Author Topic: Rose of Versailles picked up by Right Stuf and Viki  (Read 14497 times)

victorystar

• Part of the Gang
  • I happen to be very knowledgeable at this!
Re: Rose of Versailles picked up by Right Stuf and Viki
« Reply #15 on: September 14, 2012, 03:38:08 pm »
So wait, it's an official crossover, with the actual characters together; or is it just a parody with similar characters referencing "Rose...?"

Dude, TMS owns the rights to both Rose and Lupin. Why would they go for parody when they have the rights to both of the real ones?

Granted they explained how Lupin got to meet her by making Lady Oscar an immortal who wanted to turn into a statue to be with her lover forever, or a statue come to life who wanted to turn to a statue to return to her lover but either way it was a very official crossover.

But...does it help if I mention that the episode was written by a fan and turned official by the Lupin crew as part of the 100th episode celebration? It was a good episode but it has "Fan ficition" written all over it.

GATSU

• Part of the Gang
« Reply #16 on: September 14, 2012, 04:04:05 pm »
victorystar: Well, they kinda went for parody w/ Fujiko.  ;D

Mr. Lupin:
It has a amazing soundtrack , and was made by the french into a feature film in the 90's .

As opposed to Sofia Coppola's Marie Antoinette, which has a crappy soundtrack, among other things.  8)

Reed: My late mom never saw or heard of Rose of Versailles until that crossover, but she automatically loved the characters. I think she was a bit of a Francophile, though. So that tied into it.

Edit: Forgot to add that Right Stuf is taking fan questions for the author.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2012, 04:18:15 pm by GATSU »

FilmmakerJ

« Reply #17 on: September 14, 2012, 04:22:10 pm »
So wait, it's an official crossover, with the actual characters together; or is it just a parody with similar characters referencing "Rose...?"

Dude, TMS owns the rights to both Rose and Lupin. Why would they go for parody when they have the rights to both of the real ones?

Granted they explained how Lupin got to meet her by making Lady Oscar an immortal who wanted to turn into a statue to be with her lover forever, or a statue come to life who wanted to turn to a statue to return to her lover but either way it was a very official crossover.

I understand that, but even if they do own both shows, they can still choose to make a parody due to logic of time-period issues. Because Lupin and Oscar live 200 years apart. But like you said, they can also opt for having it be the actual characters and get around these time-period problems by making characters meet in unconventional ways.

But...does it help if I mention that the episode was written by a fan and turned official by the Lupin crew as part of the 100th episode celebration? It was a good episode but it has "Fan ficition" written all over it.

That very same thing happened with an episode of "Tiny Toons." Where some 8th grade female students wrote an episode and they either submitted it in a contest, or they sent it in the mail and Steven Spielberg managed to see it and approve it. Because it's the only episode where Steven actually does the voice of himself, instead of an impersonator. And it also happens to be one of the episodes that was animated by TMS instead of one of the other outsourced animation studios.

victorystar

• Part of the Gang
« Reply #18 on: September 14, 2012, 05:11:03 pm »

But...the Oscar in that show would have fans of the original Oscar in an uproar. I never put the two and two together and noticed Oscar was based on Lady Oscar until know but if they had made them exactly the same I'd be very mad so I'm glad they did so with Fujiko.

@J that's interesting man! Seems like an awesome episode btw.

FilmmakerJ

« Reply #19 on: September 14, 2012, 05:16:21 pm »

But...the Oscar in that show would have fans of the original Oscar in an uproar. I never put the two and two together and noticed Oscar was based on Lady Oscar until know but if they had made them exactly the same I'd be very mad so I'm glad they did so with Fujiko.

@J that's interesting man! Seems like an awesome episode btw.

It's right here in fact, if you wanna see it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rYPgDBIXzM4
(though admittedly this video is a little fuzzy on the audio)

GATSU

• Part of the Gang
« Reply #20 on: September 14, 2012, 07:17:33 pm »
I also forgot there's this episode of the red jacket show where Zenigata confuses the Treaty of Versailles with The Rose of Versailles.

FilmmakerJ

« Reply #21 on: September 14, 2012, 07:42:30 pm »
I also forgot there's this episode of the red jacket show where Zenigata confuses the Treaty of Versailles with The Rose of Versailles.

And how does that make any sense?

Is the Rose of Versailles an actual thing in "Rose of Versailles?" Because if it isn't an actual thing, then why would Zenigata make that mistake. The show can't be a real show in Lupin's universe can it? Because if it is, then why is there an episode where Lady Oscar actually shows up? Then again, I guess if the show is based on factual history, at least in Lupin's universe, then that would all make sense.

Sorry for being nit-picky.  :-[
I just tend to notice plot holes and inconsistencies.

victorystar

• Part of the Gang
« Reply #22 on: September 14, 2012, 08:44:17 pm »

And how does that make any sense?

Is the Rose of Versailles an actual thing in "Rose of Versailles?" Because if it isn't an actual thing, then why would Zenigata make that mistake. The show can't be a real show in Lupin's universe can it? Because if it is, then why is there an episode where Lady Oscar actually shows up? Then again, I guess if the show is based on factual history, at least in Lupin's universe, then that would all make sense.

Sorry for being nit-picky.  :-[
I just tend to notice plot holes and inconsistencies.

I actually think it is based on something historical. At least the first part is so it makes everything all right.

Still a good episode even with the inconsistencies, after all what other episode has the revelation that Lupin may be bi? (Or that he likes Woman and really pretty boys too)

Oh yeah I watched the Tiny Toons episode! Really fun episode!

Buster: "What's with this script? It's like 13-year-olds wrote it!"
Babs: "13-year-olds did write it."
« Last Edit: September 14, 2012, 09:01:37 pm by victorystar »

GATSU

• Part of the Gang
« Reply #23 on: December 07, 2012, 02:51:57 am »
First 5 eps are now online, with more scheduled each week.

Edit: Also, it looks like you can also pre-order the entire show for 60 smackers!
« Last Edit: December 07, 2012, 05:19:35 am by GATSU »

GATSU

• Part of the Gang
« Reply #24 on: July 11, 2015, 11:57:29 pm »
BTW, ANN just announced that the manga got licensed, too.