Author Topic: Episode 3: "The Lady and the Samurai" Official Thread  (Read 34753 times)

Gozar

• Part of the Gang
    • Otaku in a Bottle
Re: Episode 3: "The Lady and the Samurai" Official Thread
« Reply #45 on: May 02, 2012, 05:26:40 pm »
So we have all of these seeming bad guys have genuine feelings. I wonder if that leaves room for Pops to develop some emotion as well.

Robotech_Master

• Part of the Gang
« Reply #46 on: May 18, 2014, 04:30:16 am »
I can't believe in over three pages of discussion nobody brought this up.

What was with Fujiko's hair? There were shots where you could see pretty clearly, it was in a short cut. She didn't just have it braided or in a bun.

So suddenly she's got her full-length locks back at the end of the episode? What is it, a wig?

fryguy81

• Geek in Wolf's Clothing
  • Part of the Gang
    • Needless Essentials
« Reply #47 on: June 12, 2014, 01:01:32 pm »
I loved this episode. I liked seeing Fujiko in her Sound of Music best.

The song the little boy sings is just plain weird by any step of the imagination. not the kid singing, but the lyrics, the entire rhyme scheme was just odd.

I love when Fujiko changes her hair color or style and there is no explanation necessary. You know Fujiko when you see her.

The story itself was pretty standard and I thought Goemon was well handled. I know there's some issue with him being  enamored with Ms. Mine but I think that will change. I could definitely see Goemon quickly wise up and see through Fujiko's beauty and become suspicious of her. Remember, all it takes is Fujiko screwing him over just once and I feel that time will be coming up soon.

I did like the treasure though. And I have to say I think the focus on the samurai painting served it's purpose well, because in the end it was to be merely a red herring.

I loved that Fujiko's soul objective was to obtain a rare belt. To me, that is so Fujiko. Why go for standard high end art when you can obtain something even rarer and personal.

I also really dug the whole switcharoo. The idea that she lost the treasure she sought only for the big reveal at the end was expertly handled and for once, her being stripped fit in pretty well with what the story demanded (it's still unnerving to see so much nudity from her after all these decades).

Plus, it's nice to see the sweeter, softer side of Fujiko too. It's always nice to remind the audience that for all her jadedness and hardened exterior, there still beats a heart and a real gently and kind person underneath. I loved her interactions with the kids and not for once do I think it was an act. I think it was a rare moment where Fujiko was being honest and caring. I also think that if the paintings were indeed what she was after she still would have let them be destroyed to save the kids.

it's the moment when she kisses the little boy goodbye. It's always nice to see Fujiko without all of her experiences armoring her against the world.

All in all, a lovely episode.
That's Zenigata, truly the ideal of the Shoowa Period. A man incomparable for his determination to his work.
[sigpic]http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2012/163/4/e/___lupin_the_third____by_cibiah-d536tph.png[/sigpic]