that fits Jigen's character. His life might have stayed that way, but
then he met the zany, fun Lupin who made life more entertaining for Jigen and the rest of the gang.

Anyway, Fujiko is meeting all the characters one by one, so the next episode, Fujko will
meet Goemon and meet Zenigata in some other episode. I can't wait to see the whole
gang meet together for the time, except for Fujiko who would thenhave  met all of them by herself.

And the ending sequence, the song was the same, but the image was different.
It was interesting, cuz it showed a younger Fujiko, which appeared after Fujiko
said that her past will never catch up with her. It seemed that Fujiko may have been
a child prostitute, or at least was a prostitute in her younger days.

Anyways, looking forward to the next episode.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2012, 02:10:16 pm by blackjacket »

Jackson_H

• Part of the Gang
    • BehindtheVoiceActors
« Reply #57 on: April 12, 2012, 01:04:46 pm »
Funimation is always slow with simulcasts...  ::)

Anyways I really liked this episode but I also really liked episode 1 too.

Looking forward to episode 3.

"Don't worry, no matter what happens I'll never team up with you."

I like knowing future things before the characters do. ;D

penguintruth

• Part of the Gang
« Reply #58 on: April 12, 2012, 03:17:39 pm »
Doin' it in a coffin, real classy.

Love how he's so sure he won't be teaming up with Fujiko. I want to see how Lupin and Jigen meet.

Also, did anyone notice that Fujiko is more of a plot device than a character in this episode?

Red Dear

• Lupin The Third analyst and crazy penciller
  • Part of the Gang
    • DeviantArt gallery
« Reply #59 on: April 12, 2012, 03:37:02 pm »
Also, did anyone notice that Fujiko is more of a plot device than a character in this episode?

Indeed ! She is actually the common denominator of all the other characters. So, in a way, she united
them. Maybe I'm pushing too far in the symbolism...
Time to play the game, time to get a chance !