Author Topic: Last movie/episode you watched?  (Read 205932 times)

DrFurball

• Just Stupidly Unfunny Enough
  • Part of the Gang
  • The hero of today, yeah!
Last movie/episode you watched?
« on: January 23, 2008, 05:41:09 am »
Pretty self-explanatory.  Just name the last Lupin movie/TV special/episode you watched and give a your thoughts on it, if you want.

Farewell to Nostradamus- 7/10.  Lupin was too nice and the concept of the Earth Building was too far-fetched for me (in a Lupin film, at least), although its destruction made for an awesome climax.
Ceci n'est pas une signature.
Weird in a Can! (Updates weekdays)

aalong64

Re: Last movie/episode you watched?
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2008, 07:54:14 am »
Oddly enough, I just watched Farewell to Nostradamus last night too. I liked it a fair bit, although re-watching it for the third time, I found the whole section where they're on the island with Sergio (who I found irritating) fairly boring. I enjoyed the first half much more-- everything that took place in the Earth Building itself, pretty much until Lupin decides to go to Execution Island. I'm not saying the whole movie should've taken place in the building (although it probably could have, given the building's size and variety of environments), but I just found the parts that did more entertaining. On Execution Island, and the island where the sect was located, the plot seemed to slow down.

Before that, I watched "Thievin' Ain't Easy". I liked that alot, cause I'm a big fan of both the second series, and the the Phuzz (sp?) dub. My favourite episode was Ice, Robot. I really liked the animation/art in that one-- The poses and staging seemed a little more exciting and exaggerated than the average episode. Anybody know of any differences in that one, such as who directed it or something?

Zoo Station

• [Member]
    • The Fedora Chronicles
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2008, 01:56:16 pm »
Awesome idea for a thread. ;D

The last film I watched was Island of Assassins. Even though it's one of the darkest and most violent specials I've always enjoyed it. Watching Lupin trying to take on the world's deadliest killers while also looking for treasure is definatley awesome to watch. I also watched The Columbus Files the other night and it's probably my favorite of the tv specials. It's interesting to watch Fujiko take on a different role and we really get to see a different side of Lupin because of this.

The last episode I watched was "For Larva or Money". It's bizarre at times but it's a lot of fun and I love the part at the end when Zenigata keeps eating bugs.

Jo

• Part of the Gang
  • natto mmm.
    • I am a vegan. Except on half price wing night.
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2008, 04:47:19 pm »
Episode -  I have no idea. I went through the Green Jacket series again during the summer, but I'm pretty sure I might've watched a bit of Red Jacket during the fall ??? My memory sucks.

Movie/Special - First Contact. But I was making screencaps so I don't really think that counts as watching.

Lupin III Manga Database[Scanlations and such are here]

Jd-

• [Member]
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2008, 05:53:19 pm »
The last one I sat down and watched (without working on), was the 2002 OVA: Return of Pycal.

OK, there's no reason to even rate this... It's literally un-rateable. It's just so bizarrely terrible.

Zoo Station

• [Member]
    • The Fedora Chronicles
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2008, 09:36:09 pm »
I watched "To Be or Nazi Be" while eating lunch this afternoon. I'm still surprised that this episode was pulled off Adult Swim; it's obvious that Lupin and the gang are against the Nazis and they play them for fools the entire time. Compared to a lot of the garbage that's on that channel now this episode seems even more tame. ::)

Anyway, it's a fun episode. I especially like the part where they have to fly over the Berlin Wall.

mc_carter

• [Member]
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2008, 01:01:41 am »
The last thing I watched was Farewell, Lovely Lupin which I really enjoyed it was well worth the super long torrenting time it took to get. The story and animation quality are superb and the very monkey punch character twist was excellent.

Gozar

• Part of the Gang
    • Otaku in a Bottle
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2008, 12:26:05 am »
I watched the final half of Dead or Alive a few nights ago. 9/10...Love that Movie.

DrFurball

• Part of the Gang
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2008, 12:56:41 am »
I'm currently watching Secret of Mamo on and off.  It's probably my favorite Lupin movie aside from Cagliostro.  The characters are written perfectly (except for maybe Zenigata), and Mamo is pretty creepy and mysterious, even after he's revealed to be a white-headed Smurf.  Sure, Mamo's true form is just plain weird, but the ending makes up for it.  The whole things seems like it could've been written by Monkey Punch, and it is awesome.  Highly recommended.  9.3/10
Ceci n'est pas une signature.
Weird in a Can! (Updates weekdays)

Ishikawa Goemon

• Part of the Gang
  • Derpin' along.
« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2008, 08:00:41 am »
Re-watched The Last Mastery a week ago, and then, Lupin Becomes a Vampire. Liked the former much more than the latter... I'm never too much for supernatural business in an episode.
Lupin will look up and shout, "Save us, plot-device!", and I'll look down and whisper, "No".

Jd-

• [Member]
« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2008, 11:39:55 pm »
Green vs. Red when it came out, I guess.

MGFanJay

• Part of the Gang
  • Oh yeah...
    • Hardocre Gamer Magzine - free download
« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2008, 03:31:16 am »
Missed by a Dollar for films, and the first episode of the second series for episode.

pretty_fits

• [Member]
« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2008, 01:19:27 am »
Bye Bye Liberty Crisis. 8/10

DrFurball

• Part of the Gang
« Reply #13 on: June 30, 2008, 03:48:44 am »
Bye Bye Liberty Crisis. 8/10